Sham hatwitch

Trouble logging in

Hi,

For the past few days I haven't been able to log into (and, consequently, make edits) to the wiki. Here's the error message:

There seems to be a problem with your login session; this action has been canceled as a precaution against session hijacking. Please resubmit the form.

I've done all the usual steps (clear cookies and cache, restart) to no avail; googling the issue shows that several other people using MediaWiki have had the same issue at various times, and that it's apparently a bug in the software…?

Anybody else having this problem, or found a solution? If not, is this something the admins could look into? Thanks!

On 10/20/2019 at 8:02 PM, Sham hatwitch said:

Hi,

For the past few days I haven't been able to log into (and, consequently, make edits) to the wiki. Here's the error message:

I've done all the usual steps (clear cookies and cache, restart) to no avail; googling the issue shows that several other people using MediaWiki have had the same issue at various times, and that it's apparently a bug in the software…?

Anybody else having this problem, or found a solution? If not, is this something the admins could look into? Thanks!

I sent @FlyingRagnar an Email from his address here on the Den, will see if he replies. If I have any rights to the server I have way since lost them, I only cover the domain name for the Wiki.

And yeah, looks like a session token problem: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Thread:Project:Support_desk/Session_Hijacking_error_after_Update_1.19.14

• Upvote 1

Hey all, the wiki issue which was preventing logins has been resolved.  Sorry for the downtime.  Thanks to those of you who messaged me and posted on here.  Please continue to do so in the future, as I don't have eyes on the site at all times.

• Like 2