ErdrickSmasherVIII

Features that should be included in Dragon Quest Heroes III

Features that should be added to Dragon Quest Heroes III  

7 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So. . . What features would you guys want to be added to a Potential Future Dragon Quest heroes Game; a Musuo Game akin to Dynasty Warriors, with similar Gameplay; but with many staples of the Dragon Quest Franchise & Characters from various games in the series like Terry & Jessica(who were in BOTH Dragon Quest Heroes 1 & 2) 

The main rules so far are for who will not get in as characters in this series of games as the games seem to follow:

1. No Incarnations of the Legendary Hero,  or any of the heroes from 1-11(like Erdrick or the Luminary)

2. No Playable Villains(With the Sole Exception of Psaros, using the DQIV Remake Logic with a Different final boss that isn't Psaros)

3. No Generic Placeholder Characters, like the Cast of Dragon quest 1-3 or the completely Customizable party members of DQIX

Me Personally I Want Playable Monster Characters that originate from Previous Dragon Quest Games like Lizzie from Dragon Quest VI, Or Saber from Dragon Quest V; and also Some playable characters to Represent the Most Recent Mainstream series of Games in the Dragon Quest Franchise; Dragon Quest Eleven; such as Serena & Veronica, Erik, Rab, Princess Jade,

Spoiler

Sir Hendrick

and Sylvando; and maybe even some Party Members from Previous Dragon Quest Games that weren't included in Either of the first 2 Dragon Quest Heroes games; like Redd from Dragon Quest VIII, among others

Edited by ErdrickSmasherVIII

Milly as a playable character. #$*!ing do it, you cowards.

Best girl.

79A65910-4578-497C-9439-C9120C7D1EC5.png.ab86d60392e21aac6a9bf56109451c7d.png

Who's Milly?
DQVI is blocked by many. You're forgiven.

I want Keifer & Amos. I need on one else.
  • Upvote 1

I actually enjoyed the multiplayer in DQH2. I would like to see that being expanded on to keep a playerbase that lasts longer then two weeks. I really don't mind on who gets added. But I would like to see Torneko and Yangus get added back in. I was actually a bit sad with the lack of Yangus in 2.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, eal said:

Best girl.

79A65910-4578-497C-9439-C9120C7D1EC5.png.ab86d60392e21aac6a9bf56109451c7d.png

I Don't recognize her

10 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

DQVI is blocked by many. You're forgiven.

I want Keifer & Amos. I need on one else.

The Only characters I'm aware of from that game are Terry, Carver(From Dragon Quest Heroes II) & Lizzie(from The TV Tropes character page)

3 hours ago, cprmauldin said:

The playable monster thing sounds cool

Playable Monsters are one thing; But What I'm Hoping for is; not just the Heroes turning INTO Monsters like in DQH2; But having Playable Monsters that are actually their own Characters and can be switched out like the other Party members; like Maybe Some Playable Monster Characters Party Members from Previous games, Like Lizzy the Hackasaurus from Dragon Quest 6, Or Saber The great Sabrecat from Dragon Quest 5

Combination Attacks. More character interaction. Much more character interaction. The Carver-Maribel concept was amazing but it never went anywhere.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 10/18/2019 at 2:03 PM, JaybirdC said:

Combination Attacks. More character interaction. Much more character interaction. The Carver-Maribel concept was amazing but it never went anywhere.

i Agree that WOULD Be amazing; though Combination Attacks are admittedly more of a Chrono Trigger Staple instead of a Dragon Quest one(though one other than myself COULD argue that Pep Powers from Dragon Quest XI are basically Combination Attacks or Chrono Trigger Double & Triple Techs) and yeah, I Agree; I'd Love to see more Cross-game Interactions; Like Say How The Other characters would react to Sylvando's VERY Effeminate nature, or Alena's Reaction to Jade also being a warrior Princess, How everyone else would react to Jade's Re-Vamp Curse; Everyone's Reactions to Lizzie being affectionate towards Terry; there's so much possibilities for how each character can react to other characters, like comparing & contrasting, reactionary humor about how Characters react to certain other characters

Edited by ErdrickSmasherVIII
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, ErdrickSmasherVIII said:

I'd Love to see more Cross-game Interactions; Like Say How The Other characters would react to Sylvando's VERY Effeminate nature, or Alena's Reaction to Jade also being a warrior Princess, How everyone else would react to Jade's Re-Vamp Curse; Everyone's Reactions to Lizzie being affectionate towards Terry; there's so much possibilities for how each character can react to other characters, like comparing & contrasting, reactionary humor about how Characters react to certain other characters

Here, have a thread about this very topic.

On 10/17/2019 at 5:46 PM, ErdrickSmasherVIII said:

Playable Monsters are one thing; But What I'm Hoping for is; not just the Heroes turning INTO Monsters like in DQH2; But having Playable Monsters that are actually their own Characters and can be switched out like the other Party members; like Maybe Some Playable Monster Characters Party Members from Previous games, Like Lizzy the Hackasaurus from Dragon Quest 6, Or Saber The great Sabrecat from Dragon Quest 5

Right. I was on the same page with you. 

Monsters being playable and up-gradable characters. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, cprmauldin said:

Right. I was on the same page with you. 

Monsters being playable and up-gradable characters. 

Yeah. . . Well; I Bet if I were them and were trying to make A DQHIII; I'd Be Trying to figure out how to add Playable Monsters and still have it work with the mostly unchanged Gameplay mechanics that the Dragon Quest Heroes games have established. . . How to decide which Monsters get to be playable(aside from ones that are from Past Dragon Quest games like Lizzie & Saber), How to make playing as monsters work as actual party members, deciding what, if any, Monster Characters get to become Party members, and which species to use, and They'd have more experience & knowledge to figure these things out, Making Complex 3d Video games is Hard, and takes a Lot of People to make it work right, with as FEW Game-breaking Bugs as Possible, making sure the game ends up as Polished as it can possibly be!!

The monster recruiting thing seems stupid no offense, the heroes games are about bringing characters from older DQs in a new world in a hack-an-slash gameplay, if you want to recruit monsters there's the monsters games for that let's not add unecesary things, game needs to fix its flaws first let's not bloat it or it will turn into a shitshow.

You're just forcing a monster recruitment system for the shake of it when the game is not about the monsters it's about the ARPG/Crossover aspects and the monster medals are all what it needs.

Edited by Stuner50

21 hours ago, Stuner50 said:

The monster recruiting thing seems stupid no offense, the heroes games are about bringing characters from older DQs in a new world in a hack-an-slash gameplay, if you want to recruit monsters there's the monsters games for that let's not add unecesary things, game needs to fix its flaws first let's not bloat it or it will turn into a shitshow.

You're just forcing a monster recruitment system for the shake of it when the game is not about the monsters it's about the ARPG/Crossover aspects and the monster medals are all what it needs.

Yeah but some people feel like certain, "Heroes," in some of the games were monsters as well. 

Remember, the DQ franchise has a unique relationship with it's monsters since they don't always represent enemies and some titles have allowed monsters to become part of the team. 

That being said, I'm not super vested in the issue one way or the other, but I just figured I would throw that viewpoint out there. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, cprmauldin said:

Yeah but some people feel like certain, "Heroes," in some of the games were monsters as well. 

Remember, the DQ franchise has a unique relationship with it's monsters since they don't always represent enemies and some titles have allowed monsters to become part of the team. 

That being said, I'm not super vested in the issue one way or the other, but I just figured I would throw that viewpoint out there. 

Also Healix is a Heroic character, even though he's a Monster in Species. . .  and there were Monsters who served as allies(aside from Healix) within DQH2. . .

I'm still waiting for Debora to show up. We have the other two wives. Now give us the best.

I also wouldn't mind some more representation for VI. Maybe just one or two more at max but something at least. Lizzie would be a good choice honestly. They already kinda explored the concept of using monsters in battle so why not take it a step further?

One thing I really want them to do is a couch co-op multiplayer. I want to be able to play with my friends without having to use multiple consoles. This should be the norm between all versions.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Democrobot said:

I also wouldn't mind some more representation for VI. Maybe just one or two more at max but something at least. Lizzie would be a good choice honestly. They already kinda explored the concept of using monsters in battle so why not take it a step further?

I Agree; I'd LOVE to see Lizzie as a Party member; or even SABER the Sabrecat from Dragon Quest V. . . and I'd love to see them further the concept of playable monsters, than just leaving it at human party members using Monster Tokens to turn into them!!

2 hours ago, ErdrickSmasherVIII said:

I Agree; I'd LOVE to see Lizzie as a Party member; or even SABER the Sabrecat from Dragon Quest V. . . and I'd love to see them further the concept of playable monsters, than just leaving it at human party members using Monster Tokens to turn into them!!

I doubt we would see Saber. Bianca summons Purrcy (alt name for Saber) so I just don't see it happening. Not to mention Great Sabercats are a token as well. As for recruiting monsters as full party members, as cool as I think that would be I don't think it is a particularly feasible option.