Sign in to follow this  
SlimeVagrant

DLC can be enabled via 3DS CFW

A big problem with playing DQ9 nowadays is gaining access to the huge amount of locked content that requires connecting to an online service that no longer exists. There's all kinds of different solutions to this out there, but one I haven't seen talked about anywhere is 3DS Custom Firmware. All you need to do is make a save backup via the checkpoint app, put your SD card in your computer and use the DQ9 save editor on the .sav file that checkpoint created. Afterwords you can put your SD card back in your 3DS and restore the edited save to the cartage via checkpoint. I can confirm this method works as I just now tested it personally.

I used to use the NDS adapter plus but it is a real pain to get working on my computer due to its lack of licensed drivers iirc. This method requires no additional hardware other than a Micro SD card if you don't already have one (assuming you use a 3DS). I've looked and I haven't seen this offered as a solution anywhere else so I just figured I'd bring attention to it as it seems to be a rather good one.

you can get the dlc with out cfw i got a copy a few weeks ago and then i used this method and i got all the dlc
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/937281-dragon-quest-ix-sentinels-of-the-starry-skies/77723677

1 hour ago, solo said:

you can get the dlc with out cfw i got a copy a few weeks ago and then i used this method and i got all the dlc
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/937281-dragon-quest-ix-sentinels-of-the-starry-skies/77723677

There are many ways to get it other than cfw. I even mentioned one in the first post. Thats a pretty easy one too if you can connect to the server but certain ISPs won't let you use a different DNS. Plus you're also relying on someone else's server making it a less than permanent solution. Out of curiosity though, which shop items does that method give you? Unless it rotates like the service did initially you'd still wouldn't have access to a few items, but they're mostly just healing consumables iirc.

Edited by SlimeVagrant

On 10/14/2019 at 3:28 AM, SlimeVagrant said:

Out of curiosity though, which shop items does that method give you?

It rotates daily. In the last week, I've been able to get Christmas Cake, lots of Halloween-themed "skeleton" clothing, pirate and captain vests, and some Santa-themed ones.

• Like 1