Sign in to follow this  
Stuner50

Do you think we could get a Dragon Quest gacha game like Fire Emblem Heroes?

I know for the stars is gacha, but it's not the type of game i'm refering to.

Im talking something like FEHeroes, FF Brave Exivus, Tales of the Rays or Star Ocean: Anemesis, were you can get characters from past games and make your ideal party.

I think it would be pretty fun.

The last thing we need is more gacha games. The thing about them is they all play the same but it has characters from a series that is popular so they become popular for that reason alone. Because fans want to get JPEGs of their favorite characters in different outfits. The one I happen to play (Love Live! SIF) I haven’t dumped any money into, but it’s the only one a play and I have the self-control to not spend money. This is not the case for everyone and I actually dropped The Simpsons: Tapped Out because I was invested enough in The Simpsons to put money into it for characters and buildings. These games are funded by whales.

The sad fact is, they’re built on predatory gambling mechanics and are ripe for severe levels of exploitation, and I’d hate for Dragon Quest fans to be exploited. lol sorry that wasn’t the positive or hopeful answer you probably wanted. I find it especially weird that video game franchises need these kinds of games.

• Upvote 1

I really wouldn't see them making another gacha. They already have to compete with the massive mobile market. Why start to compete with your own IP? Especially when the game isn't available outside of Japan yet.

1 hour ago, eal said:

The one I happen to play (Love Live! SIF) I haven’t dumped any money into, but it’s the only one a play and I have the self-control to not spend money.

I only play Draglia Lost. Been playing it since December and never spent a penny on it. I used to be active for a large discord server for the game, and the amount of money that people end up spending on that game is staggering. Especially since the game is pretty friendly with freebies. I am doing all the highest level content. Yet never spent any money. But you STILL have people spending thousands on the game. Just goes to show how exploitative it is.

11 hours ago, Twinkie said:

I only play Draglia Lost. Been playing it since December and never spent a penny on it. I used to be active for a large discord server for the game, and the amount of money that people end up spending on that game is staggering. Especially since the game is pretty friendly with freebies. I am doing all the highest level content. Yet never spent any money. But you STILL have people spending thousands on the game. Just goes to show how exploitative it is.

Like I mentioned, I only play Love Live! SIF, and it’s incredibly generous when it comes to its premium currency, but I see people dump hundreds of dollars into it so that they can reach the highest tiers during events for their best girl and it just seems so ridiculous to me, they give these gems out in bucketfuls.

Not a gacha but if you wanna have a good time, look into the Star Citizen fandom if you really wanna see what reckless spending looks like.

55 minutes ago, eal said:

Not a gacha but if you wanna have a good time, look into the Star Citizen fandom if you really wanna see what reckless spending looks like.

Yeah I am fully aware of that game. Over promised, over hyped, and a perfect definition of scope creep. Not to mention people taking a mortgage just to buy ships for a game that isn't even half functional. All with a fandom who somehow believe that the game is going to fulfill all of it's promises. It is something to behold.

At least the people who spend a stupid amount of money on EVE are paying for a functional game.

One the other hand, they could make a game akin to Dissidia Final Fantasy Opera Omnia, where you get every character either in the story mode or via time limited events (before they are offered at any time). 

The only gacha part of this game is to get weapons. Weapons that you can also buy with in-game currency (weapon tokens). 

Oh and did I mention that there is no energy or stamina in the story and the time limited events? :'D

Tho truth be told, I think that having EVERY character is a bit dull. I' D rather have a selected few and an interesting story. 

On 10/10/2019 at 9:56 PM, Twinkie said:

I only play Draglia Lost.

My friend does the voice for Lily in that game.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Democrobot said:

My friend does the voice for Lily in that game.

That is really cool! Lily is easily one of my favorite Water characters.