Hendrik of Heliodor

Question about the Final Boss (big spoilers)

I'm referring to Mordegon here. I read here that the Lord of Shadows is a separate entity to Mordegon. It basically says that the being that presents itself after the Fall of Yggdrasil (probably Mordegon's first demon form) proves that it is separate to Mordegon. However, I always thought that Lord of Shadows was just the title that was used to refer to Mordegon and that the being was just Mordegon after absorbing Yggdrasil's powers. And as for the two dragons in his final form, the bestiary states that Mordragon's Tail is the Sword of Shadows so wouldn't that mean that Mordragon is Mordegon.. This seems pretty obvious but I don't know why the site states that it's a different entity. The only thing that would make sense to me is that the Lord of Shadows is the dark force that entered Morcant when he absorbed his powers but even then, Lord of Shadows just seems like a title. So, are they different or is the article wrong?

Posted (edited)

I was given the impression that the Lords of Shadows... 

Spoiler

was just a manifestation from a part of Calasmos. The seal on Calasmos wasn't complete, so part of his "power" broke/leaked off. Mordegon was simply the dark spirit of Morcant, while his "true" self was thrown aside when he absorbed the power. It is misleading since Mordegon picks the title up. So essentially Mordegon is part of the spirit of Morcant. Lords of Shadow is the "power" itself. So they would be considered as two separate entities. Which would explain the twin dragon.

Edited by Twinkie

Ah yes, this is what I thought it could mean if they are two seperate entities, thanks.

So I got to the final boss in Act 2. I think it throws all of that out the window. "Lords of Shadow" was renamed to "Mordragon's Tail".

I haven't reached it on Switch personally, but in the PS4/Steam game, the 'Lord of Shadows' (human skull) was referred to as 'Mordragon' in the bestiary and 'Mordragon' (dragon skull) was referred to as 'Mordragon's Tail'. The inconsistency here was weird, I guess they fixed it up for this version. So I think from what you wrote that the renamed 'Lord of Shadows' to 'Mordragon' and renamed 'Mordragon' to 'Mordragon's Tail', correct me if I'm wrong though.

45 minutes ago, Hendrik of Heliodor said:

I haven't reached it on Switch personally, but in the PS4/Steam game, the 'Lord of Shadows' (human skull) was referred to as 'Mordragon' in the bestiary and 'Mordragon' (dragon skull) was referred to as 'Mordragon's Tail'. The inconsistency here was weird, I guess they fixed it up for this version. So I think from what you wrote that the renamed 'Lord of Shadows' to 'Mordragon' and renamed 'Mordragon' to 'Mordragon's Tail', correct me if I'm wrong though.

Sorry I did get it mixed up. But you are correct.

The "Lord of Shadow" was renamed to Mordragon. The old "Mordragon" was renamed to Mordragon's Tail.