Plattym3

Episode 004 - Dwaine, DQ2, & Akira Toriyama

[mention=6623]Liamland[/mention] and I got a chance to talk to [mention=2168]Dwaine[/mention] last night and 3 old geezers went pretty deep into Dwaine's life, the just-fineness of DQ2, and lots of Akira Toriyama talk!

Don't be as grumpy as Toriyama, give us a listen below or on your favorite podcast app.

https://anchor.fm/podcast-d4a5800/episodes/Episode-004---Dwaine--DQ2---Akira-Toriyama-e5rrib

DOq-wHDXcAAKy4k.jpg

• Like 1

One of the best podcasts we've done so far, and look at cranky old man Toriyama! Get off his lawn!

• Like 1

This was great. Good to hear some about Dwaine's personal life. Makes him seem like not so much of a grumpy old man.

Platty, you mentioned signing up for the DQ of the Stars beta. How will you achieve this? I have a VPN but I still can't access the beta on the play store because of my accts country setting. Are you having to set up a separate device just for this?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, AustNerevar said:

Are you having to set up a separate device just for this?

I did it via a VPN and an Android emulator using my Japanese google play account.

Sorry for the delay, I have the MP4 and MP3 episodes up on the Den now as well

https://www.woodus.com/den/slimetime/episodes.php

And on YouTube

https://youtu.be/Solzr9V-kxY

This was great. Good to hear some about Dwaine's personal life. Makes him seem like not so much of a grumpy old man.

Platty, you mentioned signing up for the DQ of the Stars beta. How will you achieve this? I have a VPN but I still can't access the beta on the play store because of my accts country setting. Are you having to set up a separate device just for this?
Well, not sure yet. But I put VPN on my computer to sign up for a Canadian Google account. I'll use a VPN on my phone and switch to Canada before logging into that account on my phone and trying to download. Guess I won't know until I try. But you can have multiple accounts on your phone, so... maybe.

I'm gonna just wait.

Well, not sure yet. But I put VPN on my computer to sign up for a Canadian Google account. I'll use a VPN on my phone and switch to Canada before logging into that account on my phone and trying to download. Guess I won't know until I try. But you can have multiple accounts on your phone, so... maybe.
When I tried it, it wouldn't let me since I had multiple accounts. It considers multiple accounts to be like Family Sharing and it won't let you change the country for accounts that are in the same family.

Let me know if you figure it out cause I want to do it as well. But I don't see how to get around using a separate device with only one acct on it and using a VPN.

When I tried it, it wouldn't let me since I had multiple accounts. It considers multiple accounts to be like Family Sharing and it won't let you change the country for accounts that are in the same family.

Let me know if you figure it out cause I want to do it as well. But I don't see how to get around using a separate device with only one acct on it and using a VPN.
Crud. I haven't tried anything with my other account yet.

Crud. I haven't tried anything with my other account yet.
I could be mistaken and just haven't found a way to make it work yet.
  • Like 1

Just listened, really great interview @Dwaine!

Thanks Sack! Yeah, Dwaine was a riot to interview and an incredible wealth of oldschool Dragon Quest game and art knowledge. We had a blast.

I'm glad folks are enjoying it. It was really fun to do. Wish I was a little better on the mic, but I'm way better than I used to be.

You were fine.

18 minutes ago, Dwaine said:

I'm glad folks are enjoying it. It was really fun to do. Wish I was a little better on the mic, but I'm way better than I used to be.

I thought you did great. It was cool to hear you talk about the differences in designs and how Toriyama’s style has changed over the years.

I’m also glad you mentioned how you have to think about what to do in battle in DQ2. When I played the mobile version earlier this year I found Cannock really helpful thanks to his spell set.

• Like 1

I'm self conscious about my mic as well. I think that's just a thing we all personally deal with. I go back and analyze all my "umms" and "uhhs" and pauses for when I was collecting thoughts about how to say stuff. At the end of the day I look at this 4th podcast vs. the first one we did and appreciate that the quality has improved and I've gotten more comfortable with speaking on record. I think with more time (and caffeine) I can hopefully tighten up even further.

I'd eventually like to do voice recordings for extra money so this really helps me to understand what I sound like so I can better understand what I need to do to improve.

Edited by Liamland

Streaming did help. Plus I'll do little videos for Snapchat or Instagram stories.

Might've forgotten to mention, during that second run through DW II, it was when I was in 7th grade. It was one of those weekends when school was out, but it wasn't Christmas yet. As John Mayer would say, one of those kind of mornings that last all afternoon. Just stuck inside the gloom. Just cold enough to not want to go outside. Nothing really going on, so I played DW II and really explored the map. Figured out the most efficient ways to get from point A to point B.

• Like 1

On 10/8/2019 at 1:55 PM, Plattym3 said:

Crud. I haven't tried anything with my other account yet. emoji52.png

So I logged into my CA account on a device with no other Google accts on it, set my VPN to Canada and I was able to Pre-Register!

• Like 1