Plattym3

Quest #188 - DQXI S Notable Quoteables

Topic will be automatically locked at 04:59 AM

We've had this quest more than a couple times, but with A BRAND NEW VERSION OF A GAME OUT, it's time to hear all those wonderful punny new jokes (lying NPCs has pure gold ones)!

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to identify some of the most interesting or funny quotes that come across while playing the newly released Dragon Quest XI S game. Truly, the series has a veritable gold mine of classic lines and witticisms, and I'm sure this version will keep it up.

Each quote that is submitted must provide a bit more info than just the words that are spoken. We also need context. As such, submitted quotes should include:

1) The quote itself (obviously)

2) Who said it

3) To whom it was said (if applicable)

4) Under what circumstances did the quote take place

For example, for the above pictured quote, you could submit something like the following:

Image result for dqxi lightning

"Let's head to the nearest town - when you find yourself in an (sic) strange place, it's always good to talk to the locals and get the lay of the land"

- Spoken by Erik to the MopTopMo hero in camp.

And what would any quest be without some good old fashioned ground rules? So here they are!

Rules:

1) You may submit up to 20 quotes.  Woodus would like a great deal of them for our Quote of the Day here.  

2) You can only submit quotes from the English version DQXI S on Switch

3) Submit your quotes right here.  Please put all of yours in the same post.  I'm not going to track them down.

4) You have until December 31st, 2019 to contribute your submissions (seems like a long time, but this is a loooooong game with a meaty postgame).

We'll have tiers of prizes here:

Bronze medal for 1-5 quotes

Silver medal for 6-15 quotes

Gold medal for 16+ quotes

That's it! Mount your horses and get those hilarious or interesting quotes sent in!

9 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

Spoken by Erik to the MopTopMo hero in camp.

God bless you for using the one true name for the hero, Platty. 🤣

• Like 1

God bless you for using the one true name for the hero, Platty.
Thought you'd enjoy that!

Posted (edited)

Ok, let’s get these quote posts started! I’ll edit in some more.

“Ah, Octogonia! Home of muscular brutes beating the bejesus out of each other!” - Said by Sylvando to the party after entering Octogonia for the first time.

”It seems you are aware of my true form. Yes, it is I - the demon of darkness, the fiery fiend, the one who shall end this miserable realm! Defeat me if you wish to save Erdrea! ...You didn’t believe me, did you?” - Said by a Gallopolis Soldier near the palace to the hero when playing with the “Townspeople Talk Tripe,” Draconian setting.

“Father... I’ve been searching for so long! It’s me - your son! Let us never part again, dearest Papa!” - Said by the Puff-Puff Girl in Gallopolis to the hero when playing with the “Townspeople Talk Tripe,” Draconian setting.

”It’s Topsy-Turvy Day today - the horses are going to ride the humans in all of the races! You’ll come and watch, won’t you? Oh, go on! Don’t be a neigh-sayer!” - Said by various NPCs in Gallopolis to the hero when playing with the “Townspeople Talk Tripe,” Draconian setting.

”You must be the new superclown I’ve heard so much about! I can’t wait to see you ride a unicycle while farting fire and swallowing fifty swords!” - Said by various NPCs in Gallopolis to the hero when playing with the “Townspeople Talk Tripe,” Draconian setting.

”Good news! Your days of adventuring are over! Feel free to put your feet up and leave the whole saving Erdrea thing to me!” - Said by various NPCs around the world to the hero when playing with the “Townspeople Talk Tripe,” Draconian setting.

”Alright, Bigmouth - that’s enough! You don’t need to tell the Jolly Jester our whole life story!” - Said by Veronica to Serena when spending the night at the Northern Gallopolis Camp Site after meeting Sylvando.

”You ATE a medicinal herb? Oh dear. Then it’s only a matter of time until you sprout Cruelcumbers from your belly button!” - Said by various NPCs around the world to the hero when playing with the “Townspeople Talk Tripe,” Draconian setting.

Time waits for no man! But we have a plan! It may require a caravan! Tickety-tick-tock! Why, if it isn’t the Luminary! I was just indulging in a spot of singing - helps lift the spirits, don’t you know?” - Said by a Pastword seeming Tockle to the hero when traveling through Laguna di Gondolia.

”Tell me, do you remember your first ham sandwich? I’ll never forget mine. The moment I took that fabulous first bite, a herd of ham shamwitches trotted on by, right on cue...” - Said by various NPCs around the world to the hero when playing with the “Townspeople Talk Tripe,” Draconian setting.

”I actually used to be a Slime, you know, but I finally got reborn as a human. I’m not a bad human! I promise! Err...slurp?” - Said by various NPCs around the world to the hero when playing with the “Townspeople Talk Tripe,” Draconian setting.

”What luck! You’re the ten-thousandth person to speak to me in my entire life. Here, have one million gold coins as your reward!” - Said by various NPCs around the world to the hero when playing with the “Townspeople Talk Tripe,” Draconian setting.

”Hello there! I’m the reincarnation of a Hades Condor you saved long ago! I’d really like to return the favour somehow...SQUAWK!” - Said by various NPCs around the world to the hero when playing with the “Townspeople Talk Tripe,” Draconian setting.

”Hey baby, it’s slime time! Get on down and bust a rhyme! I’m so sorry. Everyone here’s been struck by a curse - we can’t stop singing in terrible verse!” - Said by various NPCs around the world to the hero when playing with the “Townspeople Talk Tripe,” Draconian setting.

”There’s a secret something in all of Gondolia’s cuisine that tends to disgust visitors when they learn what it is. ...Don’t tell me you’ve eaten some without finding out!?” - Said by various NPCs around Gondolia to the hero when playing with the “Townspeople Talk Tripe,” Draconian setting.

”Did you know the town’s buildings are all white because the walls are made of salt? It helps to keep us cool in summertime. Give them a lick if you don’t believe me!” - Said by various NPCs around Puerto Valor to the hero when playing with the “Townspeople Talk Tripe,” Draconian setting.

”Run for your lives! The Dweller of the Deep has come ashore to claim our souls, just as the prophecy foretold!” Said by various NPCs around Puerto Valor to the hero when playing with the “Townspeople Talk Tripe,” Draconian setting.

“The Dark Lord Masala just appeared in the middle of the kitchen - Erdrea as we know it is doomed!” - Said by Amber to the hero in Cobblestone at the beginning of the game when playing with the “Townspeople Talk Tripe,” Draconian setting.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

Any spoiler rules about posting quotes from the past world content?

• Like 1

Any spoiler rules about posting quotes from the past world content?
Maybe just put it in a spoiler tag?

Maybe just put it in a spoiler tag?
I am not a smart man.
  • Like 1

I am not a smart man.
I get called one a lot. Although typically the word man is replaced with a s s.

I’m not exactly sure why most of what I typed up in my edit is in a slightly different font. Weird.

Townspeople Talk Tripe is a real gold mine for quotes. There’s still a lot I haven’t shared yet.

• Like 1

Spoiler

"But, laddie...this isnae gonnae work. I cannae be swanning round in a veil at my age. There must be someone a wee bit younger ye could pick instead?" - Rab to the Hero when asking him to marry you at Briscoletti's Manor from the Altar of the Heavenly Bride

• Like 1

So I've decided to start over, so I can enable the Townsfolk Talk Tripe Draconian Quest for this quest, [alongside some other Draconian Quests, like Shypox, Super Shypox, and Reduced Experience from Easy Fights (and I've removed the Party Wiped Out if Protagonist Perishes Draconian Quest since I found that quite annoying)].

I don't know if I'll edit this post or do individual posts whenever I encounter any quotes I personally found interesting. I'll edit this post as I encounter more quotes I found interesting. Anything that could be/is spoilers will be marked accordingly. Here we go.

2041278102_DQXISNotableQuoteables1.thumb.jpg.6566d9419427a96785e38b818c154a7a.jpg

This is spoken by Amber when I'm about to leave Cobblestone for Heliodor with the "Townsfolk Talk Tripe" Draconian Quest enabled.

1398681109_DQXISNotableQuoteables2.thumb.jpg.247bf90c8262e10a49f66d4a198d7489.jpg

This is spoken by a random NPC (in this case, a little girl) when I've arrived at downtown Heliodor with the "Townsfolk Talk Tripe" Draconian Quest enabled.

1830154511_DQXISCommentontheLuminarysHair.thumb.jpg.74748aaee89f26114459a1a9419e19f8.jpg

This is spoken by Flint after he returns to human form after defeating the Tricky Devil, who turned Flint into a dog after Flint keeps on rebuilding the bridge he deliberately broke.

1346373953_DQXISNotableQuoteables3.thumb.jpg.da4f77d094095761aca1d3946ae4538e.jpg

This is spoken by the priest you encounter after returning to Cobblestone in ruins after breaking out of the Heliodorian Dungeon and Sewers with Erik and learning from Derk the location of the Red Orb in Heliodor, with the "Townsfolk Talk Tripe" Draconian Quest enabled. (Also sorry for the blurry screenshot.)

243396880_DQXISNotableQuotables4.thumb.jpg.3daeaaa7868cc2d34f034d43c023d046.jpg

This is spoken by a random NPC at the sauna in Hotto with the "Townsfolk Talk Tripe" Draconian Quest enabled.

Edited by Dakhil

52 minutes ago, Dakhil said:

So I've decided to start over, so I can enable the Townsfolk Talk Tripe Draconian Quest for this quest, [alongside some other Draconian Quests, like Shypox, Super Shypox, and Reduced Experience from Easy Fights (and I've removed the Party Wiped Out if Protagonist Perishes Draconian Quest since I found that quite annoying)].

I don't know if I'll edit this post or do individual posts whenever I encounter any quotes I personally found interesting. So here we go.

2041278102_DQXISNotableQuoteables1.thumb.jpg.6566d9419427a96785e38b818c154a7a.jpg

Platty has it in the rules to put all your quotes into one post.

• Like 1

1 post please. Makes it so much easier for Woodus to get the quotes later and me to count.

Minor post games spoilers

Spoiler

"Jööör! Jööör! Jörmun lies and tells you he's a horse! He's not exactly sure why, though..." Said by Jörmun in Cobblestone after recruiting him to the hero when playing with the "Townspeople Talk Tripe", Draconian setting.

• Like 1