Plattym3

Quest #187 - DQXI S Lightspeed

Topic will be automatically locked at 08:59 AM

Posted (edited)

Lightspeed_Champion.png

This quest is here to reward people for beating the game, and doing it quickly.  If you want to become part of an elite squad of Light-Speed Champions, you must quickly reach the ending credit sequence in Dragon Quest XI S, and submit evidence of your feat here at the Den.

Rules:

1) You have until November 16th to complete DQXI's main story (exactly 50 days).
2) Your evidence can be a picture or video of the star by your save game on Switch, with Den user name on a piece of paper next to it, OR with your Den username as the name of the save file.
3) Alternative forms of evidence may be considered, but they must convince me that YOU were the one to achieve this task and it was on SWITCH.  In-game screenshot alone may not suffice, unless you can show the main character's name, and it matches your Dragon's Den username (sticky notes work well).
4) You must submit your evidence in this topic 
5) This quest will remain open until the quest time limit has been reached (November 16th, 2019)

If you are having a hard time figuring out how to provide your evidence, just post a message in here and we can help you out. 

Go now and and beat it, and then get working on post-game stuff, it's impressive!

spacer.pngspacer.pngimage.png

Edited by Plattym3

This uh...wasn't too hard to accomplish in 2D mode.99a9951aa679e64d400404399be4bd77.jpg

Damn! The game’s only been out for a week and you already beat it?! Did you hide out in a cave and put a “Do Not Disturb,” sign up?

Congrats, but damn. 😳

This uh...wasn't too hard to accomplish in 2D mode.99a9951aa679e64d400404399be4bd77.jpg
Holy crap. 8+ hours/day?

Holy crap. 8+ hours/day?
To be fair, theres like 6 hours from the demo tacked on there. I actually went back to the start in 2D however.

Yeah, trimming down the cutscene time and removing voice acting makes this game FLY by. I guess it helps that I know what to do.

And I might have sneaked some playtime at my desk at work
  • Like 1

To be fair, theres like 6 hours from the demo tacked on there. I actually went back to the start in 2D however.

Yeah, trimming down the cutscene time and removing voice acting makes this game FLY by. I guess it helps that I know what to do.

And I might have sneaked some playtime at my desk at work
True, I forget the demo time!

I might have done 3.5 hours of Ni no Kuni at work last Friday myself.

True, I forget the demo time!

I might have done 3.5 hours of Ni no Kuni at work last Friday myself.
However your math made me realize just how much I've been playing this game the past week. I might have a problem.
  • Like 1

However your math made me realize just how much I've been playing this game the past week. I might have a problem.
We all have our obsessions. 157d92452b15b28400bba35289909518.jpg30ac27ef472dd168ac7ad5f5a17bf597.jpge5583965d939dae0a3d56b0eb329a3f1.jpg66ff8a27fa3eb98b72ee6708b0ad788f.jpg
  • Like 1

We all have our obsessions. 157d92452b15b28400bba35289909518.jpg30ac27ef472dd168ac7ad5f5a17bf597.jpge5583965d939dae0a3d56b0eb329a3f1.jpg66ff8a27fa3eb98b72ee6708b0ad788f.jpg
Those are impressive. Have you thought of turning them into magnets or Christmas ornaments? Would love to hang Maribel from a tree.

Those are impressive. Have you thoyght of turning them into magnets or Christmas ornaments? Would love to hang Maribel from a tree.
I run many summer camps and one this summer was a Makerspace where kids could basically build anything from the myriad of supplies I had. I had perler beads and for half the kids it devolved into perler all week. I was hot gluing magnets to many and the other half were turned into keychains.

Not sure yet, but I think@Woodus does a perler bead tree. We might to with some smaller slimes or so.

Right now my kids love just playing with them like action figures.

On 10/5/2019 at 4:35 PM, AustNerevar said:

The thing keeping me from 2D is the lack of full 3d cutscenes but I've also seen stuff where it shifts to 3D like the horse race. Are major parts in 2D or do you still get 3D cutscenes. In particular...

The world tree part and the true ending with the dragon

I may end up playing in 2D after swearing it off if the pace picks up quite a bit. For instance someone I follow on Twitter got to Erik in a third of the time in 2D that it takes to get to him in 3D. Playing in 2D may help my "don't replay games you love" problem.

The thing keeping me from 2D is the lack of full 3d cutscenes but I've also seen stuff where it shifts to 3D like the horse race. Are major parts in 2D or do you still get 3D cutscenes. In particular...

The world tree part and the true ending with the dragon

I may end up playing in 2D after swearing it off if the pace picks up quite a bit. For instance someone I follow on Twitter got to Erik in a third of the time in 2D that it takes to get to him in 3D. Playing in 2D may help my "don't replay games you love" problem.

The cutscenes are in 2D. Only things that aren't are the horse racing and the full motion video segments.

I kinda figured that 2D mode was substantially faster. Grats!

On 10/5/2019 at 3:53 PM, Plattym3 said:

but I think@Woodus does a perler bead tree.

Yeah our basement Christmas tree has a bunch of perler bead characters on it.

• Like 1

ZtAAm4I.jpg?1

Let me know if you want any further proof.

• Like 1