Plattym3

Quest #186 - Purchase DQ1-3 on Switch

Hey there Legendary Heroes of .... well, wherever you're from!
Dragon Quest 1-3 are now available for digital download for Nintendo Switch!!  Soon they'll be out physically in SE Asia too.

image.png

This is going to be a Quest where you can obtain a single badge, but based on how many games you purchase, you can get different tiers: Bronze, Silver, & Gold.  Although it's likely self explanatory: purchase any 1 game to earn the bronze badge, purchase 2 for silver status, and purchase 3 for a 0.00 karat gold-plated shiny badge!

What you need as proof:
1. A picture of the game(s) downloaded on your Switch. Your username must be written on something, not digitally added after the picture.
2. A picture of the physical box for those who import the SE Asian version. 

Clear? I hope so. Just post them here to earn your badge and we'll let you know if it's not enough proof! 

We'll run this quest through December 31st, 2019 because Squeenix doesn't care for sales next quarter and neither do we! :wink:

I think Playasia is going to start shipping by October 24th, so mine should be here sometime in November!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Tiael said:

I think Playasia is going to start shipping by October 24th, so mine should be here sometime in November!

How much was it from PlayAsia with shipping. I bought them on Nintendo eShop, but I just don't trust digital downloads over time and may pickup the physical copy as well.

Cheapest shipping was $7.90 for me, so it brought it to nearly $48.

I have paid worse.

1 hour ago, Tiael said:

Ah, good to know (and the price, thanks!)

Any idea of there’s the option to order it on Amazon yet @Tiael? After the troubles I had with the Square Enix store last year when trying to order the Collectors Edition of DQ11, I’m pretty cautious about trying to use another shopping website outside of Amazon.

I haven't seen it on Amazon or heard anything about the Asian release being there.

I've had good luck with Playasia though. I imported FFIII PSP, WoFF Maxima Switch, FFX/X-2 HD Switch and Oninaki Switch from them prior for physical copies.

It takes a while to get to me with the cheapest shipping, but I've no complaints.

• Like 1

So much DQ, so little time! I hope this works for all three games.20191001_230923.thumb.jpg.4671dcc62f3aa7b0344885995bcb38dd.jpg

6 hours ago, Tiael said:

I haven't seen it on Amazon or heard anything about the Asian release being there.

I've had good luck with Playasia though. I imported FFIII PSP, WoFF Maxima Switch, FFX/X-2 HD Switch and Oninaki Switch from them prior for physical copies.

It takes a while to get to me with the cheapest shipping, but I've no complaints.

I second this. They can be a bit on the higher side with their pricing, but I never had an issue with any import. Never received a poorly packaged item from them in the past.

Posted (edited)

Here:

spacer.png

We:

spacer.png

Go:

spacer.png

Guv:

spacer.png

I ended up buying the three games after work on Sunday because I was sucked into the DQ hype thanks to Dragon Quest XI S. I MAY get the physical release like Woodus, but I want to support the series in whatever way I can.

Really, while these are just upscaled ports of the mobile versions, I’m at least happy to have a way to play them with actual controllers. I didn’t mind playing 1-3 on my phone, but my thumbs get more irritated using a touch screen to play a game versus using buttons and a controller.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit
  • Like 1

Here ya go650c20ce378b72e2e4ab2ab6eec0ac83.jpg

I ordered the Asia physical release, so I'm on the wait list.86f3ad66b5de0d95d869abab760914fb.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I hope they port the mobile versions of the Zenithia trilogy to Switch next.

DQIV with the party chat and the other two with the various updates over the DS remakes, yes please.

I hope they port the mobile versions of the Zenithia trilogy to Switch next.
DQIV with the party chat and the other two with the various updates over the DS remakes, yes please.
Those I'd purchase to support, but man I think after DQIX 2D, I'm (and I can't believe I'm saying this) DQ'd out for a good long while. In the past 16 months I've played:

Terry's Wonderland - 50+ hours
Joker 3 - 50+ hours
DQIX - 100+ hours
DQB1 - 40+ hours
DQB2 - 60+ hours
Slime Mori Mori 3 - ~25 hours

And DQXI S will be another 100.

I need a break for a bit.

You know, unless the DQM2 translation team releases a miracle.

I bought them lunch day, just slow getting my picture uploaded

3495fad9b4891ab11d7aebda2e3714d9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

36 minutes ago, Woodus said:

3495fad9b4891ab11d7aebda2e3714d9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I find if you have trouble uploading pictures to the Den, using an imgur account helps. I set all my pictures/folders to private so no one can find them on there.

Could be helpful if you have long loading times here on the Den.

2 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

I find if you have trouble uploading pictures to the Den, using an imgur account helps. I set all my pictures/folders to private so no one can find them on there.

My life has been made 1000% easier since I stopped using Photobucket and just post my pictures on Imgur.

Tapatalk makes it super easy. Literally click attach and it does. Woodus does that. It's why I usually post so many pics. 1 button easy.

10 hours ago, Woodus said:

Sorry, I meant as actually taking the image and uploading it :)  And I just use Tapatalk like Platty said. I'm surprised no one gave me grief over buying the games on lunch day rather than launch day ;)

• Like 1

Here is mine with 11 too. Kill two rot ravens with one skull. 73c7299ea4a29f4a4ae5cc49cd2e061a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Sorry, I meant as actually taking the image and uploading it   And I just use Tapatalk like Platty said. I'm surprised no one gave me grief over buying the games on lunch day rather than launch day
Every day is lunch day!

Here's my fuzzy picture of my eShop order history. If that's not good enough, I'll get a shot of my switch with the game once I manage to get it connected to the crappy hotel WiFi so it can download them all.5aeea96c96396eb51b648ab38105b7aa.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

And here's my switch with dqix.66e6141dd49df92f1327824292f64e3b.jpg

..I didn't mean to post dqxi in this thread

• Like 1