Sign in to follow this  
Den Master

@DQ Twitter: We're excited to announce that #DragonQuest of the Stars will begin its English language closed beta test in select regions! Android users can register here: https://www.dragonquest.com/ofthestars  Check out our Facebook page for more deta

We're excited to announce that #DragonQuest of the Stars will begin its English language closed beta test in select regions!✨ Android users can register here: https://www.dragonquest.com/ofthestars  Check out our Facebook page for more details! https://www.facebook.com/DQS.SQEX/  pic.twitter.com/tuMrLr6yWL

EFgnfSTUUAIsTei.jpg

View the full article

Welp, didn’t see this one coming.

Welp, didn’t see this one coming.
4+ years later.

Worldwide sales must have been going great with Builders 2 and XI.

Preorders for XIS too.

The fact that it's got English screenshots and a beta is ready and release confirmed, it's been in the works a bit.

3 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

4+ years later.

Worldwide sales must have been going great with Builders 2 and XI.

Preorders for XIS too.

The fact that it's got English screenshots and a beta is ready and release confirmed, it's been in the works a bit.

I get the impression this was all timed. Hero in Smash, the original trilogy on Switch, XI on Switch, Builders 2, and now this. All in, what, two months? They wanted to keep momentum going with a bunch of stuff all at once. 

Hooray. More DQ goodness.

How does one actually register? Everytime I hit Register Now it just takes me to the Play Store and I don't see an option to sign up there.

Nvm forgot what month it is.

How does one actually register? Everytime I hit Register Now it just takes me to the Play Store and I don't see an option to sign up there.

Nvm forgot what month it is.

You're in the US? Clicked on my phone and got this. Guess the Beta isn't in the US.
5ac1f7e38f6c4afb877e36b3d71b7783.jpg

You're in the US? Clicked on my phone and got this. Guess the Beta isn't in the US.
5ac1f7e38f6c4afb877e36b3d71b7783.jpg
US.

People in Europe and Mexico are reporting the same message. I think it's a bug. Maybe wait till the end of the day and see if we can register then?
  • Like 1

US.

People in Europe and Mexico are reporting the same message. I think it's a bug. Maybe wait till the end of the day and see if we can register then?
True. It may not fully have gone through play store yet. Someone clicked Twitter too soon?

The article says “closed beta in select regions.” Evidently your regions aren’t the select.

The article says “closed beta in select regions.” Evidently your regions aren’t the select.
I mean Europe and US are pretty much it when discussing English DQ. The DQ Twitter wouldn't even be announcing this if those regions weren't a part of the beta. This seems more like a mistake to me.

2 hours ago, AustNerevar said:
2 hours ago, eal said:

I mean Europe and US are pretty much it when discussing English DQ. The DQ Twitter wouldn't even be announcing this if those regions weren't a part of the beta. This seems more like a mistake to me.

I mean, I agree, but do remember us iOS users had to get a Singapore iTunes account to download the English version of Super Lite.

I mean, I agree, but do remember us iOS users had to get a Singapore iTunes account to download the English version of Super Lite.
That's because that was published for Southeast Asia and not the west. This release is for the west.

4 minutes ago, AustNerevar said:
5 minutes ago, eal said:

That's because that was published for Southeast Asia and not the west. This release is for the west.

I know, I’m just pointing out that there is a precedent for the conversation to be about Southeast Asia when it comes to English translation. I mean, people here had pre-orders for the Asian physical of DQ 1-3 on Play-Asia until it was announced here. If you wanted a physical copy of Builders for Vita, you had to get the Asian English version.

I know, I’m just pointing out that there is a precedent for the conversation to be about Southeast Asia when it comes to English translation. I mean, people here had pre-orders for the Asian physical of DQ 1-3 on Play-Asia until it was announced here. If you wanted a physical copy of Builders for Vita, you had to get the Asian English version.
If this were targeted only at that market then the western DQ Twitter acct wouldn't be tweeting about it though.

3 minutes ago, AustNerevar said:
7 minutes ago, eal said:

If this were targeted only at that market then the western DQ Twitter acct wouldn't be tweeting about it though.

I said I agree. I’m just saying that there’s an English market for Dragon Quest in Asia.

Edited by eal