Plattym3

Tockle/Pastword locations

The Chateau Felix one. Can that quest be started initially? The guy keeps telling me his master isn't home or something like that.

The Chateau Felix one. Can that quest be started initially? The guy keeps telling me his master isn't home or something like that.
I was able to do it after I cleared Act 2. I'm unsure where the trigger is exactly, but I would guess that you have to wait until then.
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Woodus said:

I have the pastword images updated thru Sniflheim

https://www.woodus.com/den/games/dq11s/pastwords.php

If anyone has the 3D shots I will take those as well.

I can start taking shots for them. But I really don't have any recording devices for it. So I can start posting them up in the future. But I would assume you would want higher quality then the Switch's capture.

7 hours ago, Twinkie said:

I can start taking shots for them. But I really don't have any recording devices for it. So I can start posting them up in the future. But I would assume you would want higher quality then the Switch's capture.

That should be good for the pastword locations (I was trying to get higher quality when doing the monster photos and such). :)  Thank you.

• Like 1

I believe that is all of them. If anyone notices any more mistakes please lwt me know.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AustNerevar said:

I believe that is all of them. If anyone notices any more mistakes please lwt me know.

Updated the list with the remainder of your 2D locations, thank you.

• Like 1

Since you've done all of them, question for you. I don't care, but maybe spoiler tag it for others.

Do you see characters from 7, 8, and 9 in their worlds? Wondering if I'm going to get a sprite Gabo or Yangus or Stella.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

Since you've done all of them, question for you. I don't care, but maybe spoiler tag it for others.

Do you see characters from 7, 8, and 9 in their worlds? Wondering if I'm going to get a sprite Gabo or Yangus or Stella.

If I don't see Erdrick I'll be mildly upset.

Edit: Of course I won't see him. Yuji Horii said the heroes can't interact with each other.

Edited by DrippySlimeStar

Edit: Of course I won't see him. Yuji Horii said the heroes can't interact with each other.
Buy DQ3

10 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:
11 minutes ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

Buy DQ3

You mean my favorite in the series? Once my Japanese GBC copy gets delivered from Japan I'll have a copy of it on every system it's available on...other than the Wii collection.

• Like 1

Yes you do. Though you never get to see the Hero. And it's only like one or two characters, not the whole party. Want to know the specifics?

. Want to know the specifics?

Sure!

Sure!

In DQ7s world you meet Kiefer at the Roamer encampment. In 8 you run into Jessica and her mom and get some funny interactive dialogue with her. And in 9 you meet Aquila, Pavo, Erinn, and Patty. It was honestly pretty great getting to see some of these characters. But obviously, I enjoyed DQ5s past world the most.

• Like 1

Sadly, I started recording the Pastwords part way through my current run. So I don't have the complete list yet.

What I am missing for 3D:

• Gallopolis Region
  • Laguna Di Gondolia
  • Zwaardust Region
  • Dundrasil Region
  • Lonalulu
  • The Royal Library
  • Sniflheim Castle
  • Arboria

The only difference I have found in 3D then the Dundrasil was Gondolia. Where the Tockle is located just behind the locked door. And not in a well. I don't remember the ones I have missed recording in 3D so those will still need to be cross referenced. There is still the Dundrasil difference I mentioned earlier as well.

I didn't bother including the Location/Map since the location and minimap are on display on the images. I will record detailed map locations if needed on my next 3D playthrough. Anyways, here is an album of several 3D locations. I wasn't sure how to submit them so I just put them in an imgur album. https://imgur.com/a/cJ184I6

Edited by Twinkie

19 hours ago, Twinkie said:

Sadly, I started recording the Pastwords part way through my current run. So I don't have the complete list yet.

No worries, thank you for those, and I don't know if the larger map view is needed or not for these like you said. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Twinkie said:

Captures for the remaining 3D locations.

https://imgur.com/a/UPbWlIP

Perfect, thank you. I have them updated. I just need to pull my images for the 2D ones

• Like 2