Dragon Quest XI S Progress

14 hours ago, Dakhil said:

I've managed to beat the Champion's Time on Bronze, Silver, and Gold Cups, but on Easy. Now, I have Platinum and Black Cups to go. Oh boy.

Here's some footage of me beating the Champion's Time during the Gold Cup on Easy (especially if you want to get the accolade associated with beating the Champion's Time during the Gold Cup).

My goodness. Bravo!

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, it was 2D Mode. It invokes the era of no voices in RPGs. Back in our day we didn’t have no fancy voice actin’! We made up voices in our head and we liked it that way, carnsarnit! Ahem...sor

I just saw this cutscene in game, and once Erik hands over the orb the game says “Hero receives the Red Orb!” So by all accounts, the hero technically didn’t possess it until Erik willingly gave it to

I'm so much of a sucker that I've actually managed to beat the Champion's Time for the Dark Cup on Easy today! I know I've only beat the Champion's Time by 1 second, but I don't care. F**k horse race

Posted Images

Just managed to beat the Champion's Time on the Platinum Cup on Easy. Now I just have the Black Cup to conquer.

• Like 1
On 6/29/2020 at 2:56 PM, Dakhil said:

Just managed to beat the Champion's Time on the Platinum Cup on Easy. Now I just have the Black Cup to conquer.

How many hours do you think you're putting into these races?

Just Curious :)

4 minutes ago, cprmauldin said:

How many hours do you think you're putting into these races?

Just Curious :)

I think it took me a couple of days to get Champion's Time for the Gold Cup on Easy. And I think a couple of hours to get Champion's Time for the Platinum Cup on Easy.

• Like 1

Trying to get the Champion's Time for the Black Cup (on Easy) feels downright impossible. But because I'm a sucker, I'm not going to give up quite yet. :P

Anyway, this managed to happen to me. I don't know about you, but can the Luminary make up his mind already?

• Like 3
  • 3 months later...

I'm so much of a sucker that I've actually managed to beat the Champion's Time for the Dark Cup on Easy today! I know I've only beat the Champion's Time by 1 second, but I don't care. F**k horse race accolades and horse races.

• Like 3

My mom's first foray into the world of Erdrea will come December 4th. I'm excited to soon be able to actually talk about the game with her.

• Like 1
My mom's first foray into the world of Erdrea will come December 4th. I'm excited to soon be able to actually talk about the game with her.
That's cool!
On 10/25/2020 at 5:12 PM, Erdrick The Hero said:

Invite her to the Den!

On 11/5/2020 at 12:26 PM, cprmauldin said:

Invite her to the Den!

She doesn't really do forums.

My previous comment makes it sound kind of like she's new to the series. She's not. In fact, she's the one who introduced me to Dragon Warrior on the NES. The only DQ games she hasn't played are X and XI. X for obvious reasons, XI for the fact that she doesn't have a PS4 or Switch, and until recently, lacked a computer powerful enough.

• Like 1

My previous comment makes it sound kind of like she's new to the series. She's not. In fact, she's the one who introduced me to Dragon Warrior on the NES. The only DQ games she hasn't played are X and XI. X for obvious reasons, XI for the fact that she doesn't have a PS4 or Switch, and until recently, lacked a computer powerful enough.

Her & 99% of others don't do forums.

Maybe some translated X could come out at some time & give her the chance. Oh, the unreachable dream!
17 hours ago, Erdrick The Hero said:

Man your mom sounds so rad!

Aaaaand her computer broke.

I can't fix it, and we can't afford to replace it.

Now I'm out $40 and Mom can't play the game.

Well, I was able to cobble something together that will run DQXI(S) but it doesn't actually meet the minimum requirements, so it stutters a lot.

So, I can't name my hero Erdrick or Erik and my mom can't name her hero Albatross??? Why is Albatross blocked!?!?!? Mom's been playing as Albatross in every RPG since DW7.

Reminds me of DW3: Mom likes to name her characters after birds. She tried to create a party member named Sparrow in DW3 but the game kept saying that person already existed even though they didn't. So there's a save on my DW3 cart with a mage named "Sparrow!".

• Like 1

I can at least understand why Erdrick and Erik are blocked, but with Albatross it just seems pointless.

• Like 1

I literally had no idea they blocked names at all. How silly. 

I feel bad for your mom! She keeps hitting hiccups in getting a good experience with DQ XI

• 3 weeks later...

I've surprisingly managed to beat the Champion's Times from the Bronze Cup to the Platinum Cup on Difficult in a matter of around a couple of days. But beating the Champion's Time for Dark Cup on Difficult took me around a month. But I've managed to beat the Champion's Time for Dark Cup on Difficult today! But it goes without saying: f**k horse races and f**k Champion's Times!

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Dakhil said:

I've surprisingly managed to beat the Champion's Times from the Bronze Cup to the Platinum Cup on Difficult in a matter of around a couple of days. But beating the Champion's Time for Dark Cup on Difficult took me around a month. But I've managed to beat the Champion's Time for Dark Cup on Difficult today! But it goes without saying: f**k horse races and f**k Champion's Times!

Okay so, all-in-all, how much time would you estimate you put into horse-racing in DQ XI?