Sign in to follow this  
Dakhil

Dragon Quest XI S Progress

16 hours ago, Glaceon Mage said:

For the most part yeah.  Just didn't have anything DQ related to talk about since I couldn't actually play XI for quite a long while.

Might restart those character discussion threads for XI too now that I've played it I guess.

Welcome back!  I won't fuss over spoilers for this game, I know some smaller spoilery details already about each character anyway.

1 hour ago, The Dog of Zahan said:

Welcome back!  I won't fuss over spoilers for this game, I know some smaller spoilery details already about each character anyway.

The only thing I accidentally got spoiled on was

Spoiler

recruiting Hendrick (from looking up metal slime farming things).  Even then, I had no clue what the context for his recruitment was.  

19 hours ago, Glaceon Mage said:

The only thing I accidentally got spoiled on was

Hide contents

recruiting Hendrick (from looking up metal slime farming things).  Even then, I had no clue what the context for his recruitment was.  

Yeah but that factor was a nice little surprise. 

1 hour ago, cprmauldin said:

It was the best surprise in the game. Reminded me of Chrono Trigger at a certain point of the game.

I just finished up the second thing that goes on at Octagonia. Then I took a break to gamble, do some tickington quests, and craft for a bit. Closing in on 60 hours. 

6 hours ago, cprmauldin said:

What do you mean by factor?  The fact he's recruited at all or the context?

17 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

What do you mean by factor?  The fact he's recruited at all or the context?

All of it, I guess. I'm just saying I'm glad it wasn't "Spoiled," for me because it was pleasant and I didn't expect it. 

3 minutes ago, cprmauldin said:

All of it, I guess. I'm just saying I'm glad it wasn't "Spoiled," for me because it was pleasant and I didn't expect it. 

Amen, brother. That was one of my favorite surprises from the game.

10 minutes ago, cprmauldin said:

Ah, I see.  Curse my underleveledness and difficulty finding metal slimes since they don't appear in the overworld anymore accidentally causing me to be half-spoiled, I guess.

I'm glad I didn't get full spoiled on that part of the game though.

Ah, I see.  Curse my underleveledness and difficulty finding metal slimes since they don't appear in the overworld anymore accidentally causing me to be half-spoiled, I guess.
I'm glad I didn't get full spoiled on that part of the game though.
Spoiled it for myself when I looked up alternate outfits for Erik. Not that I care about spoilers; it was surprising I lasted so long.

7 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

It was the best surprise in the game. Reminded me of Chrono Trigger at a certain point of the game.

I've never really played Chrono Trigger, but I'm guessing you're referring to a certain character that somewhat resembles a certain DQVIII villain in both appearance and name...?

Posted (edited)
Spoiler

Beat Calasmos (took maybe 6 turns or so), went to fight the past final boss expies in Tickington and hit a roadblock with Orgodemir+Rhapthorne expies followed by Corvus+Nelgel expies.  I managed to defeat the Orgodemir+Rhapthorne expies the first time I tried before getting killed by the Corvus expy flexing too much.  Haven't even managed to beat the Orgodemir+Rhapthorne expies in any run since.

My whole team is level 99, I have Elfin charms for everyone, I have the Supreme Sword of Light, but I still somehow get charmed to death constantly.  Do Elfin charms not work on charming?  Do I need to equip everyone with two Elfin Charms?  Pretty much anyone getting charmed ends up a total run ender, for varied reasons.   Usual setup is with Hero (backup damage/status clearing)/Erik (primary damage provider via 2 +3 Falcon Blades and Divide)/Rab (backup healer/primary buffer with War Drum and Benevolence)/Serena (primary healer).

Am I just doing something totally wrong?  Am I just being completely RNG cursed?  Is there some trick here I missed?

Edit update:

Spoiler

Welp, beat them my next try after posting that.  And found End of Time surprisingly easy in comparison (maybe because there was only one of it).

Not gonna bother with Timewyrm for now, just gonna finish up quests I haven't done yet.  Don't wanna deal with all that buffing he was doing.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

According to DQXI, the canon hero in DQ4 is Solo, not Sofia. It could be inferred, but until you finish the last DQ4 quest in XI, I don't think that's ever been stated before.

Edited by Erdrick The Hero

DQX only has 2 locations!?!?!? I feel betrayed. I wanted more X localizations.

Who's the Daddy?

Does the happily married accolade have a different name on the switch version? There are a lot of small differences between this version and the PS4 version and I’m getting pretty annoyed there isn’t a comprehensive guide detailing them. 

Cobblestone Constructed!

Golden Narwhal!

Apparently I've got all the Zoom locations now. Kind of disappointing to be honest, but considering I'm in the postgame surely I'd eventually run out of new places to visit.

Why on Earth does refusing Gwaelin's quest not result in "But thou must!"?

• Like 1

So I'm almost done with Act II. Whilst I surprisingly defeated 

Jasper Unbound

in one try, I have yet to defeat Mordegon, Lord of Shadows, since he is straight up kicking my ass. Keep in mind I'm playing with the Reduced Experience from Easy Fights, All Enemies are Super Strong, Shypox, Super Shypox, and Townsfolk Talk Tripe Draconian Quests turned on.

Edited by Dakhil
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Erdrick The Hero said:

Golden Narwhal!

Same here. 

I've got some Side-quests and exploring to do though, so it'll be a bit before I wrap back around to the main quest. 

So I've managed to beat Mordegon, Lord of Shadows a few times. But my entire party died when Mordragon's life is about halfway depleted. Mordragon & Mordragon's Tail sure loves to spam Disruptive Wave and desperate attacks. It's annoying that if I die fighting Mordragon & Mordragon's Tail, I have to start again from the very beginning with Mordegon, Lord of Shadows. At least everyone's HP and MP are restored when I fight Mordragon & Mordragon's Tail. Keep in mind I'm playing with the Reduced Experience from Easy Fights, All Enemies are Super Strong, Shypox, Super Shypox, and Townsfolk Talk Tripe Draconian Quests turned on.

Edited by Dakhil

3 hours ago, Dakhil said:

So I've managed to beat Mordegon, Lord of Shadows a few times. But my entire party died when Mordegon's life is about halfway depleted. Mordegon & Mordegon's Tail sure loves to spam Disruptive Wave and desperate attacks. It's annoying that if I die fighting Mordegon & Mordegon's Tail, I have to start again from the very beginning with Mordegon, The Lord of Shadows. At least everyone's HP and MP are restored when I fight Mordegon & Mordegon's Tail. Keep in mind I'm playing with the Reduced Experience from Easy Fights, All Enemies are Super Strong, Shypox, Super Shypox, and Townsfolk Talk Tripe Draconian Quests turned on.

*Mordragon

*Mordragon's Tail

3 minutes ago, Erdrick The Hero said:

*Mordragon

*Mordragon's Tail

Thank you. :P

Also f*** Mighty Magic Burst.