Jump to content
Dakhil

Dragon Quest XI S Progress

Recommended Posts

I thought it would be appropriate to start a new progress thread for Dragon Quest XI S, considering that Dragon Quest XI S has considerably more content compared to Dragon Quest XI on PlayStation 4 and Steam.

The digital copy of Dragon Quest XI S should now be available to purchase (or retrieve if you have already pre-purchased Dragon Quest XI S from the Nintendo eShop). However, I've purchased a physical copy, which I have to wait until tomorrow afternoon or tomorrow evening to get my hands on.

I haven't made any progress since I've finished the Dragon Quest XI S demo a while back. But I may do some grinding in the Dragon Quest XI S demo before getting my hands on the physical copy.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was going to do this topic tomorrow morning. 😢

Dakhil, have you ever wondered what happens when a metal slime loses all of its EXP? Cause boy, you about tah find out! 

 

Joking aside, I’m looking forward to starting the Switch version tomorrow. Made some good progress in the demo in preparation for the full game, so the party should be good to go once I can get into the Gallopolis region.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully will get it tomorrow on my birthday, can't wait to see what's new in it, I haven't touched the demo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm just living the small town life. Got a chick named Gemma lined up to be my wife one day. Nothing really special about me, life is good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

I was going to do this topic tomorrow morning. 😢

Dakhil, have you ever wondered what happens when a metal slime loses all of its EXP? Cause boy, you about tah find out! 

 

Joking aside, I’m looking forward to starting the Switch version tomorrow. Made some good progress in the demo in preparation for the full game, so the party should be good to go once I can get into the Gallopolis region.

No I'm excited to see this battle, commence! Haha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I'm just living the small town life. Got a chick named Gemma lined up to be my wife one day. Nothing really special about me, life is good.
But whattabout Jade!?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
But whattabout Jade!?
Who's Jade? I mean, I'm just an unspecial small town boy. I've never met anyone from yonder fields. I'll probably grow up have kids and die here.

(I haven't started the game yet, I was trying to hint at that. Haha, my progress is -12 hours!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

Who's Jade? I mean, I'm just an unspecial small town boy. I've never met anyone from yonder fields. I'll probably grow up have kids and die here.

(I haven't started the game yet, I was trying to hint at that. Haha, my progress is -12 hours!)

Well that’s not right. Last time I checked I was on the run from Heliodor and just saved Serena from the Cryptic Crypt.

(Should’ve been playing the demo. 😜)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My only progress is finishing the demo. Luminary is on level 15, so I think I'm doing well.

My physical copy should be in my mailbox from Amazon Prime today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




(Should’ve been playing the demo. )


Nope. No 2D, no play-D.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hows the game, I can't buy it yet because I'm looking for work currently.
Well I'm still waiting for Gamestop to open so I'm right there with you. Went ahead and bought DQ 3 though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:


Nope. No 2D, no play-D.

 

spacer.png

I mean, you were at least using that time to be playing and finishing Grandia HD, right? 😜

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

Nope. No 2D, no play-D.

Ditto here, kids have stuff going on tonight and all day tomorrow so I probably won't get to play until Sunday.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
giphy.gif
I mean, you were at least using that time to be playing and finishing Grandia HD, right?
I mean I know it's funny to say, but Ni no Kuni isn't too hard to spell. I mean it doesn't even start with a G.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Plattym3 said:
13 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:
giphy.gif
I mean, you were at least using that time to be playing and finishing Grandia HD, right? emoji12.png

I mean I know it's funny to say, but Ni no Kuni isn't too hard to spell. I mean it doesn't even start with a G.

If you rearrange some letters and squint really hard it does. 😜

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Boom! Finally time to start playing the full game!spacer.png

 

Edit: Good news for those who have played the demo! As soon as you boot up the full game it will immediately give you the option to load from your demo save file and continue. No need to worry about the game not detecting your demo data.

Also, if you go to System Settings you can scroll down to the Claim Special Rewards option to get the free Adventurer’s Pack DLC that’s up on the eshop. Time to have Erik wear that cool new outfit of his!

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Boom! Finally time to start playing the full game!spacer.png

That's the wrong console silly! Sega may do what Ninten-don't but only Ninten-does Dragon Quest!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Boom! Finally time to start playing the full game!spacer.png

 

Edit: Good news for those who have played the demo! As soon as you boot up the full game it will immediately give you the option to load from your demo save file and continue. No need to worry about the game not detecting your demo data.

Also, if you go to System Settings you can scroll down to the Claim Special Rewards option to get the free Adventurer’s Pack DLC that’s up on the eshop. Time to have Erik wear that cool new outfit of his!

That's reassuring.

Are you referring to the pirate costume for Erik or is that something else? I've seen a lot of images of Erik floating around with an eyepatch.

As for that Sega Mini...I must be out of touch because I bought a mini Genesis with built in games several years ago. Is this is an upgraded version or something?

27 minutes ago, SlimeVagrant said:

That's the wrong console silly! Sega may do what Ninten-don't but only Ninten-does Dragon Quest!

A Genesis Dragon Quest game with blast processing and that rockin' Genesis riff for battle music sounds enticing, though. :jackoslime:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ErdrickRotoLotoOrtega said:

Are you referring to the pirate costume for Erik or is that something else? I've seen a lot of images of Erik floating around with an eyepatch.

 

I don't know anything about this new costume dlc pack (I tend to keep myself in the dark about games I know for sure I'm buying anyway) But I'm 99% sure Erik's Pirate outfit is in the vanilla game. I remember using it and upgrading it on the PC version and the only dlc I remember having is the DQ8 hero outfit and some bonus accessories.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its a different costume. Taken from some manga related to DQ11

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, AustNerevar said:

Its a different costume. Taken from some manga related to DQ11

Sounds great! I'll keep myself spoiler-free on that one then. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, ErdrickRotoLotoOrtega said:

As for that Sega Mini...I must be out of touch because I bought a mini Genesis with built in games several years ago. Is this is an upgraded version or something?

It’s an official one made by Sega themselves instead of the third party companies they have gone with in the past.  It’s pretty much the most authentic Genesis experience you can get outside of the actual hardware, as the third party ones...well, are pretty #$*! in a few ways. You must be out of touch since news of the Genesis Mini has been circulating for months.

 

Also, there’s nothing to spoil with Erik’s manga costume. We haven’t gotten the manga as of now, and the only thing the game tells you is that it’s from an adventure of his from a long time ago.

34 minutes ago, SlimeVagrant said:

 

I don't know anything about this new costume dlc pack (I tend to keep myself in the dark about games I know for sure I'm buying anyway) But I'm 99% sure Erik's Pirate outfit is in the vanilla game. I remember using it and upgrading it on the PC version and the only dlc I remember having is the DQ8 hero outfit and some bonus accessories.

The DQ8 hero costume is included by default in the PS4/Steam versions. They added it in specifically for the west due to how popular DQ8 is over here. That’s actually why 8’s hero was chosen to be one of the Hero reps in Smash Ultimate, actually.

And yep, the Pirate outfit for Erik is in the original game. The new costume via the DLC is based on something else.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

It’s an official one made by Sega themselves instead of the third party companies they have gone with in the past.  It’s pretty much the most authentic Genesis experience you can get outside of the actual hardware, as the third party ones...well, are pretty #$*! in a few ways. You must be out of touch since news of the Genesis Mini has been circulating for months.

I'll have to look into that...

This isn't difficult to find like the NES and SNES minis were, is it? I was practically pulling teeth finding those.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been keeping an eye on my mailbox all morning hoping the mail comes early. Still waiting on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...