Sign in to follow this  
rmcin329

slime mori mori 3

So as people may or may not know from my posts in the other topic, i have a copy of the game on its way(arrives 24th-27th). I made this topic to have a fresh one for the game. Is there any guides/info on the game out there somewhere? I've only tried googling around a little so far. Specifically i'm looking for info on things like ammo, crew members, optional quests, and whatever else i can find for that matter.

Edited by rmcin329
  • Like 1

You're in luck! The next Dragon Quest Slime Time podcast that @Plattym3 and I are working on recording this week features an interview with the fan translation team for Slime Mori Mori 3!

I might take a look at it, provided it doesn't contain any story related spoilers for the game. I mean i know i asked about other stuff, but i'd rather find out the story on my own. Just post a link for it here whenever its ready. I will be patching the game to English when it arrives.

Edited by rmcin329

So as people may or may not know from my posts in the other topic, i have a copy of the game on its way(arrives 24th-27th). I made this topic to have a fresh one for the game. Is there any guides/info on the game out there somewhere? I've only tried googling around a little so far. Specifically i'm looking for info on things like ammo, crew members, optional quests, and whatever else i can find for that matter.
I did make a post around here with basically my impressions and kinda a Walkthrough.

For help, I mainly went straight to the source https://gbatemp.net/threads/translation-release-dragon-quest-heroes-rocket-slime-3ds.544953/page-4 and posted. People responded quickly.

For even faster help, they're on Discord too.
Stupid thing won't copy and paste. Here's the link as a picture. 0d067b5aa8b1130494c8c2549e25616f.jpg
  • Like 1

So at what point in the story specifically will i be able to start adding crew members in this game? Mostly asking cause i saw a post elsewhere from someone saying he was at like 300 hp for his ship and couldn't do so, yet he'd seen videos of people doing so at 100 hp. So wanted to try to find out exactly when this feature becomes available.

After getting a response on the discord, it seems there is a google doc that's been made that has info on the crew members, ammo, and even what you can get from each location. It doesn't contain any walkthrough related info, but its quite good on the things it does cover. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xTDzWRzm0ozt_RBZSG8m8a4F25ntN2-LMoFSky3Gp50/edit#gid=2045781474

Well it shipped earlier today though they decided not to give me a tracking number despite paying for expedited shipping.

On 9/17/2019 at 12:59 PM, rmcin329 said:

So at what point in the story specifically will i be able to start adding crew members in this game? Mostly asking cause i saw a post elsewhere from someone saying he was at like 300 hp for his ship and couldn't do so, yet he'd seen videos of people doing so at 100 hp. So wanted to try to find out exactly when this feature becomes available.

It's definitely later on.  The goal is to get 7 orbs back in the game.  You don't get crew until after orb 3 or 4.

Well after 4 long weeks(waited this long just in case they shipped standard, though i paid for expedited) the game is still not here. I got a full refund though, and have placed a new order with a different seller. The bad news is that this seller is charging even more for expedited shipping. Game is expected between the 25th and the 30th.

Edited by rmcin329

Dang that sucks.

Well according to the tracking info the game could arrive today, though i don't think it likely. However there is a good chance that it'll be delivered tomorrow which would be a full day ahead of the earliest expected delivery day(according to amazon anyway)

Edited by rmcin329

Game arrived today, i've only played up until just where you're about to go out to sea for the first time.

qJrJBIV.jpg

• Like 1

Spent some time collecting extra logs from the Backwoods, then moved on to the Flat desert area. I spent a fair bit of time collecting items and monsters then left and saved just before the boss. Next time i play i'll see about taking on the boss and seeing where the story goes next.

UPDATE

Went back and defeated the Flat desert boss twice, also collected some more items and monsters.

Edited by rmcin329
  • Like 1

Game arrived today, i've only played up until just where you're about to go out to sea for the first time.
qJrJBIV.jpg
Finally! Wahoo!

Did a bit more this morning, now i've been exploring the Funadel manor enough to reach the first warp point. Been collecting what monsters i can along the way of course. At this point in the game i've found 3 seeds of life overall.

• Like 1

I've now reached the second warp point of the Funadel manor. I'll look into trying to defeat the boss later today.

• Like 1