Dakhil

Dragon Quest Trilogy Coming to the West on 27 September 2019 for Nintendo Switch

https://twitter.com/DragonQuest/status/1173582556718977025

Find out where it all began - the first three #DragonQuest games are coming to North America, and for the first time on console in Europe, on #NintendoSwitch! You can start with any of the three games, so get ready for classic adventures from September 27th.

EEYZVhXU4AAoSwp?format=jpg&name=medium

Hell yeah! 

I think I've voiced my displeasure over this enough places.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

I think I've voiced my displeasure over this enough places.

That’s never stopped me from doing it again and again.

On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 8:42 PM, eal said:

That’s never stopped me from doing it again and again.

I will buy Dragon Quest 3 any chance I can.

1 hour ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

I will buy Dragon Quest 3 any chance I can.

For me, it has to be a quality version.  Something this one is not.  It's a degraded version.  Heck, they didn't even assure the enemy models look consistently like Toriyama.  Some of them make an attempt, the rest, like the beginning monsters (slimes, ravens, toads), look nothing like his work.

No enemy animations.

No fixing the lack of the GBC dungeon (remove medal grinding, and people would flock to it).

Not even an option to bring back Pachisi for those who like it.

It's a cheap overpriced copy of a copy of a copy (at least the up front price isn't terrible, but it should be 7.99~9.99 for DQ3).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

And no physical release in the the US or Europe. That's sucks. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Xiggy said:

And no physical release in the the US or Europe. That's sucks. 

Nor Japan.  Probably because these particular versions on 3DS and PS4 are arguably the lowest selling DQ releases of all time, and they aren't interested yet in doing another remake and maybe want to assure one console gets all retro-esque versions, and the Switch is the goto retro console in the US, EU, and Japan (so maybe might get slightly higher sales).

It's just the rest of Asia/SEA, since they don't have an online digital option.  Another is probably to assure highest potential sales to profit ratio, which is why the physical edition is twice the price of buying them digitally (despite being on the cheapest Switch cart, which is right now nearly as cheap to produce as the low-end 3DS carts, so if they wanted to tack in just the extra production + shipping costs regionally, it would be around $25~28, tack in extra costs for potential risks and it should be about 29.99, not 39.99).  Meaning they don't expect high sales in the region either, and want to assure recouping of all costs and any extra copies that sit on store shelves.  I do have to wonder what the ratio of physical sales will be in NA + EU exports vs local purchases.

• Like 1

No physical release in Japan either? O.o

Then what's this Play Asia physical release, with English texts? It can't be made by someone else than SE or Nintendo, can it? 

https://www.play-asia.com/blog/2019/09/10/dragon-quest-123-collection-heads-to-nintendo-switch-with-english-language-support/

35 minutes ago, Xiggy said:

No physical release in Japan either? O.o

Then what's this Play Asia physical release, with English texts? It can't be made by someone else than SE or Nintendo, can it? 

https://www.play-asia.com/blog/2019/09/10/dragon-quest-123-collection-heads-to-nintendo-switch-with-english-language-support/

It’s from a different territory.

22 hours ago, ignasia said:

For me, it has to be a quality version.  Something this one is not.  It's a degraded version.  Heck, they didn't even assure the enemy models look consistently like Toriyama.  Some of them make an attempt, the rest, like the beginning monsters (slimes, ravens, toads), look nothing like his work.

No enemy animations.

No fixing the lack of the GBC dungeon (remove medal grinding, and people would flock to it).

Not even an option to bring back Pachisi for those who like it.

It's a cheap overpriced copy of a copy of a copy (at least the up front price isn't terrible, but it should be 7.99~9.99 for DQ3).

I agree these features should be there but I still think the release is fine, as long as it doesn't look like FF VI on mobile we'll be good!

While I won't be buying these for a while (no point in buying them on Friday since my copy of XI is coming that day. That will occupy all of my game time for a long while, I'd imagine), I WILL buy them. I loved the mobile versions but hated the touchscreen.

I honestly don't like this mix n match with graphics/environments. Looks jarring and unnatural. Even still--my mobile versions keep crashing on my new phone for some reason so I'd rather just call it a day and buy them all for Switch one day. I hope the entire series will be housed within the Switch one day.

3 hours ago, muddy120 said:

I agree these features should be there but I still think the release is fine, as long as it doesn't look like FF VI on mobile we'll be good!

Have fun with that then, because they all look like FF6 mobile.

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, ErdrickRotoLotoOrtega said:

Ah...such a great game. My second favorite of the series and the first installment of Dragon Quest to truly "get it right", if you ask me. :) 

I think 11 is the best in the series but 3 is my favorite.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

I think 11 is the best in the series but 3 is my favorite.

From the demo alone, 11 has already been put in the running as ONE of my favorite Dragon Quest games. It's that damn good. When all is said and done, I might just have that game at the top of my list with IV, III and V. We'll see. 

I've never played that game before (I'm not a playstation guy)  so this demo was a real treat for me. Retail version headed my way this Friday so I can wait to enjoy the full experience. From what I gather from the posts around here, it sounds like DQXI is comparative to the length of VII? If so--I have two huge adventures ahead of me. :) I say two because I plan one playthrough in 3D and one in 2D.

5 minutes ago, ErdrickRotoLotoOrtega said:

From the demo alone, 11 has already been put in the running as ONE of my favorite Dragon Quest games. It's that damn good. When all is said and done, I might just have that game at the top of my list with IV, III and V. We'll see. 

I've never played that game before (I'm not a playstation guy)  so this demo was a real treat for me. Retail version headed my way this Friday so I can wait to enjoy the full experience. From what I gather from the posts around here, it sounds like DQXI is comparative to the length of VII? If so--I have two huge adventures ahead of me. :) I say two because I plan one playthrough in 3D and one in 2D.

11 is my second favorite and uses every second of it's run time well. I haven't beaten VII but I know it's known for it's length but XI only reaches that level when going for post game objectives, which I did.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

11 is my second favorite and uses every second of it's run time well. I haven't beaten VII but I know it's known for it's length but XI only reaches that level when going for post game objectives, which I did.

Interesting. I heard a lot of the post game actually enhances the story substantially as well but haven't read the finer details. I think I heard someone say this game essentially has three endings.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ErdrickRotoLotoOrtega said:

Interesting. I heard a lot of the post game actually enhances the story substantially as well but haven't read the finer details. I think I heard someone say this game essentially has three endings.

Yep that's fair to say. I feel like the post game is mandatory, which is how post game should be. 

Edited by DrippySlimeStar

https://twitter.com/DragonQuest/status/1176859147133845505

Take on the role of the Scions of Erdrick in #DragonQuest II: Luminaries of the Legendary Line. There are just TWO days to go until it's available on the #NintendoSwitch eShop!

EFOi5CVW4AUmrW4?format=jpg&name=large

https://twitter.com/DragonQuest/status/1177221535150403586

Discover where the #DragonQuest series started with the very first game in the series – it launches on the #NintendoSwitch eShop tomorrow!

EFOjCCgXsAA2TRF?format=jpg&name=large

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Dakhil said:

I only watched a bit of 3 but seeing it in motion makes the character look not terrible on the background art. The drawn enemies aren't that bad either. Looks like I'll have a third game of DQ3 going (mobile, NES, now Switch). I'll probably play through on Switch since I'm not too far in either of the other versions.

On 9/24/2019 at 12:23 PM, ignasia said:

Have fun with that then, because they all look like FF6 mobile.

I disagree, they look fine, FF VI looks way worse imo.