Dagron

Playing DQX PS4 in Offline Mode

Hi all. I've played every Dq from I-XI with the exception of X. I recently discovered that I can play it on my PS4 albeit in Japanese (I set up a Japanese PSN account and downloaded the Japanese trial version)

I made it through the prologue and chose a character class for my main but I want to try the Offline mode. I cant seem to find an option for offline mode however. When I load the game it takes me to a screen with a red button that says 'Start Online Mode'

Am I missing something or is Offline Mode not supported in the trial or not supported on PS4?

Hi all. I've played every Dq from I-XI with the exception of X. I recently discovered that I can play it on my PS4 albeit in Japanese (I set up a Japanese PSN account and downloaded the Japanese trial version)
I made it through the prologue and chose a character class for my main but I want to try the Offline mode. I cant seem to find an option for offline mode however. When I load the game it takes me to a screen with a red button that says 'Start Online Mode'
Am I missing something or is Offline Mode not supported in the trial or not supported on PS4?

Offline Mode got removed from the game entirely a little while ago

Oh my gosh. So even if I buy a physical copy of the game and run it from disc on my PS4 I cant access Offline Mode?

The PS4 version has never had the offline mode.  It was removed before the PS4 version was released.

The Wii version is the only version that can play the offline mode. 

Wow that really sucks. Is the offline mode content available through any other means?

Unusual that im more interested in the offline mode content in a predominantly online game but the sibling story fork seems like more fun to be honest.

On Switch and PS4, the offline mode was removed before these versions were released.  There is no way to access it on these versions.

On PC version, if you installed the version 1 disk, technically the offline mode gets installed onto your computer.  However when you launch the game, it forces an update and this update removes the offline mode.

In theory, if you could bypass the Internet check and prevent it from updating, you could play the offline mode.  I'm not aware of anyone that has done this.

Presumably it's the same way with WiiU.

If you want to play the offline mode, the only way is to use the original Wii version.

Edited by Cranberry

Ok so I have an old modded Wii.. Are there any good guides for getting it set up to run on there? It sounds like I need a 16gb memory stick in addition to the game disc in order to play. Whats the low down on all that?

Also thanks for the kind and speedy replies. I googled a lot before registering here but I couldnt find much about this subject specifically.

Edited by Dagron

Yes, you need a 16GB memory stick and a Japanese Wii.  You can't simply mod a wii to bypass region protection.  It needs to have the Japanese operating system on it.  If it is not a Japanese OS, the game won't load even if you bypass region lock.

Honestly, are you sure you want to do this?  This is going to be a pain to setup and pretty pricey all for a really short offline mode.  On other platforms, they summarize the offline mode through a 3 part cut scene viewer showing the important parts of the offline mode.  There's also either mine or Nawaria's Youtube coverage of the offline mode that demonstrates it.

Otherwise, either you need to buy a Japanese Wii, or find some risky soft mods that can switch your Wii to a Japanese OS (this may cost you all your download Wii games) so that DQX can run and install.

It's not worth it imho, the offline mode was a tiny part of DQX. You'd rather play the free trial (v1 and v2) on PC or PS4.

I see. I didnt realize that i couldnt use my modded Wii to play other region games.. 

I'll check it out on your Youtube channels. I'm sure it will become available through emulation or other simpler means some day..

Hydeki - I have been playing the PS4 trial and its a blast. I've gotten through the prologue and the first part of the elf story where you go to take the test.. How much longer is the trial? Would it be worth importing the All In One v1-v4 disc for the whole game?

If I get to the end of v2 on the trial and then import the disc will I have to start over or can I continue with the progress ive already made in the trial?

Thanks again!

Edited by Dagron
  • Like 1

If you get the full game you can continue where you left off.

The trial goes to about the end of V2 from what I've heard.  You probably can't actually fight the V2 final boss though.

• Like 1

I just bought the all in one v1-4 pack on Switch through the japanese eshop. You can probably do the same on PS4, but afaik, they (Sony) force you through a 5 character sub, which is a bit more expensive than the basic 3 character sub on other platforms.

I'm playing through 2.1 atm, and it's taken me around 80h, taking my time and doing side quests and stuff. I'm not even throuh half of the content available.

Glad you enjoy the game :)

Edited by HyDEKI