AzureVoid

Dragon Quest Monsters: Terry’s Wonderland Retro

So apparently Japan is getting a digital version of the original Dragon Quest Monsters game next week? According to this article.

https://www.siliconera.com/2019/09/13/dragon-quest-monsters-terrys-wonderland-retro-announced-for-switch-releases-september-17-in-japan/

If this isn’t posted in the right place or becomes a duplicate post, go ahead and remove it haha.

Edit: Oh yeah, it’s for the Nintendo Switch.

Edited by AzureVoid

Sweet. If this gets an English release, I am buying it.

5 hours ago, GrandAlchemist said:

Sweet. If this gets an English release, I am buying it.

I really doubt that will happen. It would have to be the Dragon Warrior version of the game which my confuse new players who have jumped on with Builders 2 and DQXI.

In fact, I believe this is the reason why we won't ever see any of the older games ported or put on virtual console.

• Like 1

I wish they would have ported the PS1 version.  It has a lot better graphics.
But then it wouldn't be called Dragon Quest Monsters Retro
  • Like 1

-

Edited by AzureVoid

But here's the big question...will it have multiplayer?

I said this somewhere else today, but a big F U to Squeenix about this.

Idea Factory (of all people) is bringing over a 1st person dungeon RPG (think Etrian Odyssey) called Mary Skelter 2 next month.  For Switch.  Included with the game is the digital version of Mark Skelter 1 with a few rebalances.

This retro version of Terry's game is dumb and for $15 seems ridiculously overpriced. How much did NES & SNES games sell for on the eShop, and this is lower than SNES quality.  What they should have done is port the 3DS (and now mobile too) version of Terry's Wonderland to Switch and throw in this retro mode for free.

I'm not paying for this. I got it on my modded Vita and once beat this on my phone. After playing the 3DS version, I don't want to go back.

Surprised they did this. Horii is pretty staunch on not releasing old versions. He'd rather remake the game. The Wii anniversary collection was a rare exception.

3 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

$15 seems ridiculously overpriced.

It's Japan. Things are generally more expensive there. Your average eShop game was what? $5-$8?

On 9/14/2019 at 1:23 PM, AustNerevar said:

I really doubt that will happen. It would have to be the Dragon Warrior version of the game which my confuse new players who have jumped on with Builders 2 and DQXI.

In fact, I believe this is the reason why we won't ever see any of the older games ported or put on virtual console.

The GBC games aren't terribly difficult to edit the text in. They could update the translations and re-release the games here.

On 9/14/2019 at 8:22 PM, Slimeknight said:

I wish they would have ported the PS1 version.  It has a lot better graphics.

Aye, the PS1 version is beautiful, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Translating DQM1+2 for PS1 is a tall order, even with proper dev tools. I commend Kingcom for the progress he made before taking the hiatus he is currently on.

On 9/16/2019 at 11:03 AM, GrandAlchemist said:

The GBC games aren't terribly difficult to edit the text in. They could update the translations and re-release the games here.

Aye, the PS1 version is beautiful, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Translating DQM1+2 for PS1 is a tall order, even with proper dev tools. I commend Kingcom for the progress he made before taking the hiatus he is currently on.

After a decade, can it still be considered a "haitus" :wink:

23 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

After a decade, can it still be considered a "haitus" :wink:

In all fairness he worked on it on and off for most of those years... Just the last couple have been off, hahaha.

• Like 1

In all fairness he worked on it on and off for most of those years... Just the last couple have been off, hahaha.
It'd be pretty for sure. Had hopes there a long time ago, but honestly I'd prefer DQM2 on 3DS. It's so close.