Sign in to follow this  
ErdrickRotoLotoOrtega

Is this anyone else's first NEW game in the series since IX?

Me, too. I'd imagine they wouldn't give us an offline DQX until they release the last of those story extension updates, huh? I know they'll release it here. DQXI has really gained some notoriety here in the US with many new DQ fans hopping on board. DQX LOOKS like XI in many ways, which also helps its chances.
I'll sit and wait for this one. I knew they'd release XI for switch when I first heard XI was coming to PS4. I knew if I was patient it would arrive. Same thing here. It will come. :) 
DQX isn't only on PC though that is the superior way to play it. It's on Switch and PS4 as well.

I would rather pay a sub fee than deal with microtransaction BS. However I highly doubt they would do a monthly fee if we did get it...those kinds of games don't really work here anymore.
  • Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, TriforceBun said:

Hiya. Long time no (new) DQ! But XI's release has gotten me all hyped up, and I'm glad I waited for the Switch version to finally try it out.

As they say: patience is a virtue. :D 

12 minutes ago, AustNerevar said:

DQX isn't only on PC though that is the superior way to play it. It's on Switch and PS4 as well.

I would rather pay a sub fee than deal with microtransaction BS. However I highly doubt they would do a monthly fee if we did get it...those kinds of games don't really work here anymore.

I sure hope it comes here as offline. If there is a subscription, I won't purchase the game no matter how big a Dragon Quest fan I am.

I sure hope it comes here as offline. If there is a subscription, I won't purchase the game no matter how big a Dragon Quest fan I am.
Why do you hope its offline? Taking an MMO and making it an offline game would essentially be neutering it. It would remove a significant portion of the fun and just turn it into a bloated grindfest.

7 minutes ago, AustNerevar said:
26 minutes ago, ErdrickRotoLotoOrtega said:

Why do you hope its offline? Taking an MMO and making it an offline game would essentially be neutering it. It would remove a significant portion of the fun and just turn it into a bloated grindfest.

Because, as stated, I'm not really a fan of MMO and I'll take a de-scaled offline version that's crafted to be more of a standard grindfest Dragon Quest over MMO. Also, it's Dragon Quest. Dragon Quest is synonymous with "grindfest" so I'm not bothered. :) 

Because, as stated, I'm not really a fan of MMO and I'll take a de-scaled offline version that's crafted to be more of a standard grindfest Dragon Quest over MMO. Also, it's Dragon Quest. Dragon Quest is synonymous with "grindfest" so I'm not bothered.  
I do not like MMOs either. But DQX is not a standard MMO.

Instead of asking them to excise parts of a game you've never played, accept it for what it is.

DQ fans don't realize that they're missing out on something special in X. It's an MMO experience unlike any other I've ever found.

23 minutes ago, AustNerevar said:

I do not like MMOs either. But DQX is not a standard MMO.

Instead of asking them to excise parts of a game you've never played, accept it for what it is.

DQ fans don't realize that they're missing out on something special in X. It's an MMO experience unlike any other I've ever found.

Even so, I don't want to pay the subscription fees for it. If it was free or just some nominal fee of $2 a month of something I wouldn't care, really. Between Prime, Netflix, bills, etc. I pay enough monthly. I don't like the idea of paying a subscription for one game. Nintendo online did it so much better: $20 for a year. That's reasonable. The subscription prices for DQX are NOT reasonable. Not to me. I actually think they're downright ridiculous. No game is worth that for me. NO game.

Even so, I don't want to pay the subscription fees for it. If it was free or just some nominal fee of $2 a month of something I wouldn't care, really. Between Prime, Netflix, bills, etc. I pay enough monthly. I don't like the idea of paying a subscription for one game. Nintendo online did it so much better: $20 for a year. That's reasonable. The subscription prices for DQX are NOT reasonable. Not to me. I actually think they're downright ridiculous. No game is worth that for me. NO game.
$10 a month isn't that bad. The part that stings is paying $45 for the base game and then another $40 for Version 4 if you dont get the all-in-one package on top of the no that fee.

But I feel like you're complaining just to complain. If we ever even got 10 I think everyone can agree that they wouldn't charge a monthly fee for it. Most MMOs don't do that anymore because it isn't sustainable. And for the ones that do, they rarely do so for longer than a year.

If you don't want to pay for a game, then don't pay for it. There's no reason to get emotional over it.

38 minutes ago, AustNerevar said:

Except for those of us who have known about the game before it released and have followed news on it for the last 7 years... 😜

Random thought: Funny enough when just double checking when the game originally came out, it released on my birthday, August 2nd. So that’s one DQ game and the DQ movie that have released in my birthday, an Etrian Odyssey game released on my birthday last year (in Japan), and not to mention I was born the same day Super Mario All-Stars released in the west.

I think me being a Dragon Quest fan, an Etrian fan, and a Mario fan was destined to happen.

• Like 1

Except for those of us who have known about the game before it released and have followed news on it for the last 7 years...

Random thought: Funny enough when just double checking when the game originally came out, it released on my birthday, August 2nd. So that’s one DQ game and the DQ movie that have released in my birthday, an Etrian Odyssey game released on my birthday last year (in Japan), and not to mention I was born the same day Super Mario All-Stars released in the west.
I think me being a Dragon Quest fan, an Etrian fan, and a Mario fan was destined to happen.
Well obviously people who have played it aren't missing out. What I meant was, DQ fans who haven't played the game and write it off as "just ajother MMO".

18 minutes ago, AustNerevar said:

$10 a month isn't that bad. The part that stings is paying $45 for the base game and then another $40 for Version 4 if you dont get the all-in-one package on top of the no that fee.

But I feel like you're complaining just to complain. If we ever even got 10 I think everyone can agree that they wouldn't charge a monthly fee for it. Most MMOs don't do that anymore because it isn't sustainable. And for the ones that do, they rarely do so for longer than a year.

If you don't want to pay for a game, then don't pay for it. There's no reason to get emotional over it.

...Huh? Who's getting emotional about it? You're the one who keeps asking me the same question about this game and I've continued to oblige with an answer each time. No emotion involved.

I meant what I said: I pay for a lot monthly and see no value in paying a subscription for a single game. No emotion in that statement--just a practical personal assessment of my own financial situation. Thinking the price of something is ridiculous isn't being emotional--it's making a statement. *Shrug*

And, uh--I don't want to pay for the game, stated so more than once and provided several reasons for my statement. Again, I'm making a statement. No emotion involved here. You're the one apparently acting as if you're ticked off by my answers or something.

17 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Except for those of us who have known about the game before it released and have followed news on it for the last 7 years... 😜

I don't know anything about Etrian but Dragon Quest is the "Mario" of RPGS, if you ask me.

43 minutes ago, AustNerevar said:
45 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:
Except for those of us who have known about the game before it released and have followed news on it for the last 7 years... emoji12.png

Well obviously people who have played it aren't missing out. What I meant was, DQ fans who haven't played the game and write it off as "just ajother MMO".

Maybe I need to install a sarcasm button or something so people know when I’m joking with them. My DQ10 comment was just playful joking. 😘

I’d be happy to see DQ10 in any form overseas.

My 2c:  I'm long past the days of paying for an MMO.  I buy games, beat them, sell them.  It's why I rarely buy digital unless I'm getting 60%+ off.  I don't play online, I don't pay for PS Plus or whatever is needed. I have Nintendo online because it was free for Amazon Prime people for a bit.

I'm like the turnstile at an amusement park.  The DQ games I don't sell, I keep for nostalgia, but it's been 10+ years since I replayed any in its original format.

That said, I'd buy DQX and give it a try, but I'm always on the lookout for my NEXT game. I'd do what I could and be done with it in 2-3 months. Nothing sticks around with me for long, so I'm not looking for an ongoing MMO.  Hell, it's why I don't play mobile games at all.  I need a finish line to feel complete, don't like endless.  Games that are like Stardew Valley, I find a finish line and shoot for it.  Then I'm done.

So, while I'd prefer an off-line DQX that can't go away like DQIX stuff eventually did, I'd get it and get my 2 months out of it and be done.

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

My 2c:  I'm long past the days of paying for an MMO.  I buy games, beat them, sell them.  It's why I rarely buy digital unless I'm getting 60%+ off.  I don't play online, I don't pay for PS Plus or whatever is needed. I have Nintendo online because it was free for Amazon Prime people for a bit.

I'm like the turnstile at an amusement park.  The DQ games I don't sell, I keep for nostalgia, but it's been 10+ years since I replayed any in its original format.

That said, I'd buy DQX and give it a try, but I'm always on the lookout for my NEXT game. I'd do what I could and be done with it in 2-3 months. Nothing sticks around with me for long, so I'm not looking for an ongoing MMO.  Hell, it's why I don't play mobile games at all.  I need a finish line to feel complete, don't like endless.  Games that are like Stardew Valley, I find a finish line and shoot for it.  Then I'm done.

So, while I'd prefer an off-line DQX that can't go away like DQIX stuff eventually did, I'd get it and get my 2 months out of it and be done.

I'm sort of the same way in the sense that I need end dates to my games as well. I, however, replay several of my games quite often. ;)

One thing about me though is that I'm not a 100% player. I rarely 100% any game and I'm normally content with just beating the main game/all levels and leaving it at that. I've already read about how DQXI is and I WILL be completing all the endings since it essentially expands the story. I'll also find all the tockles so I can enjoy every world from the previous DQ games. That's different. What I WON'T be doing is trying to find all the mini medals. I don't care about that stuff. Never have.

• Like 1

I'm sort of the same way in the sense that I need end dates to my games as well. I, however, replay several of my games quite often.
One thing about me though is that I'm not a 100% player. I rarely 100% any game and I'm normally content with just beating the main game/all levels and leaving it at that. I've already read about how DQXI is and I WILL be completing all the endings since it essentially expands the story. I'll also find all the tockles so I can enjoy every world from the previous DQ games. That's different. What I WON'T be doing is trying to find all the mini medals. I don't care about that stuff. Never have.
Again, we're similar. I have zero platinum trophies. I often complete post-game, but I don't do every alchemy recipe or every sidequest or such. Do most of them, but not 100%
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:
25 minutes ago, ErdrickRotoLotoOrtega said:
I'm sort of the same way in the sense that I need end dates to my games as well. I, however, replay several of my games quite often. emoji6.png

Again, we're similar. I have zero platinum trophies. I often complete post-game, but I don't do every alchemy recipe or every sidequest or such. Do most of them, but not 100%

Your name is Platty, your avatar is a Platinum Slime and you don't have Platinum trophies?! :P LOL! Just kidding.

We ARE similar! I'm the same way with everything you just mentioned. I didn't even KNOW Stella was in DQVIII 3DS until I read about it on this board, LOL!

Also, I'll bet you and I could rant about Dragon Quest VI all day if we wanted to, LOL! Like Nevan...to hell with that guy. ;) Seriously--to hell with that guy. He's an underwhelming character on all fronts, if you ask me...weak in every way. Only thing he was good for was Staff of Healing spamming.

I asked and I received. Now my fingers are crossed! 

Though I'm trying not to get too excited. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, ErdrickRotoLotoOrtega said:

Also, I'll bet you and I could rant about Dragon Quest VI all day if we wanted to, LOL! Like Ashlynn...to hell with that girl. ;) Seriously--to hell with that girl. She's an underwhelming character on all fronts, does far too easily, can’t ditch her at Patty’s Party Planning Place...weak in every way. Only thing she was good for was Style Contests.

Fixed that for you.

• Upvote 1

Your name is Platty, your avatar is a Platinum Slime and you don't have Platinum trophies?!  LOL! Just kidding.
We ARE similar! I'm the same way with everything you just mentioned. I didn't even KNOW Stella was in DQVIII 3DS until I read about it on this board, LOL!
Also, I'll bet you and I could rant about Dragon Quest VI all day if we wanted to, LOL! Like Nevan...to hell with that guy.  Seriously--to hell with that guy. He's an underwhelming character on all fronts, if you ask me...weak in every way. Only thing he was good for was Staff of Healing spamming.

I wish I had a Seinfeld clip of him yelling Nevan instead of Newman.

I got all trophies in Child of Light, but sadly no platnium for that game. Thought I'd get one for DQHTWTWATBB, but screw beating Zoma.

For me, yeah. I didn't play Heroes or Builders, so.