Dakhil

Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition

I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty excited for Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition. I really enjoyed playing Xenoblade Chronicles (via Xenoblade Chronicles 3D). And I imagine I'll enjoy playing Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition.

I barely played the game on my Wii even though I was looking forward to its release. I ended up stopping at a dungeon near the city of the winged head people because the boss was just...just so annoying!

Anyway, I was pretty excited by that reveal in the Direct. Hearing the title theme again sent a chill down my spine, I’m not gonna lie. I’ll pick up the Definitive Edition when it comes out next year, and maybe then I’ll play Xeno 2...though that one is a strong maybe.

I am super excited to buy this game for a third time and not play it!

But seriously, I am pretty excited for it. Same thing with Tokyo Mirage Sessions. I still have an unopened collector's edition of it.

1 hour ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

I barely played the game on my Wii even though I was looking forward to its release. I ended up stopping at a dungeon near the city of the winged head people because the boss was just...just so annoying!

Anyway, I was pretty excited by that reveal in the Direct. Hearing the title theme again sent a chill down my spine, I’m not gonna lie. I’ll pick up the Definitive Edition when it comes out next year, and maybe then I’ll play Xeno 2...though that one is a strong maybe.

On a somehow related note, I look forward to listening to these awesome tracks again.

Edited by Dakhil

Yeah, that’s probably the area I was talking about. I remember it being beaches, pillars/land you traveled to via teleports, and eventually the city that was above the water. I recognized it in the trailer though I couldn’t place the name. Honestly the only area name I remember is Gaur Plains due to Smash Bros.

Hopefully I’ll get past that point this time, or maybe there will be a difficulty option to lower the challenge for at least the boss that ended my playthrough. I could probably beat it now since I’m not a dumb teenager like I was when the game originally came out, but we shall see in the future I suppose.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

But seriously, I am pretty excited for it. Same thing with Tokyo Mirage Sessions. I still have an unopened collector's edition of it.
Something about Tokyo Massage Sessions just rubbed me the wrong way.

54 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:
12 hours ago, Twinkie said:

Something about Tokyo Massage Sessions just rubbed me the wrong way.

Probably the side quest where the burly adult man fawns over a young girl. That’s a big yikes.

Edited by eal

Probably the side quest where the burly adult man fawns over a young girl. That’s a big yikes.
Japan

Coincidently enough... (just image what's coming next)

I just recorded a podcast 9 days ago where we talked Persona Q and Tokyo Mirage Sessions. Never having played the second I just muted the mic and played Grandia for an hour, but if it ever gets edited & posted, I'll have to link it here. Some people were REALLY excited about that game.

1 minute ago, Plattym3 said:

emoji15.png Japan emoji849.png

Coincidently enough... (just image what's coming next)

I just recorded a podcast 9 days ago where we talked Persona Q and Tokyo Mirage Sessions. Never having played the second I just muted the mic and played Grandia for an hour, but if it ever gets edited & posted, I'll have to link it here. Some people were REALLY excited about that game.

It is a fun game, as I mentioned in Yangus’s status update. It’s literally just a different flavor of SMT gameplay. It’s long too. Like 40-50 hours, from the LP Two Best Friends did.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eal said:

Oof. I didn't even know about that.

1 hour ago, eal said:

It is a fun game, as I mentioned in Yangus’s status update. It’s literally just a different flavor of SMT gameplay. It’s long too. Like 40-50 hours, from the LP Two Best Friends did.

I will say, the three people on the podcast that played it were all about praising it.  There were 5 of us talking Persona Q and it was a 4 - 1 positive split, but TMS was all happy happy joy joy. 

One idea for the podcast title was: "You got SMT in my Etrian Odyssey and Fire Emblem" thus the odd pairing of those games together.

29 minutes ago, Twinkie said:

Oof. I didn't even know about that.

Pulled a random LP as an example. Watch as a grown man throws a hissyfit because a young girl doesn’t pay enough attention to him and praise him enough in just three short minutes.

https://youtu.be/WnqHCL-A1w8

14 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

I will say, the three people on the podcast that played it were all about praising it.  There were 5 of us talking Persona Q and it was a 4 - 1 positive split, but TMS was all happy happy joy joy. 

One idea for the podcast title was: "You got SMT in my Etrian Odyssey and Fire Emblem" thus the odd pairing of those games together.

It’s weird because, from a gameplay perspective, it’s a game SMT or Persona fans would like. If it was because of just the aesthetics I can understand people not being interested, but I personally saw a lot of people snub their noses at it because it didn’t have the same tone as a mainline SMT game. So a lot of the people who did play it will testify that it was good.

I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty excited for Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition. I really enjoyed playing Xenoblade Chronicles (via Xenoblade Chronicles 3D). And I imagine I'll enjoy playing Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition.
Never replied to the topic at hand. The 3D one has fascinated me since I got the New 3DS XL and I knew I could play it. I'm a sucker for 100 hour games on handhelds. But ehhh ARPGs. One day I'll be able to get this remake cheaper than the 3DS one. Maybe in 2022 I'll give it a go.

56 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:
15 hours ago, Dakhil said:

Never replied to the topic at hand. The 3D one has fascinated me since I got the New 3DS XL and I knew I could play it. I'm a sucker for 100 hour games on handhelds. But ehhh ARPGs. One day I'll be able to get this remake cheaper than the 3DS one. Maybe in 2022 I'll give it a go.

Oh you would be much better off trying to get the Switch version. The 3DS version has become pretty expensive for a physical copy last I checked. I had wanted to get it when I bought my New 3DS XL, but then I saw the price of the 3DS version and “Noped,” right out of that decision.

8 hours ago, eal said:

Pulled a random LP as an example. Watch as a grown man throws a hissyfit because a young girl doesn’t pay enough attention to him and praise him enough in just three short minutes.

https://youtu.be/WnqHCL-A1w8

At least they bring up the fact that it is uncomfortable and attempt to play it off as a joke.

• Like 1

Oh you would be much better off trying to get the Switch version. The 3DS version has become pretty expensive for a physical copy last I checked. I had wanted to get it when I bought my New 3DS XL, but then I saw the price of the 3DS version and “Noped,” right out of that decision.
Guess what? Demand just plummeted haha788629d18f9745e6f638fbdaa583933e.jpg

On 9/6/2019 at 6:15 AM, Plattym3 said:
Guess what? Demand just plummeted haha788629d18f9745e6f638fbdaa583933e.jpg

Now you can get Xenoblade Chronicles 3D on Amazon for $0.05 less than your desired price!2d9c9b75f2cfcdfbf362724eefb85582.jpg

And I can't wait to experience this all over again.

Warning: This may potentially contain spoilers and this video might annoy you.

Edited by Dakhil

^Seeing it’s a Chuggaconroy video in that spoiler (not gonna watch it if there are potential spoilers), I’m just going to assume he either says or does something really stupid. Watching stuff from The Runaway Guys is fun mainly for Tim and John, but Emile can be really annoying/stupid. I love it when John makes fun of him or calls him out for his poor choice of words.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

6 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:
^Seeing it’s a Chuggaconroy video in that spoiler (not gonna watch it if there are potential spoilers), I’m just going to assume he either says or does something really stupid. Watching stuff from The Runaway Guys is fun mainly for Tim and John, but Emile can be really annoying/stupid. I love it when John makes fun of him or calls him out for his poor choice of words.

Chuggaconroy is definitely not for everyone.

But what I'm basically trying to say is I can't wait to mess around with the ridiculously hilarious ice physics, which is what Chuggaconroy is reacting to in the video.

Edited by Dakhil
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1243179649787506689

#XenobladeChronicles Definitive Edition arrives on 5/29! Experience updated graphics, improved battle HUD & menus, 90+ remastered music tracks, & an all-new epilogue story with Melia & Shulk in Xenoblade Chronicles: Future Connected.

Pre-purchase today: bit.ly/2UBFiJg

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1243179891048112128

The #XenobladeChronicles Definitive Works set, which includes a 250-page art book, will also release on 5/29!

EUCpcLfVAAAzmaC?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

Edited by Dakhil

Europe will get a Collector's Set whilst North America only gets Definitive Works. Why am I not surprised?

https://twitter.com/NintendoUK/status/1243188701401882624

And for those who are really feeling it, a Collector's Set (available via select retailers) will be released that same day. It includes a Sound Selection Vinyl that reflects the Monado's design!

EUCxhcFWoAAsDNl?format=jpg&name=large