"Dragon Quest I, II, and II coming to Switch on September 27 in Japan"

https://gematsu.com/2019/09/dragon-quest-i-ii-and-ii-coming-to-switch-on-september-27-in-japan

Square Enix will release Dragon QuestDragon Quest II: Luminaries of the Legendary Line, and Dragon Quest III: The Seeds of Salvation for Switch via the Nintendo eShop on September 27 in Japan for 600 yen, 850 yen, and 1,500 yen, respectively.

Edited by Dakhil

I’m glad II and II are coming. I hope II is different from II.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:
6 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:
I’m glad II and II are coming. I hope II is different from II.

Not so much. II is closer to II than II. I was a bit disappointed. You might be II.

Oh no! That’s what I was afraid of! If II is closer to II than II, than II won’t be as fun as II or II. Man...II is II many.

These are ports of the mobile versions. They released them on PS4 when XI was new. Sadly, being a phone port, III won't have monster animations.

• Like 1

Damn it. I really wish they would just give the first three games a proper remake again. Or even just 3. Come on, give us back the damn Pachisi tracks and the ice dungeon from the GBC version.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
26 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Damn it. I really wish they would just give the first three games a proper remake again. Or even just 3. Come on, give us back the damn Pachisi tracks and the ice dungeon from the GBC version.

I would take the Wii Anniversary package.  At least those versions were good.  Though definitely.  I love those Pachisi tracks, and minus the monster medal hunting, the ice dungeon is one of my favourite bonus dungeons.  I like fighting Grand Dragon, and every version of DQ3 deserves its own Rubiss Sword!

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, ignasia said:

I would take the Wii Anniversary package.  At least those versions were good.  Though definitely.  I love those Pachisi tracks, and minus the monster medal hunting, the ice dungeon is one of my favourite bonus dungeons.  I like fighting Grand Dragon, and every version of DQ3 deserves its own Rubiss Sword!

Honestly, I really surprised they didn’t add in that dungeon/boss/sword to the mobile version. I know it’s based on an older mobile phone version of 3, but you’d think they would have implemented some of the stuff that made the GBC version unique into modern renditions.

It makes me hope that they will give 3 a proper remake in the style of DQ11, like they had talked about at one point. Maybe then we can see a Definitive Edition of DQ3 or even the entire Erdrick Trilogy. It’s wishful thinking, but it would be cool if either happened.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

So the Dragon Quest community in France is trying to convince Square Enix and Nintendo to release Dragon Quest I-III on Nintendo Switch in the West by making #BringDragonQuest trend on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/DraqueFan/status/1169478529299505152?s=09

Vouz aimez @DragonQuest et voulez la trilogie originale Switch? Faites du bruit pour @SquareEnixFR et @NintendoFrance!

You love @DragonQuest and want Switch original trilogy? Make some noise, let @SquareEnix and @NintendoAmerica know!

Retweet and share #BringDragonQuest!

EDrSgGnWsAAMrHW.png:large

Edited by Dakhil
  • Like 1

I hope their campaign works,because I would always love to replay the Erdrick trilogy again with the new modern translation and right now the only way to do that in the west is on mobile,which I personally find to be so uncomfortable and unenjoyable to play with the portrait mod display and touchscreen controls,give me a controller any day.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 doesn't include the GBC additions does it?

Apparently SQEX Asia has confirmed English as an option, so I feel fairly confident these are coming.

I’m still secretly hoping that we can get them by

fully completing XI S. That was such a magical way to do it in Japan.

Even if we can only buy them, though, I’m still excited to play them on Switch!

https://m.facebook.com/SquareEnixAsia/photos/a.436947397161547/462422307947389/?type=3&theater

Edited by JustACorpse
37 minutes ago, JustACorpse said:

Apparently SQEX Asia has confirmed English as an option, so I feel fairly confident these are coming.

I’m still secretly hoping that we can get them by

Reveal hidden contents

fully completing XI S. That was such a magical way to do it in Japan.

Even if we can only buy them, though, I’m still excited to play them on Switch!

https://m.facebook.com/SquareEnixAsia/photos/a.436947397161547/462422307947389/?type=3&theater

Yeah thank god this happened so I'm more hopeful now even if this still isn't an official release. When do you think they'll announce it if it does come over, idk why they just didn't announce it in this Nintendo Direct.

• Like 1
Yeah thank god this happened so I'm more hopeful now even if this still isn't an official release. When do you think they'll announce it if it does come over, idk why they just didn't announce it in this Nintendo Direct.

When? Never. That's why it wasn't in a Nintendo Direct.

Sometimes the simplest explanation isn't the one you want to hear. 6591b455aee6dfa66c291e3e86f6be98.jpg

1 minute ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

So am I.

A lot of Asian releases do have English. But it isn't a guarantee that they will be released in the States. Many games in the past have English releases in Asia but never seen the light of day out in the West. It just makes these games more playable to those who wish to access them.

• Like 1
A lot of Asian releases do have English. But it isn't a guarantee that they will be released in the States. Many games in the past have English releases in Asia but never seen the light of day out in the West. It just makes these games more playable to those who wish to access them.
Some like the Super Robot Wars games I've heard described as something that would be a licensing nightmare to officially release in the United States. Not that that'd be an issue for DQ.
  • 2 weeks later...