Sign in to follow this  
Stuner50

Worst Dragon Quest party in the series? *spoilers*

Worst Dragon Quest Party in the series? *spoilers*  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Swords I guess. Honestly there’s not a DQ party I completely dislike. There are some individuals like Maribel from 7 I’m not a big fan of, but no collective of characters I would truly even consider being “the worst.” 

Also, you should include Cannock and Moonbrooke from DQ2 as an option. I’m sure someone would vote for that if only because of Cannock’s constant dance with death.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

Six
Seis
Sechs

Other than Amos, I'm not a fan. Terry only gets somewhat of a pass because I enjoy DQM1 so much. He's a pure dick in 6.

The rest of the party is trash tier.

Hero? Whatever blue spikey hair punk ass kid is he?
Carver? Meathead I couldn't care less about
Chamaro or whatever the #$*! his name is sucks. 3 times I've played and I bury his ass the second he's not required.

Honestly I couldn't even tell you the female party members. Barbara? There's someone else... Meh.

At least the SNES version let you recruit a bunch of monsters. More than just the slime family people in the remake. Made the game more bearable.

1 hour ago, Plattym3 said:

Six
Seis
Sechs

Other than Milly, I'm not a fan. Terry only gets somewhat of a pass because I enjoy DQM1 so much. He's a pure dick in 6.

Chamaro or whatever the #$*! his name is sucks. 3 times I've played and I bury his ass the second he's not required.

Honestly I couldn't even tell you the other female party members. Barbara?

At least the SNES version let you recruit a bunch of monsters. More than just the slime family people in the remake. Made the game more bearable.

Fixed that for you.

I personally think the worst is V, besides Deborah most the party were pretty bland: Biancha, Nera and Sancho had cool designs but their personalities weren't that amazing like the other DQ games, the kids also had the same issues.

• Upvote 1

I personally think the worst is V, besides Deborah most the party were pretty bland: Biancha, Nera and Sancho had cool designs but their personalities weren't that amazing like the other DQ games, the kids also had the same issues.

Sancho? Cool design?

That needs a lot of explanation.
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

Six
Seis
Sechs

Other than Amos, I'm not a fan. Terry only gets somewhat of a pass because I enjoy DQM1 so much. He's a pure dick in 6.

Honestly I couldn't even tell you the female party members. Barbara? There's someone else... Meh.

I will fight you.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

I will fight you.

If you're bringing the DQVI party to back you up, I'll win. :baa:

6 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

If you're bringing the DQVI party to back you up, I'll win. :baa:

That's true. I really only like Carver and Milly. Ashlynn is the other female member you're thinking of and even I had to go double check her name. She's cool party wise but suuuuucks in battle. Same with Amos - once I get Terry and his snarky ass Amos got sent to the bench. Nevan (the guy in the yellow) is a useless dork all around.

• Like 1

That's true. I really only like Carver and Milly. Ashlynn is the other female member you're thinking of and even I had to go double check her name. She's cool party wise but suuuuucks in battle. Same with Amos - once I get Terry and his snarky ass Amos got sent to the bench. Nevan (the guy in the yellow) is a useless dork all around.
Haha. I give them hell, because it's truly a game that never has clicked for me despite 3 complete play throughs. But it's DQ, so it's automatically an 8/10 game for me!

Yeah, worst party would be V's for me too. 

Edited by Xiggy

17 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:
20 minutes ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

Haha. I give them hell, because it's truly a game that never has clicked for me despite 3 complete play throughs. But it's DQ, so it's automatically an 8/10 game for me!

The story is a confusing mess and I don't like the 2 world structure. The thing that raised the game up for me was the vocation system. If it was standard party members with no classes or anything I could see myself not liking the game as much.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

Six
Seis
Sechs

I'm not sure if we touched base on this before but I 110% agree with you. Something about DQVI just...doesn't work for me. The entire game feels off. It's difficult to describe. Both the SFC and DS versions feel off. Bland, uninteresting party, oddball system of introducing a job system to characters who all feel like they're already geared toward a one-job destination as it is (it's as bizarre as the idea of assigning a character from IV with a job class if such a thing were available), overly-complicated duel map system, confusing story regarding Zenithia/its dream world connection, uninteresting dream world storyline, depressing ending with the hero and his love interest, a sort of stab at making it a DQIII-esque prequel despite it feeling so disjointed from DQIV and V and...I don't know. I didn't feel any emotion for the hero in any way, shape or form. Nothing. 

I have to say--I also don't care for the whole concept of the characters "merging" with their dream world/real world selves and how they say: "I feel like a different person now" despite acting exactly the same as they did before the merge.

The game lost me. I had trouble investing in the characters as their stories felt somehow less rich and genuine than those from IV or V. The duel real/dream world iterations of the characters threw me off and the game was rather sloppy in conveying the similarities/differences between the two versions of people, leaving me with never fully identifying/knowing anyone.

I...hate the DQVI cast. I don't care for any of them.

I think the developers placed far more time/effort into their giant duel world maps than they did developing the characters.

The game feels like a weak prototype for the far-superior DQVII. DQVII, for the most part, streamlined the duel map system, focused heavily on characters and made it all work SO much better than VI.

• Like 1

I picked Heroes II. 

I loved all the reboot characters, but the characters listed on the poll weren't too fun or exciting for me. 

With what's listed, 5's party is the worst. The monsters are so much better than the humans that there's no contest.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, GrandAlchemist said:

With what's listed, 5's party is the worst. The monsters are so much better than the humans that there's no contest.

If monster party members are better than human party members then you should probably rethink the human ones.

Honestly, DQ5's party wins my vote. Haven't played Swords or XI yet, though I plan to play XI later this year for myself if given the chance, so I won't comment on those (though I do like XI's main cast quite a lot). The other DQ's like DQ7 and DQ4 had memorable main characters with notable personalities, whether you hated their personality or gameplay wise. With DQVI, it's one of the DQs I'm iffy on solely because of how I only liked a few characters and the sequence in Pescani/whatever the official translated name of it is of following Rob/Rod just angered me to the point of me not wanting to play it for at least a couple of weeks. However, at least the party is somewhat memorable in their personalities, but I could care less for most of the cast. Most of the DQV party is pretty bland, aside from Deborah if you ask me.

1 hour ago, GrandAlchemist said:

I mean, in terms of usability that’s true. It’s really no contest. I dumped everyone beside the Hero and his son instantly and replaced them with monsters.

But in terms of memorability or how they connect to the story and themes and all that, they’re one of the strongest parties. You are literally going on an adventure with the family you built over the course of your life by the end of it, whether you’re battling with them or not.

Edited by eal
  • Like 2

I didn't include DQII because we don't know much about Cannock or Moonbroke...we'll probably never learn about their personalities well until they're included on the heroes games, we got tidbits of their personality in DQIX and Fortune Street, but it wasn't enough honestly.

And i kind of agree of Heroes II party being inferior to Heroes I, Lazarel and Teresa were completely annoying characters and had terrible designs, Cesar even through i liked his design he was an spoiled brat...Desdemona was probably the only one i liked, on the other hand DQH1 cast was oozing on personality, i think ill change my vote from DQV to Heroes 2...at least V had Debora that was fun to have around.

I mean, in terms of usability that’s true. It’s really no contest. I dumped everyone beside the Hero and his son instantly and replaced them with monsters.
But in terms of memorability or how they connect to the story and themes and all that, they’re one of the strongest parties. You are literally going on an adventure with the family you built over the course of your life by the end of it, whether you’re battling with them or not.
Yeah its not really a fair judgement to only go only by their strength. I'm more attached to that party probably even more than 11s which I feel is one of the best written and acted cat of characters in any JRPG.

It's a shame you're forced to choose between battle efficiency and sentimentality in V.

1 hour ago, AustNerevar said:

Yeah its not really a fair judgement to only go only by their strength. I'm more attached to that party probably even more than 11s which I feel is one of the best written and acted cat of characters in any JRPG.

It's a shame you're forced to choose between battle efficiency and sentimentality in V.

We need Deborah, The Kids and Sancho for Heroes 3. XD

We need Deborah, The Kids and Sancho for Heroes 3. XD
Still waiting on a Sancho explanation.

You know what I just realized? Tuppence isn’t included in the DQ5 choice. Guess it shows how much he’s liked, eh? 🤣

You know what I just realized? Tuppence isn’t included in the DQ5 choice. Guess it shows how much he’s liked, eh?
I'd call him worthless, but his name itself would indicated he's only a tad higher than that.