Will Nintendo announce Dragon Quest ports tomorrow in the Nintendo Direct

Do you guys predict a Dragon Quest port collection tomorrow in the Nintendo Direct. Vergeben rumored this back in February so I think it has some weight to it since Hero has released in Smash and made the series mainstream and popular now.

Are we still on the “Smash made Dragon Quest mainstream,” nonsense? Because a series getting repped in Smash =/= making it mainstream.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2
Do you guys predict a Dragon Quest port collection tomorrow in the Nintendo Direct. Vergeben rumored this back in February so I think it has some weight to it since Hero has released in Smash and made the series mainstream and popular now.
No. I find the idea quite silly. 0% chance of happening. 1027d309cf3fb566f22bff519ac4608a.jpg
  • Upvote 1

Collection? I doubt that. I wouldn't be surprised if they end up bringing some of the older games over for Japan since it is pretty much free money for them.

Not that I am opposed to the idea of it.

Collection? I doubt that. I wouldn't be surprised if they end up bringing some of the older games over for Japan since it is pretty much free money for them.

If anything they'll be like the digital only FF releases. Although if you're paying attention they only did FF7 and up. Laughable to think they'd do any early DQ before FF.
10 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:
11 minutes ago, Twinkie said:

If anything they'll be like the digital only FF releases. Although if you're paying attention they only did FF7 and up. Laughable to think they'd do any early DQ before FF.

Also considering that Dragon Quest 1-3 on the 3DS got released about 4 years after the VII remake got released.

Edited by Twinkie

The only Dragon Quest collection I could see a possibility of being announced at tomorrow's Nintendo Direct is the the Erdrick trilogy (Dragon Quest I-III), considering that the Erdrick trilogy was released for the Nintendo 3DS and PlayStation 4 after Dragon Quest XI was released in Japan.

Otherwise, I don't expect any Dragon Quest announcements at tomorrow's Nintendo Direct, besides giving a quick reminder about Dragon Quest XI S.

Yeah, if any other DQ games do get announced, it will probably just be ports of the mobile versions of DQ1-3 that the 3DS and PS4 got.

Will Nintendo make a statement regarding Dragon Quest ports to the Nintendo Switch that Square Enix has yet to make?

I don't see that happening.

Now, if at TGS, SE makes mention of Switch ports, then yes, I can see Nintendo making that announcement, assuming SE asks Nintendo to handle it for them.  However I think it more likely that if there's a series of Ports on the Switch, it's likely to go PS4 as well, and SE is likely to handle any international release.  The only exception would be DQ's 1~3, where maybe Nintendo might be picked because Switch + retro = sales.  Again though, SE will be the one to announce this first, IN JAPAN.  Not Nintendo.

Edited by ignasia

Arg, I hope not. Cause if they do, I'd probably end up buying a Switch. 

The only announcement I'm waiting for concerning DQ now is DQXI S on PS4/5 👌🏻

2 hours ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

We used up all our collective luck getting Hero into Smash. We'll never get anything we want ever again.

Uh...you are joking, right?

Whenever newer DQ fans talk about future games like they're a certainty we'll get them, it triggers my inner grandpa. Damn kids don't know what we've been through.

• Like 2
Arg, I hope not. Cause if they do, I'd probably end up buying a Switch.  The only announcement I'm waiting for concerning DQ now is DQXI S on PS4/5

Best case scenario: Square Enix will announce bringing the exclusive features of Dragon Quest XI S as payable DLC for the PlayStation 4 version and/or Steam version a year after Dragon Quest XI S is released. 

Worst case scenario (and probably most likely scenario): The exclusive features of Dragon Quest XI S will stay exclusive to the Nintendo Switch version.

• Like 1

Worst case scenario (and probably most likely scenario): The exclusive features of Dragon Quest XI S will stay exclusive to Nintendo Switch.

Same things gonna happen to Persona 5. It's just a new game experience. No DLC. Buy again or don't.

Sadly I don't even mind. DQXI I'm happy to do it. Persona 5, I'm still just hoping to get through once!
2 hours ago, AustNerevar said:

Whenever newer DQ fans talk about future games like they're a certainty we'll get them, it triggers my inner grandpa. Damn kids don't know what we've been through.

You should read my nutty response to someone on the GameFAQs forums over this very thing.

My whole thing being...uh, yeah, let's be practical, I do NOT want another DQ dark age.  It's kind of buried now, and I don't recall the topic it was in.

You should read my nutty response to someone on the GameFAQs forums over this very thing.
My whole thing being...uh, yeah, let's be practical, I do NOT want another DQ dark age.  It's kind of buried now, and I don't recall the topic it was in.
If you have a link I'll read it.