So y'all's got the DLCs?  Are they worth it?  What really do they add?  Do I just want a specific pack or do I want the season pass? Is that it, or are they going to add more content in the future?

I haven't bought any of it. It adds mostly cosmetics. You seem to get a lot of recipes out of it though. So if you plan on playing a lot past the story it might be worth it But it looks like the Aquarium Pack might be the one to get since it does include a new fishing island.

Nope, not for me. Then again, I don't really enjoy building. I bought and played them for DQ elements, hit it & quit it was enough, don't need to make this a whole relationship thing.

Fun games, but rolling credits was it.

I don't have the game yet, I will eventually, but too much on my plate, and I'd rather save up for a Switch atm.  This comes next, then a few other purchases...like a third physical copy of DQ7 3DS.

HOWEVER, if you're really into lego's and building things, or have played Builders 1, and your favourite part is Terra Incognita, and the building aspect, from what I've seen that's available from them, yes, they're worthwhile.  However, I stress Platy's point again, ONLY IF YOU LIKE BUILDING.  So I would highly suggest getting through the game, and if you really enjoy the post-game, which is just building as you please on the Isle of Awakening (and the other islands too, but mostly the IoA), then by all means get it.

I would consider spending a very good long time with the building aspects to see how you feel about it.  That way you'll know if you're spending your money wisely.

For me, it's a no brainer.  I LOVE the building aspect, and were it not for FAQual obligations, I would have put down my DQ11 copy, gotten DQB2, bought the expansion packs, beat the game, and just go to town.  That's me, because I very much enjoy the building aspect, and my mind goes nuts with what I could potentially build, and how to build it in the first game.  So this game for me is like...woooooooooooo....yeah, baby!

Anyhow, play with the building after you get through the game, not before, and then decide.

• Upvote 1

On 8/30/2019 at 7:38 PM, Plattym3 said:

Nope, not for me. Then again, I don't really enjoy building. I bought and played them for DQ elements, hit it & quit it was enough, don't need to make this a whole relationship thing.

Fun games, but rolling credits was it.

Hit it and Quit it. An excellent way to also Describe my relationship with the two games. I did enjoy them, more than anything for the familiar monsters and characters though. 

I think each game got about 60 hours out of me. In the very far future, I may replay them, but for now, I'm good.