Dakhil

Dragon Quest XI S Demo Available Now!

Posted (edited)

So Nintendo of Europe made an announcement today that the Dragon Quest XI S demo is available now!

https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/1164163127023456256

Begin your quest as the Luminary with the #DRAGON QUESTXI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age – Definitive Edition demo, out now!

Download now from #NintendoSwitch #eShop and carry your progress to the full game: bit.ly/2TO704s

ECfwMOjWwAUfhpU?format=jpg&name=small

And now, Nintendo of America has announced that the Dragon Quest XI S demo is available to download at the Nintendo eShop.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1164175325783154688  

Begin your quest as the Luminary with the #DragonQuest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age – Definitive Edition demo, out now!

Download now from #NintendoSwitch #eShop and carry your progress to the full game:  

ECf0NdEUYAUUxin?format=jpg&name=small

And now if you excuse me, I'll be playing the Dragon Quest XI S demo. 2019082106530300-57B4628D2267231D57E0FC1078C0596D.thumb.jpg.41747f8f384b46717944101f359e286f.jpg 

Feel free to give your impressions, screenshots, etc. of the Dragon Quest XI S demo.

Edited by Dakhil
  • Like 2

GameXplain is live streaming the Dragon Quest XI S demo right now.

I’ve started playing the demo already! Man, I’m SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy there is symphonic music in a western Dragon Quest release again! IS SOOO GOOOOOOOOD!!!

Ahem....anyway, I’m really liking the demo so far! There are 3 new Draconian settings you can select, you can choose to have the hero’s voice on or off, you can choose between the English or Japanese audio, and best of all all your progress in the demo can be carried over into the full game! I love it when RPGs have that in their demos. It’s like the Etrian Odyssey demos, which is really helpful in getting a head start in long games like RPGs.

Sadly, you can’t choose to start in 2D mode due to it being a demo and have to play in 3D mode. Bit of a shame, but oh well! Super glad Wednesdays are my day off so I can spend part of it playing the demo!

No 2D mode... 

😭

3 hours ago, Fates said:

No 2D mode... 

😭

Apparently there's also no option to use the reformed version of the Scrolls in the demo outside Japan, so it looks like that's one feature we won't get.

Awesome, really glad we got the demo as well. Can't wait to play it later tonight.

Also, the free DLC for Dragon Quest XI S is also available for download on the eShop as well.

It’s a shame the 2D mode will only be in the full version of the game, but I get it, you can’t put everything into the demo.

I’m sure I’ll start a 2D file once the full game hits, but for now I’m more than happy to play in 3D mode with symphonic suite.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Twinkie said:

Awesome, really glad we got the demo as well. Can't wait to play it later tonight.

Also, the free DLC for Dragon Quest XI S is also available for download on the eShop as well.

Only if you're purchasing the digital version of Dragon Quest XI S.

Forget what I've said. I was able to download the Champion's Pack from the Nintendo eShop. I thought you have to pre-purchase the game before getting the Champion's Pack, but I was wrong.

Edited by Dakhil

2 minutes ago, Dakhil said:

Nope. I was able to download it just fine without preordering the digital version.

• Like 1

What's the DLC?

2 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:
50 minutes ago, Dakhil said:

What's the DLC?

Costumes and I think some supplies

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

If you play the demo you can also unlock a spirit in Smash Bros.

OH REALLY?!

Is it a new Spirit or one of the ones already in the game that came with the DQ DLC?

Also, I can confirm you can download the DQ11 Switch DLC. It contains the two special vests of EXP and Gold, the Trodain outfit for the hero, Erik’s Wolf costume (it’s the one from the manga starring him FYI), the Boar costume for Veronica, and 5 seeds of skill. It shows up as a separate icon on my Switch home screen for the full game and says “You must have the software in order to play,” when clicking it, so it must not be accessible in the demo.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Is it a new Spirit or one of the ones already in the game that came with the DQ DLC?

A new Spirit entirely.

7 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

so it must not be accessible in the demo.

Can confirm it doesn't work with the demo.

So apparently, Gemma has a thing for stepping on top of barrels.

2019082112401400-DC083B2CD4ED80E7BC9C8AD7A279BB45.jpg

36 minutes ago, Twinkie said:

A new Spirit entirely.

Can confirm it doesn't work with the demo.

Do you have to finish the demo unlock it in Smash Bros? As of now I have all 1336 spirits currently available.

Good news for those who don’t like voice acting (which I think it like one or two people here on the Den): if you turn the voices to “Off,” in the options menu the cutscene dialogue will be in the classic DQ font speak sound effects.

Honeslty I’m happy about this because of one late game character and how damn threatening his “font voice,” sounded the one time you actually get to hear it in the PS4 version. I’ll probably stick with voice acting on, but it’s pretty sweet we have the option for the classic text sound effect in cutscenes.

• Like 1

Does anyone know if the cutscenes are different in 2d mode in the full game? Like will we see the opening with the spirit of time walking down the streets of Dundrasil in 2D or will they just show the regular video.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, AustNerevar said:

Does anyone know if the cutscenes are different in 2d mode in the full game? Like will we see the opening with the spirit of time walking down the streets of Dundrasil in 2D or will they just show the regular video.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

It will probably be the regular opening/CGI opening. When I played the 3DS version and swapped to 2D mode, all in game cutscenes were in the 2D style. But when it came to the CGI cutscenes, those were all the same as we saw in the PS4 version.

• Like 1

So Spawn Wave posted a video about his impressions about the Dragon Quest XI S demo; and it seems very positive (at least to me).

2 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Do you have to finish the demo unlock it in Smash Bros? As of now I have all 1336 spirits currently available.

I haven't beaten the demo, so I am not sure. I haven't unlocked it either. My guess is that it will be available in the next update.

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

I’ve started playing the demo already! Man, I’m SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy there is symphonic music in a western Dragon Quest release again! IS SOOO GOOOOOOOOD!!!

Ahem....anyway, I’m really liking the demo so far! There are 3 new Draconian settings you can select, you can choose to have the hero’s voice on or off, you can choose between the English or Japanese audio, and best of all all your progress in the demo can be carried over into the full game! I love it when RPGs have that in their demos. It’s like the Etrian Odyssey demos, which is really helpful in getting a head start in long games like RPGs.

Sadly, you can’t choose to start in 2D mode due to it being a demo and have to play in 3D mode. Bit of a shame, but oh well! Super glad Wednesdays are my day off so I can spend part of it playing the demo!

One of the draconians (hearsay) is underwhelming: MC death = game over. Easily solved by just not using the main character if you want to "scamaz" it. Other than that, game looks great, I wish I had a Switch to double dip. I expected more from Draconian settings, like random encounters as a toggle. I'm not mad, just sad.

Edit: Super Shypox looks delicious for RNG fans (yes, we are literally 2).

Edited by Kakugo

15 hours ago, Dakhil said:

So apparently, Gemma has a thing for stepping on top of barrels.

2019082112401400-DC083B2CD4ED80E7BC9C8AD7A279BB45.jpg

I'd smash both objects.

Anyways. The demo is around 10 hours, up to Galopolis. That is amazing especially since your progress carries over. Here - have a decent chunk of a great game for free...if you don't like it, oh well!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

I'd smash both objects.

Anyways. The demo is around 10 hours, up to Galopolis. That is amazing especially since your progress carries over. Here - have a decent chunk of a great game for free...if you don't like it, oh well!

Nice. That’s a pretty beefy demo in terms of length, and it works to show people what they can expect from the full game. It should give anyone on the fence the right idea if the game is one for them or if it’s one to pass on.