Sign in to follow this  
Plattym3

Upcoming Episodes - input from you!

So, if we were to somehow manage to get @Woodus on to answer some Q & A or talk DQXI, do any of you have questions you'd like to see answered? 

(can I block Woodus from answering here??? :wink:)

I would like to know a bit about the history of the den and what led him to make it, though that may have already been answered elsewhere.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

An idea that suggests itself to me is "how DQ characters/tropes evolve from game to game?" (e.g. the history of Lamia).

I still need to listen to the first one, but I'm currently missing my headphones.

• Like 1

I’d love to hear two people who really know and understand the lore discuss it clearly, at length and depth. I’d enjoy hearing how all the threads run through the games and how the timeline works.

It would also be neat to hear the personal roller coaster ride of what it’s been like to be a DQ fan outside Japan, always hoping the next one is gonna break through, always knowing how different it is in Japan, knowing the legacy of so many more commercially popular games owes so much to DQ, trying to get friends into it, kind of enjoying your “private, secret” game. Like that. That sounds like a fun conversation to me.

It might also be interesting to hear a discussion of innovations that really worked (and may or may not have returned) and those that didn’t. Of course this will be subjective, but it could be interesting to hear. Also, ideas for the future. For example, if DQXII was an action RPG with no menu-based combat, could that work? Could you have three to five AI Companions? Can the series continue without either Sugiyama’s music (or even his style), Toriyama’s design (or even his aesthetic), Horii’s vision (or even his approach and tropes)? Stuff like that?

Edited by JustACorpse
  • Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, JustACorpse said:

trying to get friends into it, kind of enjoying your “private, secret” game.

I was in a video game club in college a few years ago and during our brief introduction circle, I indicated that Dragon Quest was my favorite series. I got a bunch of blank stares and one nod of mutual acknowledgment.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Having started, I can now think of things I'd like to hear discussed, but it's mostly selfish niche material like character, lore, and story analysis.

• Like 1