image.png

Edited by Democrobot

F5F9AA18-DCA0-4D4E-9276-008865FAE82E.jpeg.a6c113ca9721a87f3a79b77584472585.jpeg

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, eal said:

F5F9AA18-DCA0-4D4E-9276-008865FAE82E.jpeg.a6c113ca9721a87f3a79b77584472585.jpeg

image.png

• Like 1

What are they banning him for? Because if someone has the skill to handle him, it unbalances the FGC scene?

It's easier to crap all over a game series they've never played than to admit they were uninformed about a 30 year old franchise that's had a hand in influencing practically every RPG they've ever played.

18 minutes ago, Liamland said:

It's easier to crap all over a game series they've never played than to admit they were uninformed about a 30 year old franchise that's had a hand in influencing practically every RPG they've ever played.

I don’t know what was going through their heads when they made this decision, but I’m about 99% certain this wasn’t it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bururian said:

What are they banning him for? Because if someone has the skill to handle him, it unbalances the FGC scene?

They say he's too RNG. Apparently one guy landed nothing but critical hits and got 0% instant kills with Whack/Thwack. Theoretically the same odds can be applied to Peach and G&W for their RNG (technically Daisy too but her turnips are a nerfed version of Peach's). If we want to be real though, no player worth their salt would risk the Whack/Thwack at that low of a percentage when you can use pretty much any other spell/ability for an easy 30% or do some quick combos for damage. And the actual odds of anyone being that lucky with crits is such a poor argument because it has to apply to all RNG based moves in the game.

31 minutes ago, Liamland said:

They banned Hero because they can't git gud.

13 minutes ago, eal said:

I don’t know what was going through their heads when they made this decision, but I’m about 99% certain this wasn’t it.

It wasn't. Essentially given how small the community for Smash is there they decided they just don't like him. He isn't popular enough to sit with them.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Democrobot said:

They say he's too RNG. Apparently one guy landed nothing but critical hits and got 0% instant kills with Whack/Thwack. Theoretically the same odds can be applied to Peach and G&W for their RNG (technically Daisy too but her turnips are a nerfed version of Peach's). If we want to be real though, no player worth their salt would risk the Whack/Thwack at that low of a percentage when you can use pretty much any other spell/ability for an easy 30% or do some quick combos for damage. And the actual odds of anyone being that lucky with crits is such a poor argument because it has to apply to all RNG based moves in the game.

They banned Hero because they can't git gud.

It wasn't. Essentially given how small the community for Smash is there they decided they just don't like him. He isn't popular enough to sit with them.

Ah, I see. I thought this was about his inclusion in the game at all, based on how a fraction of the Smash fans reacted to the announcement.

How realistic is it for the developers to care enough to write a patch to fix that?

Edited by Liamland

33 minutes ago, Liamland said:

Ah, I see. I thought this was about his inclusion in the game at all, based on how a fraction of the Smash fans reacted to the announcement.

I can at least agree with you that the Smash community does like to overreact lol.

42 minutes ago, Liamland said:

How realistic is it for the developers to care enough to write a patch to fix that?

Considering this would mean removing his down special and eliminating critical hits all together, I would say not going to happen

1 hour ago, Democrobot said:

Considering this would mean removing his down special and eliminating critical hits all together, I would say not going to happen

They could just nerf some of the damage that Magic Burst and Kaboom do.

All this clamoring for balance irks me in these types of games though. The only reason why unbalanced characters need to be banned is because other unbalanced characters are already banned. Pokemon has this problem. Some characters are just better than others, that's the way that video games work on a fundamental level. These games wouldn't be fun if all the characters were the same.

That said, I'm only a casual Smash player (having only played this game and the 3DS smash), so what do I know?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AustNerevar said:

That still wouldn't be enough. They say he has too many moves, too much range, hits too hard/fast, etc. Smash players only want final destination, no items, Fox only on Melee

4 hours ago, AustNerevar said:

It isn't the damage that is the problem. It is the knockback it causes and how safe magic burst is. Only 3 characters can even recover from ledge from it. Which in itself is saying something. Some are suggesting on not having having lingering hit boxes so having the timing be more precise to land it. That or just remove knockback all together.

Either way, the whole banning of hero is just scrub talk. They didn't ban him for being over powered. They banned him for having a lot of RNG which is "anti-competitive". I have a Smash tournament tomorrow and I will switch to Hero if I hear people complaining about him being OP. It is this kind of dumb stuff coming out of the Smash community that makes the FGC disrespect them.

But what can you say. Scrubs gonna scrub.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Twinkie said:

It isn't the damage that is the problem. It is the knockback it causes and how safe magic burst is. Only 3 characters can even recover from ledge from it. Which in itself is saying something. Some are suggesting on not having having lingering hit boxes so having the timing be more precise to land it. That or just remove knockback all together.

Either way, the whole banning of hero is just scrub talk. They didn't ban him for being over powered. They banned him for having a lot of RNG which is "anti-competitive". I have a Smash tournament tomorrow and I will switch to Hero if I hear people complaining about him being OP. It is this kind of dumb stuff coming out of the Smash community that makes the FGC disrespect them.

Yeah, I have to agree with you on why the FGC doesn’t like the Smash crowd much. The Smash community is...an interesting beast to watch from a distant, which is the nicest way I can put it. 

11 minutes ago, Twinkie said:

Bring the maximum disrespect to all the haters. We should get #HoesMad to trend

Posted (edited)

Wait...every video I've seen, Magic Burst is easy to kick someone out of with most specials, and most items.  It's more a matter of paying attention to the battlefield.  Smash, if anything, is one of the most balanced games.  If a character is too powerful in moves, another might have more speed, or a really awesome defense or superior item options...something always to give an advantage.  It's also a move that takes time to charge.

Crit nerfing would make sense in lieu of Smash mechanics, it would require rewriting the RNG code itself, and how it processes.  From everything I've seen, it doesn't trigger very often, and then you get a crit spam.  That's pretty typical, and means it's a very small and random window where you'll get any critical damage.  Plus the moveset makes for periods of non-action in choosing in the menu, leaving a character semi-open, and allows for retaliation.  Again, it's a matter of keeping watch on the field, and not focusing on individual characters.

It doesn't even take much effort to tweak behaviour and learn how to handle the battlefield.  I get that it's more crazy and wild with more character types, and different forms of flashy attacks to pay attention to, but it's not like a shooter, where you have to pay that much attention to the battlefield, and memorize the layout, specific drop points, hiding spots, etc., or how to handle different types of players.  It takes a little time to adjust strategy, and it isn't like you're dealing with Hacks that grant bullet through walls, or head-shot immunity that you'll find on PC shooters (less so today, but it still pops up on Steam...or hell Battlenet rigged games using hacks to change the map type from a pre-crafted triggered map where certain players will get special bonuses for their base early, to a normal melee).  So it really is about pure skill.

Edited by ignasia

On 8/17/2019 at 2:51 AM, ignasia said:

Wait...every video I've seen, Magic Burst is easy to kick someone out of with most specials, and most items. 

High end players are not using Magic Burst like that. It is too unsafe. If you watch high end play you will notice that Hero mains only open menu in between respawns, or edge guarding. Outside of that Magic is pretty much only used for Frizz. Once an opponent does get knocked out, that Magic Burst is going to be a guaranteed kill. Yes, it is random to get it and it does use up all your MP. But MP restores pretty damn fast, and you can also cycle the menu 3 or 4 times during an edge guard to get it. Only 3 characters in the entire game can escape Magic Burst. Snake being one of them thanks to his grenades.

Yeah, Smash is pretty well balanced for how many fighters it has. But there is no way that Magic Burst is anywhere close to being balanced.

On 8/17/2019 at 1:18 AM, Democrobot said:

Bring the maximum disrespect to all the haters. We should get #HoesMad to trend

I didn't even have to. There was one person there who was playing Hero and got matched up against a guy in the semi finals who was complaining about him. He ended up styling on him pretty damn hard.

16 minutes ago, Twinkie said:

I need a gif of this of Eleven dancing for Sylvando's parade.

Ask and ye shall receive.

spacer.png

• Like 2

14 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Ask and ye shall receive.

spacer.png

@Dwaine  Auditory rape aside...yeah, that works.

• Like 1

If you play it just right it syncs up.

Not just with the hero, but with the trumpet guy too.

• Like 2