Plattym3

Episode 001 - Liamland & Plattym3

8 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

Yep, we need to get him off the iPad and on his mic!  I actually listened to the whole thing straight through today for the first time and noticed he trailed off more near the end.  It's a pain in the butt getting that mic a correct distance and then holding it there.  I swear I'm all over the place when I do RPGamer ones they tell me.  The headset I have now works pretty good as long as I remember to move it when I cough/drink and then move it back right into place.

Oh, and THANK YOU!

Thanks for the little shout out in there too. That was pretty funny when you got to the music part on your interview. 😜

Just now, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Thanks for the little shout out in there too. That was pretty funny when you got to the music part on your interview. 😜

IIRC, that was the last thing we were talking about before we started recording. Liam mentioned he was going to ask that & I started good-naturedly grumbling about the music and he was all "we need to be recording this as part of the podcast!" 

Posted (edited)

I have two alternative mic options, but my only other computer that can use skype is my work laptop. I'm not sure my corporate skype on my work machine will connect properly to Platty. When I was a guest on Puff Puff Hour I originally tried having them call me on my work skype so I could use my podcast mic, and they weren't able to connect--they dialed my number and it didn't ring on my side. I must have tried calling them, too, and it didn't work. As a result I used my iPad and my wife's DJ headphones which have a wired mic. That's what I used for Episode 1 as well.

We'll fix the audio when we rerelease the first episode in 20 years as the Special Edition, in which everyone will argue that Platty shot first.

My podcast mic is USB connection so it won't connect to the iPad. My other option is a headset for a Steambox that I bought in 2016. I think it's a USB connection. Will test out both at some point to see which is better quality.

I hear ya, you can't hear me. 😉

Edited by Liamland

23 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

On your phone, click our hosting RSS feed & see if it'll open in either of those apps. I was surprised to find when I did that yesterday, it automatically pulled the podcast into the app I use.

https://anchor.fm/s/d4a5800/podcast/rss

It's listed on Stitcher now if you search for it in app!

1 minute ago, AlefgardHero said:

It's listed on Stitcher now if you search for it in app!

Great. I applied there last night too. Glad one way or the other it went through! 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

EDIT: Posted this message in the wrong forum. Sorry.

Edited by JaybirdC

Looking forward to your next episode guys ^_^

• Like 1

Getting ready for a move this weekend from slightly upstate NY to Palisades Park, NJ, so our recording this week got pushed back a week. Episode 2 is in the works, though, and we should be recording soon.

4 minutes ago, Liamland said:

Getting ready for a move this weekend from slightly upstate NY to Palisades Park, NJ, so our recording this week got pushed back a week. Episode 2 is in the works, though, and we should be recording soon.

If I survive. :overjoyed2:

144746_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png 

Indeed. If Platty survives.

Odds are currently higher of that happening! 154184da45efab4874b2a63449c5213c.jpg

Odds are currently higher of that happening! 154184da45efab4874b2a63449c5213c.jpg

How far inland are you? If you don't mind sharing that info here.

31 minutes ago, AustNerevar said:
17 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

How far inland are you? If you don't mind sharing that info here.

I'm a tiny bit north of the L in the FL. We weathered Irma here with some branches down and got a new roof out of it. This is going to be historically devistating if it actually comes ashore. Gonna be horrible on the coast no matter what. 

On ‎9‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 6:01 PM, Plattym3 said:

I'm a tiny bit north of the L in the FL. We weathered Irma here with some branches down and got a new roof out of it. This is going to be historically devistating if it actually comes ashore. Gonna be horrible on the coast no matter what. 

I've only "experienced" a hurricane via the tail end of Sandy up in New Hampshire. Stay safe, we'll be here when you get back.

I've only "experienced" a hurricane via the tail end of Sandy up in New Hampshire. Stay safe, we'll be here when you get back.
Yeah, that hit the weekend of my wedding. We had guests from up north that couldn't fly home for days. Oops

How's everyone doing, down in hurricane territory?

6 minutes ago, Liamland said:

How's everyone doing, down in hurricane territory?

Too sunny

Too hot

Lost 2 palm fronds in the storm.  Poor tree will never be the same... likely healthier.

• Like 1