Plattym3

Episode 001 - Liamland & Plattym3

Posted (edited)

Hey all!

@Liamland and I were able to get some kid & wife-free time last night and record our first podcast!  It's basically us just interviewing each other and talking about DQ stuff in general.  We've uploaded it to our host (it'll be here on the Den too) and we've submitted it to iTunes for approval. 

Here's the link to where it's hosted online at Anchor.fm https://anchor.fm/podcast-d4a5800/episodes/Episode-001---Liam-and-Platty-e4tg94

Question for you all: how to you listen to podcasts?  I've used an app called Podcast Addict for over a year. It just pulls from the iTunes catalog.

Edited by Plattym3

Posted (edited)

I listen on iTunes and YouTube. I can cast it onto my TV with the latter option and can go about my day with it on in the background.

Edited by eal
  • Like 1

I never really listened to podcasts all that much until the DQ ones started coming out, so I am up for suggestions. I do have PuffPuff in my Plex server, need to add FM there and Slime Time when it is released and see how that works.

I never really listened to podcasts all that much until the DQ ones started coming out, so I am up for suggestions. I do have PuffPuff in my Plex server, need to add FM there and Slime Time when it is released and see how that works.
Can you find PuffPuff through the podcasts feature on Plex or did you just dload them?

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

FYI, I updated the first post to put the podcast link there. Hopefully we get on iTunes soon too!

Enjoyed it! Just gotta find a way to get an mp3 version for storage on my Plex server.

Listened to it on a drive. The hosts have good chemistry.
For the uninitiated, here’s the Maribel topic Platty mentions. It’s a worthwhile read just for the salt: https://www.woodus.com/forums/topic/35106-maribel-sucks/?tab=comments#comment-474081

Thanks! I really appreciate it! I want to try to mention some of our more important/hilarious topics from time to time!
Enjoyed it! Just gotta find a way to get an mp3 version for storage on my Plex server.

Send me a PM with an email address you can get a file shared via Google!

Sounded good, ya'll!

• Like 1

On 8/9/2019 at 9:17 PM, AustNerevar said:

Can you find PuffPuff through the podcasts feature on Plex or did you just dload them?

I pointed it at the Achor.fm page and it found them for me via the podcasts section of plex.  I was able to add Slime Time that was as well, otherwise I have the MP3 on the Slime Time Episodes page @Plattym3 adding Platty to this as well so he knows I have the MP3 and MP4 versions on the Den. MP4 version just has the logo in with it at this time.

https://www.woodus.com/den/slimetime/episodes.php

• Like 1

I pointed it at the Achor.fm page and it found them for me via the podcasts section of plex.  I was able to add Slime Time that was as well, otherwise I have the MP3 on the Slime Time Episodes page [mention=6859]Plattym3[/mention] adding Platty to this as well so he knows I have the MP3 and MP4 versions on the Den. MP4 version just has the logo in with it at this time.
https://www.woodus.com/den/slimetime/episodes.php

Weird, why is the MP3 160MB?

Looking at my copy, it's only ~64MB
6b377efe2988f5d2f065a0ee5bfbccce.jpg

It isn't that is the size for the video, not the MP3, I will change the column header to specify that.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Giving it a listen now. I'd love to see it on Castbox. Like I said on Twitter I'm always available to gush about Dragon Quest 3, probably on the GBC, though I have played a little bit of each version.

Edited by DrippySlimeStar
  • Like 1

Giving it a listen now. I'd love to see it on Castbox. Like I said on Twitter I'm always available to gush about Dragon Quest 3, probably on the GBC, though I have played a little bit of each version.
I just briefly searched and I think once it's on iTunes, you'll be able to find it most everywhere. ITunes approval is taking forever. I've read it's a few days to a few weeks.

16 hours ago, Woodus said:

It isn't that is the size for the video, not the MP3, I will change the column header to specify that.

I added the MP4 size and MP3 size to the list on the Den.  @Plattym3 Would you like me to upload the MP4 to the Den's Youtube page?

I added the MP4 size and MP3 size to the list on the Den.  [mention=6859]Plattym3[/mention] Would you like me to upload the MP4 to the Den's Youtube page?
Sure!

22 minutes ago, Woodus said:

I added the MP4 size and MP3 size to the list on the Den.  @Plattym3 Would you like me to upload the MP4 to the Den's Youtube page?

Ooo I would totally listen to it on YouTube as well. Really anywhere that lets me listen on 1 device and pick up my progress on another.

17 minutes ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

Ooo I would totally listen to it on YouTube as well. Really anywhere that lets me listen on 1 device and pick up my progress on another.

40 minutes ago, Woodus said:

I’d listen to it on YouTube at well.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, AlefgardHero said:

Stitcher or Google Podcasts are the two apps I use.

On your phone, click our hosting RSS feed & see if it'll open in either of those apps. I was surprised to find when I did that yesterday, it automatically pulled the podcast into the app I use.

https://anchor.fm/s/d4a5800/podcast/rss

Been listening to it this morning. You guys have a good back and forth @Liamland and @Plattym3! Only thing I have complaint wise is that Liamland’s audio is a little on the quite side.

57 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

On your phone, click our hosting RSS feed & see if it'll open in either of those apps. I was surprised to find when I did that yesterday, it automatically pulled the podcast into the app I use.

https://anchor.fm/s/d4a5800/podcast/rss

This should work for pulling into Plex as well if anyone uses that for home media serving.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Been listening to it this morning. You guys have a good back and forth @Liamland and @Plattym3! Only thing I have complaint wise is that Liamland’s audio is a little on the quite side.

Yep, we need to get him off the iPad and on his mic!  I actually listened to the whole thing straight through today for the first time and noticed he trailed off more near the end.  It's a pain in the butt getting that mic a correct distance and then holding it there.  I swear I'm all over the place when I do RPGamer ones they tell me.  The headset I have now works pretty good as long as I remember to move it when I cough/drink and then move it back right into place.

Oh, and THANK YOU!

Edited by Plattym3