Sign in to follow this  
Dakhil

Dragon Quest XI S Nintendo Trailers/Tweets Thread

4 hours ago, Twinkie said:

The game came out in mid 2017 in Japan. We got a lot of extra features that the original JPN release didn't. They are now just getting the ability to sprint and have voice acting after 2 and a half years of wait. This version of the game was announced well before the Nintendo Switch was revealed to the public. So we knew it was going to be out well before. SE stated themselves that this version of the game was going to include extra features several months before the game was released outside of Japan.

I want the content on PC and PS4 like everyone else. But to get upset over it is just dumb. This information was easily available online for months before the PS4 and PC release. Also this isn't "beneath" Square. Final Fantasy XV was a damn good example of this. As far as I am concerned they are just as bad.

There are also people who think that the PlayStation 4 and Steam versions of Dragon Quest XI seem like unfinished games after Nintendo formally announced Dragon Quest XI S releasing in the West at the February Nintendo Direct, which I personally don't get at all.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, ErdrickRotoLotoOrtega said:

Nothing wrong with double-dipping. We always double-dip with the franchises we love. ;) 

Yeah, I'm not trying to sound like a gloating jerk or anything. I was envious of all the people who owned PS4's who bought this game when it released. I just sat there, breathed a sigh and thought: "It's only a matter of time before they bring it over to Nintendo.".

That's why I'm yammering on this--they exceeded my expectations. I thought they'd throw us a bone and give the Western version a 3DS release. Instead, not ONLY did they shock me by giving it a Switch release but they also shocked me by throwing all these exclusive features in.

I was afforded a rare opportunity to buy my Switch on the console's release year (something I usually can never afford to do with new console releases) and it's been paying off ever since. I feel like I'm being rewarded for my years of loyalty to Nintendo lately with all these ports like Doom, Wolfenstein and now this all coming over.

I'm just excited. How often do we Nintendo fans get "the better edition"? Not often.

Absolutely. Beggars can't be choosers and I wanted XI so badly that I would have so settled for a localized 3DS port and nothing else.

Plus, the Playstation-only owners could import the 3DS version as you did and get the majority of the Switch bonus right there.

Importing isn’t always feasible though. I imported the game because I had originally imported a JP 3DS due to the long wait we had for DQ7 3DS, so I caved and imported one. Worked out because I was able to import some of the other Japan exclusive 3DS games for a good price, but if I didn’t have a JP 3DS I wouldn’t have bothered.

More people are likely to buy a Switch nowadays for DQ11 S or just for other games on the system. Not many people would import/mod a 3DS just to play the 3DS version, especially if they don’t understand Japanese. I did because I had one and because I’m a big enough fan of the series.

I get some people aren’t happy about the Definitive Edition, but like I said, the PS4/Steam version is still the same great game minus a few bonuses.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

1 hour ago, Dakhil said:

There are also people who think that the PlayStation 4 and Steam versions of Dragon Quest XI seem like unfinished games after Nintendo formally announced Dragon Quest XI S releasing in the West at the February Nintendo Direct, which I personally don't get at all.

I don't get it either. I played through the game doing literally everything you can. At no point in the game did I feel like anything was cut or unfinished. They probably never played a truly unfinished game.

Speaking about weird complaints, when there's footage of Jade in a blue bunny suit, I've seen some people claim that Nintendo's forcing Square Enix to censor Dragon Quest XI S and/or Square Enix is self censoring Dragon Quest XI S, which doesn't make any sense to me.

2 hours ago, Dakhil said:

Speaking about weird complaints, when there's footage of Jade in a blue bunny suit, I've seen some people claim that Nintendo's forcing Square Enix to censor Dragon Quest XI S and/or Square Enix is self censoring Dragon Quest XI S, which doesn't make any sense to me.

People can’t seem to get that any “censoring,” is something that Horii approves of/calls for the changes so the games can get an A CERO rating in Japan (essentially the E for Everyone rating we have in the US via the ESRB or Europe’s 3+ PEGI rating). That’s why the 3DS version of DQ8 had a number of outfit changes for Jessica, Red, and female warriors.

As for the blue bunny girl outfit, that’s probably a reference to the outfit the female Goof-offs/Gadabouts wear in DQ3. If people are claiming that that outfit it some kind of censorship, they must not realize blue bunny girl outfits have been with the series since 1988.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Importing isn’t always feasible though. I imported the game because I had originally imported a JP 3DS due to the long wait we had for DQ7 3DS, so I caved and imported one. Worked out because I was able to import some of the other Japan exclusive 3DS games for a good price, but if I didn’t have a JP 3DS I wouldn’t have bothered.

More people are likely to buy a Switch nowadays for DQ11 S or just for other games on the system. Not many people would import/mod a 3DS just to play the 3DS version, especially if they don’t understand Japanese. I did because I had one and because I’m a big enough fan of the series.

I get some people aren’t happy about the Definitive Edition, but like I said, the PS4/Steam version is still the same great game minus a few bonuses.

I would have been genuinely happy if all we received was a direct port to the PS4 version and nothing else. All this "bonus" content and 2D Mode are just that to me: nice bonuses. I had NO expectation of us getting that 2D mode over here but was, thankfully, wrong.

I've read about all these bonuses and, unless I'm missing something, you'll get the same basic experience from the Switch version as you would the PS4. All that bonus content seems like stuff only die hard gamers might be incensed about. Most of the commenters on youtube don't even seem to care about the 2D mode. All I ever see is: "Yeah, that 2D mode is neat but I'm not really interested in using it", "Some nice nostalgia but what was the point of including it?" and a few from people I suspect are VERY young: "Why are those little people moving in place in the 2D mode?". LOL! Those ones really made me laugh. The younger generation today isn't used to that. Sometimes I forget that and have to remind myself that I've been alive since the 80's while many of the people who will buy this game will be far younger due to Smash exposing them to this franchise.

I'm also amazed by the sheer number of people who were commenting on this game and saying: "This is my first Dragon Quest". Wow! That many people never noticed this series all these years. Just shows how much these Builders and Smash releases probably DID affect exposure.

Regardless, my point is that a very large number of people don't even seem that interested in 2D mode if at all and that seems to be the brunt of the significant bonus content from what I've read.

7 hours ago, Dakhil said:

LOL! People like that must not have much exposure to the series. If the want to see censorship, they need look no further than some of the earlier games which removed things like crosses, coffins, Puff-Puff girls, etc. THAT was censorship.

5 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

People can’t seem to get that any “censoring,” is something that Horii approves of/calls for the changes so the games can get an A CERO rating in Japan (essentially the E for Everyone rating we have in the US via the ESRB or Europe’s 3+ PEGI rating). That’s why the 3DS version of DQ8 had a number of outfit changes for Jessica, Red, and female warriors.

As for the blue bunny girl outfit, that’s probably a reference to the outfit the female Goof-offs/Gadabouts wear in DQ3. If people are claiming that that outfit it some kind of censorship, they must not realize blue bunny girl outfits have been with the series since 1988.

This furthers what I said in an earlier post about many comments on Youtube signaling many people either haven't played this series at all or are very young and only played some of the more recent games. You can especially tell that about the ones who always complain about the "simplicity" of this series.

• Like 1

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1177221284129845248

#DragonQuest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age – Definitive Edition releases for #NintendoSwitch tomorrow! Goo else is ready?

dragonquest.nintendo.com/dq11

EFVf44BU4AEA_8s?format=jpg&name=large

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1177281681444745217

Meet the young mage Veronica & her mild-mannered twin Serena in #DragonQuest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition! The rich personalities of your companions and enemies are brought to life with voiced dialogue, so you can fully immerse yourself in this epic quest! 

Edited by Dakhil

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1177583672150519810 

The final two adventurers that join the Luminary are the noble martial artist Jade and the mysterious old man Rab. Embark on a grand adventure in #DragonQuest XI S: Echoes of Elusive Age - Definitive Edition, available now for #NintendoSwitch!

dragonquest.nintendo.com/dq11/

Edited by Dakhil

https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/1177508174238121990

To celebrate the launch of #DragonQuestXI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age – Definitive Edition, here's a special message from DRAGON QUEST series creator Yuji Horii and the game's producer, Hokuto Okamoto!

Edited by Dakhil
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Dakhil said:

God bless that beautiful bastard Yuji Horii. It would be truly awesome to meet him and tell him Dragon Quest VII is the best game in the series and tell him how great the series is.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit
  • Like 1

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1177644068777664512

The developers of #DragonQuest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age – Definitive Edition detail 3 points about this RPG that you might not know. Join the Luminary and his friends in the latest entry of this iconic series, now available on #NintendoSwitch!

Edited by Dakhil
  • Like 1

On 9/27/2019 at 11:31 AM, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

God bless that beautiful bastard Yuji Horii. It would be truly awesome to meet him and tell him Dragon Quest VII is the best game in the series and tell him how great the series is.

LOL.  My sentiments exactly.  Then I'd show him my Super Kiefer file...only to get dragged away by security.

• Like 1

LOL.  My sentiments exactly.  Then I'd show him my Super Kiefer file...only to get dragged away by security.
They've read your posts, they'd have spotted you long before you're close enough.
  • Like 1

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1178731232307417090

#DragonQuest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age – Definitive Edition Director Masato Yagi describes the signature style of DRAGON QUEST that has made this iconic role-playing series so enduring.

EFurFRaUcAAiEI3?format=jpg&name=medium

• Like 2

Dragon Quest XI S starts at 2:11 if the video doesn't automatically jump to there.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1179123822680657920

Every location in #DragonQuest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age – Definitive Edition can be seen in gorgeous HD vistas, or the 2D 16-bit glory of old. Which visual style are you playing with? dragonquest.nintendo.com/dq11/

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1179456008608858112

A massive game is now even bigger! Each member of the supporting cast takes the spotlight for their own individual character story in #DragonQuest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age – Definitive Edition. Whose story are you most excited to play through?

Edited by Dakhil

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1179803297097666566

Even more monsters are rideable in #DragonQuest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age – Definitive Edition. Ride on the back of a Great Sabrecat, Slime Knight, and even a Spitzfire!

Edited by Dakhil

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1180165687886659586

Rab & Jade - 1

King Slime - 0

No foe stands a chance against Rab and Jade's Special Pep Power, Whacky Sack. What are your favorite Pep Powers in #DragonQuest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age – Definitive Edition?

bit.ly/31St54Q

Edited by Dakhil

And here's a Dragon Quest XI S trailer with sounds effects, voice acting, and no music.

Edited by Dakhil