Sign in to follow this  
Dakhil

Look at all those Slimes!

The Rockettes of RPG mascots.

I will not lie, my first thought went to the "Look at all of those chickens" vine upon reading the title

Other than that, I liked the video and the multitude of slimes.

Not the first Japanese video in a large room with mirrors, and a similar amount of jiggling.

Much cooler this! My kids were hypnotized by the slimes.

We need more variety of slimes. Like this.

671E6913-095A-419F-A63F-E46F9CBFB815.jpeg.2167488fbda15ca3bf4cfa6e4af0f206.jpeg

• Like 3

On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 11:00 AM, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

We need more variety of slimes. Like this.

671E6913-095A-419F-A63F-E46F9CBFB815.jpeg.2167488fbda15ca3bf4cfa6e4af0f206.jpeg

I haven't seen half of these slimes in games and I've finished all but 6 & 7. Are they mostly in side games like the Monsters ones?

I haven't seen half of these slimes in games and I've finished all but 6 & 7. Are they mostly in side games like the Monsters ones?
Yes. And/or the Slime Mori Mori games as well.

18 minutes ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

Yes, a good chunk of them are from spin-off games. It’s in those games, especially the Monsters ones, that the slime family tree goes in all kinds of crazy but awesome directions.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Plattym3 said:
1 hour ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

Yes. And/or the Slime Mori Mori games as well.

I gotta try Rocket Slime again one of these days...I never get past the first few boss fights. I love the concept of raiding an enemy base and sabotaging it from the inside.

Edited by DrippySlimeStar
  • Like 1

I gotta try Rocket Slime again one of these days...I never get past the first few boss fights. I love the concept of raiding an enemy base and sabotaging it from the inside.
Literally that's all I ever did. I barely remember loading a cannon, I just sabotaged all the time.

13 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Yes, a good chunk of them are from spin-off games. It’s in those games, especially the Monsters ones, that the slime family tree goes in all kinds of crazy but awesome directions.

Missing quite a few too, but amazing how many they were able to pack in there...also what the heck is that super-sized LMS in the slightly upper middle left?  There's also two different types of standard metal slimes.  Also two She and normal Slimes.

Then there's one that looks like a PKJ, only with a small face and a huge strange cap thingie.

From what I can see, no:

• Platinum King Jewel 
  • Snow Slime
  • Borg Slime
  • Creme Caraslime
  • Metal Medley
  • Gem Jamboree
  • Dark Slime
  • Slime Emperor
  • Medislime
  • Mottle She-Slime
  • Mottle Mendslime
  • Seaslime
  • Man o' War
  • Sting Slime
  • Slionheart
  • Prime Slime

That's all I could think of that isn't present in that mega slime collage photo.  Would be interesting if maybe DQ6's next remake keeps the recruitment system as it is now, but changes things a bit...like adds in every single slime in the entire series, and half of them are random rewards in battle...like tag-alongs that only appear under two conditions:

1) You've recruited certain slimes through the story, and 
2) you have a Monster Master in the party.

Each one in a different region throughout the game.  You know they're present because a shadow appears in battle near the back, and they appear behind trees, watching the party, randomly popping out.

Yeah, yeah, dreamworld, but that would be a cool element to have.  Maybe some of them having a special transformation technique that allows becoming a different monster, each one being unique to the specific slimes.  Between them all the original recruits from DQ6 are represented, and with them DQ5 recruits.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ignasia said:

...also what the heck is that super-sized LMS in the slightly upper middle left?

It's a Liquid Metal Slime King. Debuted in Joker 2 Pro.

• Like 3

Wasn't it in the Slime Mori Mori before?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GrandAlchemist said:

It's a Liquid Metal Slime King. Debuted in Joker 2 Pro.

Yep, this is what it is/where it comes from @ignasia. One of the trailers for Joker 2 Professional shows off the LMSK appearing in the sky and flying around while the player tries to follow after it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dwaine said:

Wasn't it in the Slime Mori Mori before?

It's entirely possible. I haven't really played the Slime Mori Mori games. Put about 20 minutes in to the GBA one and 45 minutes in to the DS one. I just remember seeing it in the Joker 2 Pro trailer and thinking it was new.

15 minutes ago, GrandAlchemist said:

It's entirely possible. I haven't really played the Slime Mori Mori games. Put about 20 minutes in to the GBA one and 45 minutes in to the DS one. I just remember seeing it in the Joker 2 Pro trailer and thinking it was new.

It’s not in Rocket Slime, so unless it appears somewhere in the first Slime Morimori game Joker 2 Pro marks its first appearance.

20 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

You following ole Platty on Twitter or the Dragon Questers Facebook group?

I follow you on the Twitters but yeah I think I saw this on the Dragon Questers group.

Edited by DrippySlimeStar
  • Like 1

We follow each other on the Twitters but yeah I think I saw this on the Dragon Questers group.
My secret identity is compromised!
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:
10 minutes ago, DrippySlimeStar said:
We follow each other on the Twitters but yeah I think I saw this on the Dragon Questers group.

My secret identity is compromised!

Yeah I saw one of your posts in the FB group and was like...huh, so that's what Platty looks like. I also met @Liamland at PAX East this year and it was cool to put a voice and face to an online account.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

That's a trip.  Still quite a few missing, but quite a few I've never seen (like 20+).  There must be over 100 different slimes now.  Would be really awesome for a game that actually had all of them in.  Like...oh, I don't know, maybe DQ12, if it has 600+ enemies like 11 does, has only distinct enemies rather than powered up versions of older foes.  It kind of pains me that most of the monsters and gaiden game originals never make it to the main series.  So many really cool slimes.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ignasia said:

That's a trip.  Still quite a few missing, but quite a few I've never seen (like 20+).  There must be over 100 different slimes now.  Would be really awesome for a game that actually had all of them in.  Like...oh, I don't know, maybe DQ12, if it has 600+ enemies like 11 does, has only distinct enemies rather than powered up versions of older foes.  It kind of pains me that most of the monsters and gaiden game originals never make it to the main series.  So many really cool slimes.

I'll always prefer unique monsters to recolors but not everyone has the resources to do such a thing. I can't remember the title but I remember hearing a point in a video that games like Pokémon don't have 3 different color Caterpies that are stronger than the last.

• Like 2

I'll always prefer unique monsters to recolors but not everyone has the resources to do such a thing. I can't remember the title but I remember hearing a point in a video that games like Pokémon don't have 3 different color Caterpies that are stronger than the last.

Yeah, they've got all unique ones in Pokémon, thus them finally having to cut back & not put every monster in every game. Whatever? I've been used to that in every DQ & DQM game ever. Haha

That's the difference between DQ which sells 3 million or less of most games & Pokémon that's in the 10s of millions.

• Like 2