Sign in to follow this  

Good evening,

I do not have the 3DS version of the game, only the PS2 version. I found an website about Marcello, one of my favorite characters, and there is written something like he have feelings for someone in the 3DS version, and a temporary character is quoted "Xiroara". I did not understand everything, here is the link :

https://dragonquest.fandom.com/wiki/Marcello

I would like to see these moments in a let's play (because I don't have this game). Can you tell me more about this info ? And when is this moment on game (I can search in a let's play) ?

Thank you so much.

I think the Dragon Quest Fandom Wiki is wrong. As far as I know, Xiroara doesn't exist at all in the Nintendo 3DS version of Dragon Quest VIII.

57 minutes ago, Dakhil said:

I think the Dragon Quest Fandom Wiki is wrong. As far as I know, Xiroara doesn't exist at all in the Nintendo 3DS version of Dragon Quest VIII.

Same. 

I don't have the best memory but I don't remember Xioara from my experience with the 3DS version

I'm 99% confident there's no temporary party members/playable characters named Xiroara or Shiroara or anything of the sort. How many temporary party members were even in DQVIII to begin with? The 3DS port didn't add anyone besides Morrie and Red.

When Charmles and (spoiler) join the party as temporary allies, the 3DS version refers to them by a different name instead of as “Charmles attacks!” for instance. I don’t remember what the names were unfortunately, but I know on Gamefaqs a few people have talked about it and it’s been brought up in the past here on the Den. Essentially the game is drawing their names from the recruitable monsters list, rather than using the proper names, aka Charmles and (spoiler) as the names.

Spoiler

Probably pointless to spoiler out the name, but the other character is Marcello. His name when he temporarily joins could be displayed as “Shirora,” or whatever due to an error.

Posted (edited)

Thank you for your answers ! If my memory is good, I read that Charmles is named "Damon" and Marcello is labeled as "Othello". So if Xiroara does not exist, Marcello is not in love in the game ?

Edited by CaptainTomate

No. I don’t know where that’s coming from/who thought that up, but there’s nothing like that in the game.

18 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

No. I don’t know where that’s coming from/who thought that up, but there’s nothing like that in the game.

Thank you very much for all your answers. I thought this information was weird. But I thought this info was true because Wiki is usually a trusted site.

Thank you again !

Yeah, this is when/where it was added. Looking through the edits, this guy added a bunch of suspect info to what was an almost entirely blank page for Marcello at the time (He filled out the Appearance section with a list of Marcello's appearances in the plot of the game rather than a physical description). I'm more than willing to bet that this is either made-up or this person didn't understand what they were writing.

image.thumb.png.384e7aae277219c5b5102b0cd99bb9fb.png

Yes, it’s made up. Who knows why they wrote that, but it’s false information.

Posted (edited)

I do not know if he wanted to invent a love for Marcello or if he did not remember well. Thanks a lot for your help !

Maybe this information can be from Itadaki Street series ? I just know there is Marcello in some of these games, but I do not know if this  game series brings information about the story of the characters in Dragon Quest VIII. Do you know more about Marcello in Itadaki Street series ? (I apologize for my incorrect English).

Edited by CaptainTomate