qwetroop

DQ RP Group Forming

Dragon Quest RP Group Forming!  

3 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hello all, I've recently been poking around discord etc searching for interest in a DQ Roleplay group, and it seems that there are a few of us. I've decided to take initiative and try to get something off of the ground.

The first order of business will be determining where people would rather play, either here via forum posts or via discord. Either way, the activity level expected will be at least one post per week, semi-literate one paragraph posts minimum. 

The second order of business will be determining what DQ game (if any, or an amalgam,) will be used as the setting, both this and the above business will be resolved via a poll either here or on discord.

If this sounds like something that interests you, please contact me by any of the following: replying to this post, Forum DM, or discord @ qwetroop#7809

• Like 1

You can look back in this forum and see I am most DEFINITELY interested.

• Like 2

Hello!

I am definitely interested in this as well. Two or so years ago I was starting to build the foundation for a discord Dragon Quest RP group that would take place in an original setting, with only original characters. I wanted to convey a large world with fun events for people to create their own character in and enjoy.  I ended up scrapping it after a bit, but I wish I would've seen it through. I'm curious to see what direction this will go in! You can definitely count me in if it is in an original setting. It's just a preference of mine, playing with original characters.

My biggest recommendation with discord would be to not get wrapped up with all the channels you can make for locations. This will spread your messages thin, and make it seem as though your role play is not very populated or active. I've joined a fair share of RPs on Discord, and the first thing I am usually met with is a huge list of channels for specific locations with people chatting and role playing while scattered thinly across. Personally, I'd most likely keep it condensed to either one or a few channels. Yes, it may be more messy, but it is far superior in my mind.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

So far we've been garnering a decent amount of interest, up to five potential participants now! Here is the server link where discussion is currently taking place https://discord.gg/UAJPYAR

Edited by qwetroop

Not to squirrel, but I am going to. When I originally read this topic I read it as "DQ RP Group Farming" ;) which I guess you kind of are :)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Woodus said:

Not to squirrel, but I am going to. When I originally read this topic I read it as "DQ RP Group Farming" ;) which I guess you kind of are :)

Farming any and all slimes wandering our way!

• Like 1

Not to brag, but I am a hero, I don't need to farm.

• Like 1

Not to brag, but I am a hero, I don't need to farm.
Not to rag, but in Dragon Quest Builders 2 heroes farm hard.
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

giphy.gif

"Eventually, even Ryu would have to feed himself. He bought a plot of land in the southeastern corner of Torland, and began the largest tobacco and sugar cane plantation on the continent. His invention, the "Slime Stack Plow", brought him great fame, and his pipeweed was the best in the land."

Edited by RyuKisargi
  • Like 1