Coopman45

DQX on Switch

Hey!

Im thinking about picking up DQX on Switch as Ive been wanting to play for a while, but didnt want to go through all the hoops with a VPN and such. Now that the IP ban has been lifted (or so it seems), I really want to check the game out. Im fairly new to Dragon Quest but want something on the switch before DQXI definitive, and DQX has intrigued me for a while. Im just wondering though, is it possible to play version 1 of the game without the crysta subscription (or whatever it is)? Because I thought I saw somewhere that on PC that was possible?

Anyways, I will definitely be picking it up soon and cant wait to get into it!

Free trial is only available on PC or PS4 or 3DS(only for few hours) not on Switch.

Alright then how much is it per month?

The sub is ¥1000 a month, or about $10. There are also 2 and 3 month subs that cost ¥1950 and ¥2900 respectively.

Okay and is there a way to buy the sub from the switch or do i have to use the square enix website?

Okay and is there a way to buy the sub from the switch or do i have to use the square enix website?

You are able to pay the sub through eShop on Switch or you can use Crysta on the SE Store

Posted (edited)
On 7/19/2019 at 10:34 PM, oka_chan1 said:

You are able to pay the sub through eShop on Switch

How? For the life of me I cannot figure out how to sub to this game. The game itself keeps asking for a contract registration key. I assume that means something in regards to a subscription, but there's now where on the eShop that lets me do this.

Edited by AustNerevar

On 8/29/2019 at 9:02 PM, AustNerevar said:

How? For the life of me I cannot figure out how to sub to this game. The game itself keeps asking for a contract registration key. I assume that means something in regards to a subscription, but there's now where on the eShop that lets me do this.

Check this post.

Somebody explains how to sub on switch with screenshots.

Check this post.
Somebody explains how to sub on switch with screenshots.
I finally figured out my problem. Apparently, you get a game key emailed to you after purchasing it but I never received that email. I had to look it up on my Nintendo eshop acct.

Also, does anyone know how to activate Team Chat on Switch?

Control T on the keyboard.

Alternately you can press the Plus button, tab over to the orange chat log screen and pull up the window  that way.

8 hours ago, Cranberry said:

Control T on the keyboard.

Alternately you can press the Plus button, tab over to the orange chat log screen and pull up the window  that way.

Thanks. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but whenever I hit spacebar in chat, my text turns into Japanese

On 8/31/2019 at 9:02 AM, AustNerevar said:

Also, does anyone know how to activate Team Chat on Switch?

You can press start on the controller to pop up tabs, then go to the right most one (Team chat). But to be honest, it's way easier to install the app on your phone, and chat with it :)