new to dragon quest 10! just started, hello friends :) add me in game? also i found the best translation tool ever :)

j1e3s5

hi everyone, i go by propandaplays in game and online, im super new to dragon quest 10, but have been a super long HUGE dragon quest fan. 8 and 11 are my faves. but i love the monster series as well, so much that i bought 2 different japanese 3ds consoles to play terries wonderland and the 2nd remake for 3ds. i know next to 0 japanese so i never tried to play dq10. but with the ipblock lifted (temporarily possibly) in america i gave it a shot.

iv been having a BLAST the last week. iv even made quite a few friends along the way , in game and on youtube and twitch. making this topic to see if anyone wants / needs any more english speaking friends in dq10 as i only have 2 atm and 2 japanese friends in game. ill 100% add you :) im a newb keep in mind tho :P

and the 2nd part of this topic was because i found a SUPER cool tool to translate the game "almost" in real time. its kinda just like a glorified google translate feature, as youve seen before in videos with notepad, but this one takes a screenshot of the game image and within 2-3 seconds translate all text to english, and works fairly well. so this can be used for maps, locations, items, menus, spells ect. probably not the best in actual combat however as you would be frozen for a few seconds but yea.

i know theres topics about this already but i didnt want to necro any of them and thought a new post would be better as iv never seen anything like this tool before, most of them seem to use notepad or other tools to get the dialog working but not menus and stuff. 

it takes some time to get set up and requires some work, but heres the link, hope links are allowed? im new i made my dragons den account along time ago but never really used much.

software name - UNIVERSAL GAME TRANSLATOR

link - https://www.codedojo.com/?p=2426 with instruction on how to get it set up on the site.

screenshots of software in use.

Spoiler

before - tsfnXXF.png

after - nGBkJMw.png

before - wDej2Y9.png

after - RinCVGk.png

obviously the translations arnt "perfect" but they work really well, and even works in menus as the first screenshot shows.

also back to my previous topic, my ign is panda if anyone wants to add me, i think theres also a number but im new like i said. and i stream over on twitch as https://www.twitch.tv/propandaplays if you wanna see the translation thing or have any questions :)have a great day everyone :) 

hi everyone, i go by propandaplays in game and online, im super new to dragon quest 10, but have been a super long HUGE dragon quest fan. 8 and 11 are my faves. but i love the monster series as well, so much that i bought 2 different japanese 3ds consoles to play terries wonderland and the 2nd remake for 3ds. i know next to 0 japanese so i never tried to play dq10. but with the ipblock lifted (temporarily possibly) in america i gave it a shot.
iv been having a BLAST the last week. iv even made quite a few friends along the way , in game and on youtube and twitch. making this topic to see if anyone wants / needs any more english speaking friends in dq10 as i only have 2 atm and 2 japanese friends in game. ill 100% add you  im a newb keep in mind tho
and the 2nd part of this topic was because i found a SUPER cool tool to translate the game "almost" in real time. its kinda just like a glorified google translate feature, as youve seen before in videos with notepad, but this one takes a screenshot of the game image and within 2-3 seconds translate all text to english, and works fairly well. so this can be used for maps, locations, items, menus, spells ect. probably not the best in actual combat however as you would be frozen for a few seconds but yea.
i know theres topics about this already but i didnt want to necro any of them and thought a new post would be better as iv never seen anything like this tool before, most of them seem to use notepad or other tools to get the dialog working but not menus and stuff. 
it takes some time to get set up and requires some work, but heres the link, hope links are allowed? im new i made my dragons den account along time ago but never really used much.
software name - UNIVERSAL GAME TRANSLATOR
link - https://www.codedojo.com/?p=2426 with instruction on how to get it set up on the site.
screenshots of software in use.
Spoiler

before - tsfnXXF.png
after - nGBkJMw.png
before - wDej2Y9.png
after - RinCVGk.png

obviously the translations arnt "perfect" but they work really well, and even works in menus as the first screenshot shows.
also back to my previous topic, my ign is panda if anyone wants to add me, i think theres also a number but im new like i said. and i stream over on twitch as https://www.twitch.tv/propandaplays if you wanna see the translation thing or have any questions have a great day everyone  

Hey! I hope you are having a blast with Dragon Quest X!!!! May I recommend joining the Dragon’s Den team? It’s full of English speaking players and we would be friends with you if you want to join!!! I’ve only been playing for about a month or so and I’ve had a great time on the team! I hope we get to be friends!!!

2 hours ago, oka_chan1 said:

Hey! I hope you are having a blast with Dragon Quest X!!!! May I recommend joining the Dragon’s Den team? It’s full of English speaking players and we would be friends with you if you want to join!!! I’ve only been playing for about a month or so and I’ve had a great time on the team! I hope we get to be friends!!!

thanks for hanging with me tonight! :) i had alot of fun, and yea i should def join, is the dragons den "team" like a guild? in game? look forward to playing with you in dragon quest 10 :)

thanks for hanging with me tonight!  i had alot of fun, and yea i should def join, is the dragons den "team" like a guild? in game? look forward to playing with you in dragon quest 10

No problem! I had a really great time! Hope we get to hang out more often! And yes a team is basically like a guild. And yes it’s in-game. All you have to do is go to the Dragon’s Den Team thread on the DQX forums and put your character name (in the hiragana or katakana symbols) and the ID and you’ll be sent an invite to the team!

• 1 month later...

I have tried over and over to get that translator to work. Any way you can make a video walkthrough showing the steps? Everytime I open UGT (this is after I edited the config with my key), it doesn't open the app. It shows for a few seconds on my task manager then disappears. I tried running as admin, as well as in compatibility mode with other versions of windows: no go. Please help me, if you can.