Sign in to follow this  
Shun 'Kanamee

Should I get Builders 2?

The buildapedia is super helpful if you're trying to build specific stuff again. It's not been too useful since we've only dine the first island and know maybe >10 room recipes but in due time it'll be needed.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Dragon quest 1 had been a big surprise for me. The 2 became the game that I most expected, because on the 01 it was only missing the multi so I spend hours and hours on it to build with my wife.

My wait has been rewarded and much more than that. The game is even better than its predecessor, it's a bidding slam so much the world and its pnj are immersive, I'm at 25 hours and I wonder how far the game will bluff me.

Appvalley TutuApp Tweakbox

Edited by morningstar

On 7/17/2019 at 1:39 PM, ignasia said:

You still need farming later on though, but you can just divert your villagers to handle harvesting and maintenance.

No you do not. I've beat the game. After Furrowfield I did not make a single garden or even have the NPCs do it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Draygon said:

No you do not. I've beat the game. After Furrowfield I did not make a single garden or even have the NPCs do it.

Cool.  That's what Project COE indicated.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Draygon said:

This just in from the IOA News Network. Builder indicted in crime of murdering a whole island of NPCs. Bodies were littered everywhere. No crops or bathrooms were found in sight.

Didn't do all of the first tablet challenges?

3 hours ago, Bururian said:

This just in from the IOA News Network. Builder indicted in crime of murdering a whole island of NPCs. Bodies were littered everywhere. No crops or bathrooms were found in sight.

What do you mean?  They can forage for themselves, the lazy bastards!

• Like 1

Some other things:

Does Builders 2 have different types of wood paneling/tiling/walling? Does it have stained/colorized windows? Does it have more brick types? More furniture/kitchen types? Are there more kinds of food? And are all previous recipes/rooms from the first game still in this?

23 hours ago, Plattym3 said:
On 7/21/2019 at 10:45 AM, Draygon said:

Didn't do all of the first tablet challenges?

No; not required. I'm doing such things post game story.

So here are some things I am wondering also about Dragon Quest Builders:

• Compared to Minecraft, mines are less interesting and maybe hold a treasure but aren't as deep, dangerous, or diverse in Dragon Quest Builders. Is this different in Builders 2? Are caves more unique, complex, and larger?
  • Also in Minecraft, the use of windows and glass was better utilized as it could be stained. For builders I was building the 7 rooms of Masque of the Red Death and had no stained glass so I had to use colored blocks behind the windoes to give the illusion of colored glass. Is there stained glass in Builders 2?
  • Are there actual fencing in Builders 2?
  • Are parts of Builders 1 like unique buildings like the Muscle Bar, Hela Hot Baths, Cantlin Garden, or items such as the Cantlin Shield, Bashmobile still in the game? Are all past blocks and items still in Builders 2 in some form?
  • What is Terra Incognita like in Builders 2?
  • Lastly, kinda weird, but are the notions of diverging timelines referenced again? Like is it discussed to any length by any character in the game like how Barbella questioned about the idea at the end of the First Builders?

On 7/27/2019 at 3:59 PM, Shun 'Kanamee said:

Are there actual fencing in Builders 2?

This is the only one I can answer as far as I am, yes there is fencing in DQB2

The "Local Coop" thing requires 2 copies and 2 switch systems right? If it's splitscreen I'm sold. But splitscreen sounds unlikely doesn't it.

The "Local Coop" thing requires 2 copies and 2 switch systems right? If it's splitscreen I'm sold. But splitscreen sounds unlikely doesn't it.
Yeah, no split screen sadly.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

let me start off with i have never played builders 1 but i think builders 2 is much better than builders 1 from what i have seen and i think builders 2 defenetly are worth the money

• Like 1

let me start off with i have never played builders 1 but i think builders 2 is much better than builders 1 from what i have seen and i think builders 2 defenetly are worth the money
Honestly I played Builders 1 100% this June. There's really not as big a diffence as people keep saying. I think a lot of it is just people comparing 3 years ago to 3 hours ago. I played back to back in back to back months & there's some quality improvements, but not a complete overhaul.