Sign in to follow this  
Plattym3

Dragon Quest Builders 2 Progress

Don't we always do this?

Didn't think I'd play much today or soon, but it got delivered @9am so what the heck. Put in a half hour, then took off for a while. When I came back I let Plattym4 play for a while. Watched him do the first blueprint and promptly took a nap. Goodness knows what he did for the next 45 mins.

Unexpectedly put another 30 mins in later in the evening and got to the first new island. Built a bit, grew a bit and then again handed it off to Plattym4 for a while and went to shower. He raised up 2 levels and learned a few more recipes. Sweet, love my little grinding machine.

So has anyone figured how to access the multiplayer yet?

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

So has anyone figured how to access the multiplayer yet?

Reviews indicate it's a ways in.

Now, does that mean the first quest island or...

Reviews indicate it's a ways in.

Now, does that mean the first quest island or...
I just finished the first quest island and no multiplayer.

4 hours ago, AustNerevar said:

I just finished the first quest island and no multiplayer.

Pretty sure it's after the first chapter. That's what I've been seeing/hearing.

I'm really enjoying the game so far. I wasn't a fan of the first one at all but I've been playing 2 non stop for the past couple days. I'm actually kind of bummed I'll have to leave the first island behind since I've developed my space so much that I'll have no idea what to do with the Isle of Awakening when I get back. 

Went back to Furrowfield Island because I missed a mini medal somewhere.  I spent like an hour retracing the locations. Turns out, I finished one of the puzzles, but forgot to grab the medal.

Spoiler

The damn hammerhood guy told me he would give me a bow once I got the 10th medal. I was expecting a bow and arrow as a weapon. Not a bow you put in your hair. -_-

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AustNerevar said:

Went back to Furrowfield Island because I missed a mini medal somewhere.  I spent like an hour retracing the locations. Turns out, I finished one of the puzzles, but forgot to grab the medal.

Hide contents

The damn hammerhood guy told me he would give me a bow once I got the 10th medal. I was expecting a bow and arrow as a weapon. Not a bow you put in your hair. -_-

That's pretty funny. I have 5 right now and just got back from Furrowfield. I might go back and clear them up but I need to push my eyes back into my sockets before playing the game again. 

• Like 1

Spoiler

Bummer on the wording

Didn't even realize there were mini medals this time!

The pun game is already on point. Of course it needed to be pointed out to me:

Pastor Al = pastoral (especially of land or a farm)

Just finished the first scripted battle on the first island and Pastor Al gave me his name.

I got to play for a bit last night after getting back from vacation. Just got to the point to start growing the tree on the first island.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

After a somewhat slow-paced beginning, this game has become ridiculously addictive! I'm already really impressed by all the little upgrades from the original, and look forward to seeing what further unlocks await down the line. I'm currently in the first main island after the intro, and am seeking out the final couple of crops. It's been a blast so far.

Any suggestions for dealing with monster attacks on my town though? I built fairly tall so the Skeletons keep crashing through my farmers' sleeping quarters. I tried erecting a chalk wall in front of the whole side of the town and that seems to have done the trick, but is there a better way of keeping them from destroying my buildings?

Edited by TriforceBun

I've finished the first island, and have gone to both Explorer Islands that you have near immediate access to once you get back. I have also done the first Isle of Awakening Tablet and am doing the optional tasks from it as well. The 2nd Island is open to me now but I haven't gone there yet as I wanted to get a small established base and crops going for the main island.

The Tool you get for swapping walls in a godsend. So much better than the cladding item from the first game.

• Like 1

I've finished the first island, and have gone to both Explorer Islands that you have near immediate access to once you get back. I have also done the first Isle of Awakening Tablet and am doing the optional tasks from it as well. The 2nd Island is open to me now but I haven't gone there yet as I wanted to get a small established base and crops going for the main island.

The Tool you get for swapping walls in a godsend. So much better than the cladding item from the first game.
I'm right about where you are, need to explore 2nd side island.

Where are you establishing your rooms on the Kingdom of Evisceration?

I also started doing some tablet stuff on the Isle of Awakening last night. It's just a bummer to go from nice green fields full of crops in FurrowField to the drab and bland island. I guess that's the point though as they want you to improve that island. I just hate losing my materials and whatnot but that's why they gave me some materials to start a farm. I really think it's just an atheistic thing for me like let's green this #$*! UP!

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

I'm right about where you are, need to explore 2nd side island.

Where are you establishing your rooms on the Kingdom of Evisceration?

Right next to the waterfall you created, I leveled some of the land off to the left of the waterfall against the rock. I have built a social bedroom, an Agricultural kitchen as well as a regular kitchen with a dining room on the second floor. I have also put a bathroom next to it so I have a continual supply of nightsoil. I also planted Pumpkins, cabbages, wheat, and Strawberries along the riverbed.

The only minor complaint I have is that the worm food will cover the current plane you are on and everything below it if the land slopes down, but it won't go upwards at all, if that makes sense. Is there a way to do it that I am missing out on?

Edited by Bururian
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Bururian said:

The only minor complaint I have is that the worm food will cover the current plane you are on and everything below it if the land slopes down, but it won't go upwards at all, if that makes sense. Is there a way to do it that I am missing out on?

I don't think so because I noticed the same thing. I think I'll do something like you and make my own little area for a village. I love the idea of an area with lots of nice water around it (river and waterfall).

• Like 1

I did notice as I was making another pathway for the water, I got it flowing out to the desert area, but it hits an invisible wall and I cannot build anything there. "You are unable to place anything here" I get as I get that fantastic magical colored halo as I stumble after trying to place a block.

• Like 1

I also started doing some tablet stuff on the Isle of Awakening last night. It's just a bummer to go from nice green fields full of crops in FurrowField to the drab and bland island. I guess that's the point though as they want you to improve that island. I just hate losing my materials and whatnot but that's why they gave me some materials to start a farm. I really think it's just an atheistic thing for me like let's green this #$*! UP!

Go back, take all your materials. Mine mostly came back in the bag, but I went back and got the hundreds of food items out of the kitchen.

Right next to the waterfall you created, I leveled some of the land off to the left of the waterfall against the rock. I have built a social bedroom, an Agricultural kitchen as well as a regular kitchen with a dining room on the second floor. I have also put a bathroom next to it so I have a continual supply of nightsoil. I also planted Pumpkins, cabbages, wheat, and Strawberries along the riverbed.

I'm pretty close to that, I did it just next to the first fall (the first 10%) of the river you make. Thought being near water would be good!

I ran into the same exact issue with the stupid worm food. Thanks for that explanation, after I screwed up twice, I just freaking leveled the area & used it that way exclusively.

I haven't been able to play since Sunday, hopefully I can get sometime in this weekend, everything I am reading sounds quite interesting though. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Plattym3 said:

I'm pretty close to that, I did it just next to the first fall (the first 10%) of the river you make. Thought being near water would be good!

I ran into the same exact issue with the stupid worm food. Thanks for that explanation, after I screwed up twice, I just freaking leveled the area & used it that way exclusively.

I am very close to doing that myself. I like building into the current landscape, but the hills at the waterwall kinda kill me. I'm trying to figure out with what I'm going to do with the immediate area around the Tablet too. I imagine the 2nd island will give us a stronger hammer so that we can actually destroy rocks, so it that's the case I will be doing some major terraforming.

32 minutes ago, Bururian said:

I am very close to doing that myself. I like building into the current landscape, but the hills at the waterwall kinda kill me. I'm trying to figure out with what I'm going to do with the immediate area around the Tablet too. I imagine the 2nd island will give us a stronger hammer so that we can actually destroy rocks, so it that's the case I will be doing some major terraforming.

Pretty sure that's what will happen too. I think I saw the second island is mining focused and I've seen screenshots of a better hammer. It is kind of lame you can't break most of the blocks that form the hills around the water area.

• Like 1

Ok, got 3 infinite items exploring the 2 optional islands. Build a couple things in my Empire of Evisceration, so on to the next main island!

This game has really exceeded my expectations, even as a DQ fan. It really improves on the original in a lot of ways, and they've done a great job making the building more intuitive than ever. The story and characters are super-charming as well!

I'm currently building up my main island after Furrowfield and the game just keeps throwing so many new features at me that I can barely keep up.

I got an infinite supply of wood from the island and I'm 2 items away from getting the infinite of dry grass. I wanted to make sure I at least got the wood and then I messed around a made some farms and a kitchen on the island. I ended up going back to Furrowfield to get some materials and finished up the mini medal puzzles there. I'm excited to finish up the tablet and move onto the next main island.

• Like 1