eal

Switch RPGs...?

I’ve got a small list of games I’m planning to get while Black Friday shopping. Best Buy had the most in terms of my tastes. That Yu-Gi-Oh! game for $20, Collection of Mana for $20, a maybe I’ll splurge and get Ni no Kuni for $25. I think Target has Super Mario Odyssey at $30 as well. 

48 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

Got mine! 7c1e447b016fd01dcb8e14ef798ef33b.jpg

Imma jump on that deal.

Another RPG on sale right now is the switch version of Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana at 50% off. It contains all the content from both the Vita and PS4 version, including all of the DLC, though from my understanding it runs at a lower frame rate than the PS4 version. I’ve heard it’s still a good version of the game though, and I’m debating on getting in off the eshop.

It’s a very good action RPG and is one I’ve had plenty of fun with on my Vita and PS4. If you haven’t played it or are looking for a new action RPG, I highly recommend it.

Other action games/RPGs on sale are Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate at $24.99 (which gives A LOT of content for that price), Tales of Vesperian HD, and Dark Souls Remastered. I’m pretty sure all 3 are on sale for 50% off, maybe 30 or 40% for Dark Souls Remastered. I already have MHGU and admittedly don’t have much interest in Tales games, but hey, those are good deals for digital versions.

Okami HD is on sale too, which I definitely want to grab. A number of Nintendo games are on sale too like Breath of the Wild, Mario Tennis Aces, and Super Mario Party.

Lastly, and one I missed earlier, The Banner Saga (1) is on sale for $5 on the eshop. That’s 75% off. I’ve heard nothing but good things about The Banner Saga games, and I eventually plan to play the series. Figured I’d give people the heads up since it’s $5.

Well, I did my little bit of Black Friday shopping. Bought an eshop card after work and purchased Celeste and Rime off the eshop. I had enough credit to buy Puyo Puyo Champions for free, so once again I spent a whopping $20 on Black Friday deals. Same thing happened last year too!

Anyway, I may get another eshop card before December 4th. I may get either Romancing SaGa 2 (if you want the game @Plattym3now may be a good time to get it) since it’s on sale or I’ll use it to purchase Okami HD. I haven’t decided if I will since I need to save money for Christmas presents.

25 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Well, I did my little bit of Black Friday shopping. Bought an eshop card after work and purchased Celeste and Rime off the eshop. I had enough credit to buy Puyo Puyo Champions for free, so once again I spent a whopping $20 on Black Friday deals. Same thing happened last year too!

Anyway, I may get another eshop card before December 4th. I may get either Romancing SaGa 2 (if you want the game @Plattym3now may be a good time to get it) since it’s on sale or I’ll use it to purchase Okami HD. I haven’t decided if I will since I need to save money for Christmas presents.

I got drunk and did some Black Friday shopping. Got Pokemon Platinum and Pokemon Conquest (Conquest was free, B1G1 free on DS games) from Gamestop. A Stardew Valley Poster and a retro IGN shirt from The Yetee. And finally a Stardew Valley varsity jacket from Fangamer. Have I mentioned I like Stardew Valley? I almost got a tattoo related to it before I got my Dragon Quest one.

10 minutes ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

I got drunk and did some Black Friday shopping. Got Pokemon Platinum and Pokemon Conquest (Conquest was free, B1G1 free on DS games) from Gamestop. A Stardew Valley Poster and a retro IGN shirt from The Yetee. And finally a Stardew Valley varsity jacket from Fangamer. Have I mentioned I like Stardew Valley? I almost got a tattoo related to it before I got my Dragon Quest one.

I need to play Stardew Valley at some point. I don’t play games of the farming style, but it gives me an Animal Crossing vibe in a few ways. I love just relaxing with some Animal Crossing every now and then since you can do everything at your own pace or just do stuff to try and improve your town.

I’ve never been much for Black Friday shopping. Usually my Black Friday shopping is practical stuff that I need, or spend a little money on any game deals. One year I did buy a number of PS1 Classics for my PSP, but Sony was running a hell of a deal that year for so many games so I got a little carried away.

• Like 1

I got SaGa 2 on Vita. But this is the wrong topic for that.

9 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

I need to play Stardew Valley at some point. I don’t play games of the farming style, but it gives me an Animal Crossing vibe in a few ways. I love just relaxing with some Animal Crossing every now and then since you can do everything at your own pace or just do stuff to try and improve your town.

I’ve never been much for Black Friday shopping. Usually my Black Friday shopping is practical stuff that I need, or spend a little money on any game deals. One year I did buy a number of PS1 Classics for my PSP, but Sony was running a hell of a deal that year for so many games so I got a little carried away.

I’ve mentioned it before but I do Black Friday shopping at retail stores every year. Blue Laws in Massachusetts prevent stores from being open on Thanksgiving so retail Thanksgiving deals apply on actual Black Friday. But online is different. So on Thanksgiving I did a little Black Friday shopping on Amazon. That’s where I got Collection of Mana. But anyways, it was funny reading up on all the in-store deals and seeing Amazon list all the lowest prices from all the other stores (Ni no Kuni for $25, Super Mario Odyssey for $30, etc.).

I ended up getting the aforementioned Collection of Mana, WILL: A Wonderful World, Platty’s favorite game Final Fantasy XII, and Judgement. Also Puzzle Quest on the eShop.

29 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

I got SaGa 2 on Vita. But this is the wrong topic for that. emoji12.png

Every topic should have discussion for the Vita.

4 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

I got SaGa 2 on Vita. But this is the wrong topic for that. emoji12.png

We’ll have to make SaGa 2 our new race eventually. We’ll see if the two of us actually play and complete this one together unlike what happened with Trails in the Sky and Suikoden. 🤪

Taking a short break from Pokémon Shield to play Will: A Wonderful World, a visual novel with a twist. See, the premise is you’re a god who can bend people’s fates to your will if they ask for help in the form of a “letter” (not really a letter but that’s what the game refers it to to keep things simple).

Basically, nine or so characters will ask for help out of their present circumstance, and using clues from the letter, you rearrange the order of events to prevent catastrophe. Sometimes two letters are tied together and you must work out both characters’ situations, and to make it more complicated, on top of moving events around, you can switch them between the two characters. For example, an early letter dealt with two characters bumping into each other and one of them swinging at a tennis ball. In this scenario, I was able to change who hit the ball, making them a hero to their partner, and avoid the collision by having the other character move instead. Sometimes, a perfect ending isn’t available until you address a different letter first.

I’ve heard some of the events get zany and you can get horrible or ridiculous results for the characters.

The presentation is bare bones but the gameplay is interesting.

• Like 1