eal

Switch RPGs...?

1 minute ago, Plattym3 said:

I do enjoy SteamWorld Dig! I got that too and put a half dozen or so hours into it. Fun game!

Give SteamWorld Quest a look-see every week. I swear it's been on sale 3 or 4 times since I got it in April.

They just did a substantial update to it (Quest) and put it on sale. It's the only game in the series I haven't played since deck based games are not my thing. I've even played Steamworld Tower Defense on the DS!

• Like 1

They just did a substantial update to it (Quest) and put it on sale. It's the only game in the series I haven't played since deck based games are not my thing. I've even played Steamworld Tower Defense on the DS!
Yeah, I saw the update, but despite how much fun I had with that game, honestly I just never go back to games I've beaten.

Drippy, I don't care much for deck based games either, but I found this one pretty great. I felt the cards were very understated & it was just a traditional turn-based fun game. https://rpgamer.com/review/steamworld-quest-review/

Since we’re talking about deck building games, I think as soon as I get paid I’m gonna get that new Yu-Gi-Oh! game on Switch. It goes through the entire anime from start to finish and you can buy booster packs based on specific characters’ decks. Also, no micro transactions, it’s all money you earn in game. It’s getting great reviews and I have a real soft spot for Spirit Caller on DS.

10 minutes ago, eal said:

Since we’re talking about deck building games, I think as soon as I get paid I’m gonna get that new Yu-Gi-Oh! game on Switch. It goes through the entire anime from start to finish and you can buy booster packs based on specific characters’ decks. Also, no micro transactions, it’s all money you earn in game. It’s getting great reviews and I have a real soft spot for Spirit Caller on DS.

I had the Gameboy Color Yu-Gi-Oh game way back when that I liked. I haven't seen a Yu-Gi-Oh card in about 13 years so I have no idea what's new in the game though I'm sure there's lots. I used to watch the show as a kid too so I'd probably enjoy the first part of the game...maybe if it goes on sale I'll pick it up. It sounds perfect to be on Switch. Now if only we could get Dragon Quest Rivals...

12 minutes ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

I had the Gameboy Color Yu-Gi-Oh game way back when that I liked. I haven't seen a Yu-Gi-Oh card in about 13 years so I have no idea what's new in the game though I'm sure there's lots. I used to watch the show as a kid too so I'd probably enjoy the first part of the game...maybe if it goes on sale I'll pick it up. It sounds perfect to be on Switch. Now if only we could get Dragon Quest Rivals...

I had a GameBoy Color Yu-Gi-Oh! game and I can tell you it was incredibly archaic. I can’t believe how weird it was trying to figure out how to play it. I haven’t watched or played anything related to the franchise since GX, but from what I’ve seen, a lot has been added in. I read that instead of being on OC you play through the story dueling as the character, and you can either use their deck from the show or your own built deck.

My copy of Collection of Mana just came in. Was hoping to at least beat one house in Fire Emblem before but I wasn't able to.

I am pretty hyped for it. I never played Final Fantasy Adventure and Seiken Densetsu 3. Gonna rush the rest of FE so I can start playing it this week.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Twinkie said:

My copy of Collection of Mana just came in. Was hoping to at least beat one house in Fire Emblem before but I wasn't able to.

I am pretty hyped for it. I never played Final Fantasy Adventure and Seiken Densetsu 3. Gonna rush the rest of FE so I can start playing it this week.

Oh shoot, I totally forgot about the physical version of Collection of Mana coming out! Damn, there are just too many games I want to play/get for the Switch.

Guess I’ll have to add it to the list.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Oh shoot, I totally forgot about the physical version of Collection of Mana coming out! Damn, there are just too many games I want to play/get for the Switch.

Tell me about it. I wanted to pick up Astral Chain as well but gonna pass on it until I actually beat some of these games I keep buying.

On 8/27/2019 at 1:12 PM, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

LOL. I was having a conversation with my gamer buddy yesterday and I ended up saying this same thing. 

Too many games, not enough time. 

Preordered Torchlight 2 on Switch. I have it on PC but never got very far. $20 is a fair price for it I think and having it digitally will be perfect for quick hop in-hop out gameplay. 

• Like 1

Looking at South Park The Stick of Truth for $15 on sale now.

10 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

Looking at South Park The Stick of Truth for $15 on sale now.

I prefer that one to the Fractured But Whole. It's extremely easy to break though which can lead to you blitzing through it in a few sittings. I say it's worth $15 and if you like it give the sequel a try.

• Like 1

On 8/27/2019 at 12:01 PM, eal said:

Funny. I actually found myself researching that game and being very interested. I mildly collected Yu-Gi-Oh! back in the day, but nothing serious, and I wasn't really into the anime either. 

That being said, the Switch Yu-Gi-Oh! game popped up on my Amazon feed thing and I clicked on it and found myself enthralled by the idea of a good ol' deck building strategy/RPG game. I haven't really played one since Pokemon TCG on the Gameboy. I sure did love that one though. 

55 minutes ago, cprmauldin said:

Funny. I actually found myself researching that game and being very interested. I mildly collected Yu-Gi-Oh! back in the day, but nothing serious, and I wasn't really into the anime either. 

That being said, the Switch Yu-Gi-Oh! game popped up on my Amazon feed thing and I clicked on it and found myself enthralled by the idea of a good ol' deck building strategy/RPG game. I haven't really played one since Pokemon TCG on the Gameboy. I sure did love that one though. 

I can’t believe they haven’t made a Pokémon TCG game for Switch yet.

37 minutes ago, eal said:

How many video games of Pokémon TCG exist anyway? I know there was one on GBC, but that’s it.

39 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

How many video games of Pokémon TCG exist anyway? I know there was one on GBC, but that’s it.

That’s the list! There IS the online TCG I guess, but I don’t count it.

There are more Pokémon Pinball games.

34 minutes ago, eal said:

Weird. I thought for sure there was one on GBA, but that’s probably a Pokémon pinball game or something.

44 minutes ago, eal said:

The thing I like about the online TCG game is each pack of physical cards comes with a code for the same type of pack in the game.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Weird. I thought for sure there was one on GBA, but that’s probably a Pokémon pinball game or something.

It is. One of my favorite games on GBA actually. Had a lot of fun just watching Netflix and replaying it to completion on the Wii U gamepad.

38 minutes ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

The thing I like about the online TCG game is each pack of physical cards comes with a code for the same type of pack in the game.

I’m annoyed that there isn’t an app for compatible with iPhone (just iPad) and downloading it to my computer is too much of a commitment to me lol.

• Like 1

So from those who follow this & the industry more closely, I've been assured that there will never be another console TCG. They did that GBC one that I loved too. But with the PC & iPad apps, there's no real use or incentive to make another game. Since 4-5 handheld generations have gone by, I guess I sadly agree. Boo!

7 hours ago, Plattym3 said:
10 hours ago, eal said:

So from those who follow this & the industry more closely, I've been assured that there will never be another console TCG. They did that GBC one that I loved too. But with the PC & iPad apps, there's no real use or incentive to make another game. Since 4-5 handheld generations have gone by, I guess I sadly agree. Boo!

It’s like how we won’t ever get another Simpsons game because Tapped Out exists and makes them more money then any console game ever could.

1 hour ago, eal said:

It’s like how we won’t ever get another Simpsons game because Tapped Out exists and makes them more money then any console game ever could.

You know, that just makes me super sad. I really wish we could get Hit & Run re-released, maybe in an HD remake like that one Spongebob game is getting. I loved Hit & Run both as a game and as a Simpsons fan.

14 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

You know, that just makes me super sad. I really wish we could get Hit & Run re-released, maybe in an HD remake like that one Spongebob game is getting. I loved Hit & Run both as a game and as a Simpsons fan.

It’s a blessing in a way as well. We still get shovelware on all consoles but how many movie or TV tie-in games are you seeing in a retail store anymore? It’s cheaper, easier, and earns more revenue to just make a mobile game with free-to-play mechanics.

23 minutes ago, eal said:

It’s a blessing in a way as well. We still get shovelware on all consoles but how many movie or TV tie-in games are you seeing in a retail store anymore? It’s cheaper, easier, and earns more revenue to just make a mobile game with free-to-play mechanics.

I know. But I would still really like to see an HD re-release, or just a re-release period, of Hit & Run. I no longer have my copy of the game, so it’d be cool to see it get the treatment that Spongebob game is getting.

I’m glad we don’t have all the shovelware nonsense we used to though.

3 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

I know. But I would still really like to see an HD re-release, or just a re-release period, of Hit & Run. I no longer have my copy of the game, so it’d be cool to see it get the treatment that Spongebob game is getting.

I’m glad we don’t have all the shovelware nonsense we used to though.

An HD rerelease would be possible if it was anyone but EA that held the Simpsons license.