eal

Switch RPGs...?

What you do in the privacy of your own bedroom is your own business, sir.
Actually it's often my wife's business too. She's not too keen on reading a book in bed while I'm slaughtering slimes or getting Puff Puffs on our large, bright bedroom TV.

Haha. I've thought about moving the PS4 to the living room, but the thought of accidentally waking my kids up in the middle of the night fills me with so much dread I've never made the move.
I'm a portable gamer nowadays cause it's just easier to sit on the couch with my wife and play my DS. I'd rather do that then be cooped up in my gaming room on my PS4. On the weekends though I like to dedicate some time to my consoles.
And yeah, I'd rather hang with family and play while watching TV too.

Can't wait until I finally get my own Switch.

😞

1 hour ago, Plattym3 said:

Haha. I've thought about moving the PS4 to the living room, but the thought of accidentally waking my kids up in the middle of the night fills me with so much dread I've never made the move.

Headphones.

6 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

I'm 95% a portable gamer

I am the complete opposite. I really have no desire to play my Switch in other rooms, and I don't take it out of the house. My Switch might as well be glued into the dock at this point. Either way its turning into a damn good RPG machine.

• Like 1

Headphones.
Shut up with your completely reasonable common sense. That's not needed here!
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

Shut up with your completely reasonable common sense. That's not needed here! emoji12.png

Please, I’m never reasonable.

On 8/2/2019 at 9:09 AM, Plattym3 said:

Actually it's often my wife's business too. emoji12.png She's not too keen on reading a book in bed while I'm slaughtering slimes or getting Puff Puffs on our large, bright bedroom TV.

Haha. I've thought about moving the PS4 to the living room, but the thought of accidentally waking my kids up in the middle of the night fills me with so much dread I've never made the move. And yeah, I'd rather hang with family and play while watching TV too.

Yeah, I'll agree that it's easier to whip out the switch and play throughout the day than sit and take up the whole TV.

That being said though, I think console gaming will always feel more satisfying to me. 

25 minutes ago, eal said:

Not an RPG but Superbeat Xonic is on sale for $0.89. I’ve played it on Vita and it’s a pretty good rhythm game, so give it a look: https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/superbeat-xonic-switch/

Really wish I had a switch right now to purchase this. I was looking at it in GameStop yesterday and wanted to try it. 0.89 cents instead of $30 is amazing.

10 minutes ago, Bururian said:

Really wish I had a switch right now to purchase this. I was looking at it in GameStop yesterday and wanted to try it. 0.89 cents instead of $30 is amazing.

I bought it during my lunch in case it was a price error and it was corrected before I got home. You could always buy it and download it later.

I almost bought a $20 copy at Target so I feel you.

2 minutes ago, eal said:

I bought it during my lunch in case it was a price error and it was corrected before I got home. You could always buy it and download it later.

I tried to buy it but it gave me an error and said to access the eShop via the switch linked with said account. Thus I'm unable.

8 minutes ago, Bururian said:

I tried to buy it but it gave me an error and said to access the eShop via the switch linked with said account. Thus I'm unable.

? Weird. I managed to buy it on my phone. Then again, it also said it was downloading right now (I’d like to see it try since my Switch is off). I’m guessing you need an account linked with a Switch then.

45 minutes ago, eal said:

Someone with ties to the game said on Twitter it isn't a price error. 

Just bought it now that I’m home from work. No idea if I’ll really play it much but for $.89 cents, I’ll buy it. I also picked up Serial Cleaner, an indie game I’ve been wanting to play for awhile now. That one is on sale for $1.49, which is a heck of a deal too.

What’s the music like, @eal? Is it techno? Rock? A mixture of genres?

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

1 hour ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Just bought it now that I’m home from work. No idea if I’ll really play it much but for $.89 cents, I’ll buy it. I also picked up Serial Cleaner, an indie game I’ve been wanting to play for awhile now. That one is on sale for $1.49, which is a heck of a deal too.

What’s the music like, @eal? Is it techno? Rock? A mixture of genres?

Pretty much anything you’d hear in a club. It leans more towards techno but you can find pop and some other genres. Here’s an example of gameplay:

Edited by eal

13 minutes ago, eal said:

Pretty much anything you’d hear in a club. It leans more towards techno but you can find pop and some other genres. Here’s an example of gameplay:

Hmm...I’ll admit that’s not exactly my type of music, but the song used in the video you posted was good. The gameplay reminds me of the gameplay from those Persona Dancing games, mainly how the “notes,” you hit kind of curve around the sides of the screen.

I’m sure I’ll find some songs I enjoy. Thanks for letting us know about the crazy low sale on the game. 👍

19 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Hmm...I’ll admit that’s not exactly my type of music, but the song used in the video you posted was good. The gameplay reminds me of the gameplay from those Persona Dancing games, mainly how the “notes,” you hit kind of curve around the sides of the screen.

I’m sure I’ll find some songs I enjoy. Thanks for letting us know about the crazy low sale on the game. 👍

The aesthetic helps you get into it. I’m not into that type of music either, but you get into it as a part of an package. Between the menus, BGM, and the announcer and all that, you get into the feeling of being at a nightclub. Your hands get a real workout too lol. They’re all over the controls.

As a funny aside, I was on r/Vita and saw a post mentioning the Superbeat Xonic OST was on sale on the publisher’s store. I bought a copy and when I went to see what else was on sale I noticed the OST was now sold out. I think I got the last copy lol.

There’s a strategy RPG for sale on the eshop right not for $1. The game is Plague Road, and it has elements of a strategy RPG with some rouge like elements too.

I’ve never played it, but hey, I’ll buy it and give it a shot for a dollar. Figured I’d let you guys know if you’re looking for something cheap.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

There’s a strategy RPG for sale on the eshop right not for $1. The game is Plague Road, and it has elements of a strategy RPG with some rouge like elements too.

I’ve never played it, but hey, I’ll buy it and give it a shot for a dollar. Figured I’d let you guys know if you’re looking for something cheap.

Fun fact: Jim Sterling is a voice in the game (you can hear him narrate the trailer).

Haven’t played it myself but I’m very familiar with the developer Arcade Distillery. If you look through the games on sale, you’ll notice a lot of games with a similar artsyle (such as Mecho Tales and War Theatre) are also all on sale for $1 or less. They have a bit of a reputation for not good games, though I heard Plague Road is probably their best.

I myself put some money into their Indiegogo to publish physical Vita versions of two of their games...only for them to miss the cutoff date in the US for Vita carts and having to go through Asia to get it published. I don’t particularly care, but people wanting to collect every North American Vita game put money down exclusively for that reason and so they’re understandably upset now that they’re not North American versions. Also, Play-Asia is doing the publishing for them, and they have nicer versions with more stuff for a higher cost, which backers won’t get unless they buy it again through Play-Asia and I think backers are getting like a slipcover instead.

I rarely see Plague Road over $1 and I almost backed it on Kickstarter. I'm sure there's no harm in not liking a game you spent less than the price of a cheeseburger on but time is also valuable and I try to play stuff that's good.

Eh, I figure if I at least play the game for an hour that will even out with the one dollar I spent on it.

Anyway, the other game I picked up from the current sale is Steamworld Dig. Never played a game from the series but have heard good things about each entry, so I picked up game #1.

Only other game from the sale right now I would like to get is Okami. I loved playing the game on my Wii (minus the waggle controls for attacking with weapons), and I’d be down with getting the Switch version. There’s a lot I still remember about that game even though I only played it once, so it’s definitely one of those games that sticks with you long after finishing it.

Eh, I figure if I at least play the game for an hour that will even out with the one dollar I spent on it.
Anyway, the other game I picked up from the current sale is Steamworld Dig. Never played a game from the series but have heard good things about each entry, so I picked up game #1.
Only other game from the sale right now I would like to get is Okami. I loved playing the game on my Wii (minus the waggle controls for attacking with weapons), and I’d be down with getting the Switch version. There’s a lot I still remember about that game even though I only played it once, so it’s definitely one of those games that sticks with you long after finishing it.
I do enjoy SteamWorld Dig! I got that too and put a half dozen or so hours into it. Fun game!

Give SteamWorld Quest a look-see every week. I swear it's been on sale 3 or 4 times since I got it in April.