Switch RPGs...?

On 12/28/2020 at 3:45 PM, Plattym3 said:

My goodness, all but one of my 15 game Wish List is on sale. Maybe I should just stick $25-$50 on there a go mildly crazy. emoji848.png

Yeah I noticed some badass sales on there lately. But I’m trying to be realistic in what I have time to play and beat 😂

• Like 1
  • Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I got Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition and Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen for Christmas. I’m also expecting the Grandia HD Collection some time tomorrow. Very hyped to play some long RPGs in the n

I would tend to disagree 😂

Finally, finally, finally completed Stick of Truth. Every quest and collectible. I feel like I played 40 hours of content but my playtime says just 12. Combined with my other two attempts it’s closer

Posted Images

Yeah I noticed some badass sales on there lately. But I’m trying to be realistic in what I have time to play and beat
Exactly. I bought 1. Boot Hill Heroes. Should've jumped on the review of Boot Hill Bounty last year, but was busy on something else . Maybe I'll get a few hours into it before the 4th when the sale ends and get the other if I like it.

Easy, chill 12-15 hour games.
8 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

Exactly. I bought 1. Boot Hill Heroes. Should've jumped on the review of Boot Hill Bounty last year, but was busy on something else emoji2369.png. Maybe I'll get a few hours into it before the 4th when the sale ends and get the other if I like it.

Easy, chill 12-15 hour games.

I debated on getting that game. I remember it being advertised on Steam years ago but never got it. Was surprised to see it and the other Boot Hill game on Switch, but I opted to put the money towards Collection of SaGa, Moon, and the NES Fire Emblem game.

Let us know how Boothill is. I still have both games on my wishlist for future sales.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit
  • Like 1
I debated on getting that game. I remember it being advertised on Steam years ago but never got it. Was surprised to see it and the other Boot Hill game on Switch, but I opted to put the money towards Collection of SaGa, Moon, and the NES Fire Emblem game.
Let us know how Boothill is. I still have both games on my wishlist for future sales.
I started it up about an hour ago after dinner. I fell asleep 5 mins later.

Stay tuned for my 10 minute update soon!
Got a couple hours into it.

Not a fan of the battle system. It's an active time system with wait (if you want wait). But it just looks and feels weird. You only get 4 total abilities/attacks at any given time.

Lots of choices are given in dialog that don't matter.

And the greatest sin: I keep winning battles that don't matter. Beat a guy & he runs away with my money anyway. Even got a speech from bounty hunter Doc about how I should think more about killing a man. It doesn't fix things. WTF. These are my Bravely Default pet peeves all over.

So far, not a big fan. I played on and off for 4 hours in bed this morning. Play, sleep more, play, internet, play, snooze.

It's a meh so far.
1 hour ago, Plattym3 said:

Got a couple hours into it.

Not a fan of the battle system. It's an active time system with wait (if you want wait). But it just looks and feels weird. You only get 4 total abilities/attacks at any given time.

Lots of choices are given in dialog that don't matter.

And the greatest sin: I keep winning battles that don't matter. Beat a guy & he runs away with my money anyway. Even got a speach from bounty hunter Doc about how I should think more about killing a man. It doesn't fix things. WTF. These are my Bravely Default pet peeves all over.

So far, not a big fan. I played on and off for 4 hours in bed this morning. Play, sleep more, play, internet, play, snooze.

It's a meh so far.

That’s a shame. Guess I can save some eshop money and not worry about them.

• Like 1
That’s a shame. Guess I can save some eshop money and not worry about them.
Yeah. I'll keep playing because it's a 12 hour game with apparently no sidequests or need really to grind, and I keep winning battles and progressing so I'll finish it in a week I bet, but I'm not buying part 2.
  • 4 weeks later...
Yeah. I'll keep playing because it's a 12 hour game with apparently no sidequests or need really to grind, and I keep winning battles and progressing so I'll finish it in a week I bet, but I'm not buying part 2.
Update: Stopped playing this and until I saw this post 100% forgot I even had it.
1 hour ago, Plattym3 said:

Update: Stopped playing this and until I saw this post 100% forgot I even had it.

Truly a game you loved dearly then. 🤣

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

Did some research on  SMT III: Nocturne and decided to pre-order the Remaster for Switch. Hopefully I’m able to play it upon release. Haven’t done that with a game since DQ XI: Definitive Edition S.

• Like 2

I picked up Legrand Legacy and Valthirian Arc: Hero School Story recently since they were really cheap on sale. Valthirian Arc looks like a fun distraction since it was only about $4 and Legrand Legacy is apparently an old-school throwback to JRPGs so hopefully it should be entertaining

4 hours ago, Aphelion said:

I picked up Legrand Legacy and Valthirian Arc: Hero School Story recently since they were really cheap on sale. Valthirian Arc looks like a fun distraction since it was only about $4 and Legrand Legacy is apparently an old-school throwback to JRPGs so hopefully it should be entertaining

Yeah I took a look at sale games too, the one that caught my eye was Star Ocean First Departure R. I think it’s going for like 10ish bucks. Haven’t pulled the trigger on it yet because my list of purchased and unplayed games is ever-growing. 

• Like 2
On 4/30/2021 at 8:55 PM, cprmauldin said:

Yeah I took a look at sale games too, the one that caught my eye was Star Ocean First Departure R. I think it’s going for like 10ish bucks. Haven’t pulled the trigger on it yet because my list of purchased and unplayed games is ever-growing. 

Same here! I'm waiting to start it, but I love tri-Ace games. I was happy it got ported to modern consoles cause I missed out on it when they rereleased those on the PSP.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Aphelion said:

Same here! I'm waiting to start it, but I love tri-Ace games. I was happy it got ported to modern consoles cause I missed out on it when they rereleased those on the PSP.

I never got into Star Ocean, so that’d be my first venture into the series. I find myself trying more and more new games these days and I have yet to be disappointed, though I’m sure that will happen someday.

• Like 2
I find myself trying more and more new games these days and I have yet to be disappointed,
I mean, I can offer some suggestions...
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

I mean, I can offer some suggestions...

Don’t you dare say DQ VI!

Don’t you dare say DQ VI!
I'd never!

I mean this is "Switch RPGs...?" gotta stay on topic!

FFXII is on Switch.

• Like 2
On 5/5/2021 at 7:05 PM, Plattym3 said:

I'd never!

I mean this is "Switch RPGs...?" gotta stay on topic!

FFXII is on Switch. emoji8.png

FF games normally stay off my Radar 😂

....except for the Tactics games, those are bomb diggaty

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

If you like Diablo/Action RPG-style of games, Torchlight II often goes on sale on the eShop. Those games (the first two at least) are really fun and the second one even has multiplayer.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Aphelion said:

If you like Diablo/Action RPG-style of games, Torchlight II often goes on sale on the eShop. Those games (the first two at least) are really fun and the second one even has multiplayer.

I do like that style of game, with my most recent being Diablo III which I played and beat on the PS4. That being said, I did notice while playing that I’ve certainly developed a preference for games with just a little more customization options, and more open-world stuff to do. 

To be completely honest, Diablo III almost felt like it was barely even an RPG anymore when compared to Diablo II. But perhaps that’s just a taste change on my part and has nothing to do with the games.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Is anyone planning to play Samurai Warriors V? Asking for (man)waifu recording reasons.