Switch RPGs...?

Ooh.
B474313A-C1AC-4DB0-812C-4C16F0A6F49E.thumb.jpeg.d3edd39a3a2077d5edc443a4b6285fd1.jpeg
This might be one of those rare instances where I buy digital though because it likely wouldn’t come in by Christmas, then I’d want to wait until Christmas 2021 to play it.
Good plan. The soundtrack is AWESOME! That said, I don't think it's going to be as good to listen to in February/March.
  • Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’d believe it. Unfortunately I’m big enough of a Mario fan that I’ll gladly buy a copy of 3D All-Stars 🤣. I’ve played and enjoyed each multiple times so having them on the go for the Switch is cool.

I would tend to disagree 😂

Oh, that’s nice. I’m glad Atlus is giving Persona’s spin-off series a little attention

Posted Images

19 hours ago, Plattym3 said:
21 hours ago, eal said:
Ooh.
B474313A-C1AC-4DB0-812C-4C16F0A6F49E.thumb.jpeg.d3edd39a3a2077d5edc443a4b6285fd1.jpeg
This might be one of those rare instances where I buy digital though because it likely wouldn’t come in by Christmas, then I’d want to wait until Christmas 2021 to play it.

Good plan. The soundtrack is AWESOME! That said, I don't think it's going to be as good to listen to in February/March.

I remember maybe two days before hearing about this game last year doing a though exercise with some co-workers that play video games about what would be in a Santa JRPG that’s graphically in the style of a SNES game, and then almost the exact same thing that we were talking about actually happened.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I just bought Romancing Saga 3 on the eShop for $12 and some change. Almost bought Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition too. I think I’m addicted to buying video games on sale.

I just bought Romancing Saga 3 on the eShop for $12 and some change. Almost bought Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition too. I think I’m addicted to buying video games on sale.
Ditto. I have a huge backlog and what do I do? Grab something new to me for $15 and dive right in!

I did buy Vesperia.
21 hours ago, cprmauldin said:

This is me.

I have bought multiple games in the past solely because they were on sale and I might play it eventually. This year was mostly about me shaking off that mentality and getting rid of those games.

• Like 1
On 11/18/2020 at 5:26 PM, Plattym3 said:

Ditto. I have a huge backlog and what do I do? Grab something new to me for $15 and dive right in!

I did buy Vesperia.

And dove right in?

I managed to pry my finger away from the “Buy” button. Only because I had literally just purchased 3 games from Best Buy’s Black Friday sale 

On 11/18/2020 at 5:36 PM, eal said:

This is me.

I have bought multiple games in the past solely because they were on sale and I might play it eventually. This year was mostly about me shaking off that mentality and getting rid of those games.

I ebb and flow in and out of buying mode. I got strict on myself about buying nothing new until I finished what I had, which lasted about 2 years, but severely cut into the amount of fun I was having. Sure I was finishing games, but I wasn’t too happy with the lack of variety. I think I realized part of the fun, for me, is buying and collecting a nice library of games. 

• Like 1

I tried to go a year with no purchases except for games to play with kids.

I made it 5 months this year without buying! Then I broke down at the end of May and got Golf Story and Graveyard Keeper, which I both absolutely loved, and that broke the seal.

On 11/17/2020 at 11:24 PM, cprmauldin said:

I think I’m addicted to buying video games on sale.

Sale. My least favorite four-letter word. 🤣 It's the only way I will buy a game unless it's Tekken, Dragon Quest, Legend of Zelda, or Castlevania... Sadly, I no longer have to worry about that last one.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, GrandAlchemist said:

Sale. My least favorite four-letter word. 🤣 It's the only way I will buy a game unless it's Tekken, Dragon Quest, Legend of Zelda, or Castlevania... Sadly, I no longer have to worry about that last one.

Haha. My most and least favorite. Constant waves of purchase fueled adrenaline followed by thoughts of “Wait, how many games did I just buy?”

4 hours ago, cprmauldin said:

Haha. My most and least favorite. Constant waves of purchase fueled adrenaline followed by thoughts of “Wait, how many games did I just buy?”

Well, I think I should clarify a bit. I love getting games on sale. Some of my regret stems from the lack of time I have to play them. My real concern with that particular 4-letter word is that it sends my significant other into a frenzy. 🤣 "Baby, look, this $50 conditioner is on sale for $38!"

• Like 1

50D1439B-218A-4AF0-8234-E46BB2716787.jpeg.464a8db9f3a2dbf805fcc6a46d5c8092.jpeg

Skeptical but optimistic this image I’ve seen floating around is real. The February release date is too soon for me to be confident this is actually happening.

F28E247F-3255-4ED0-B018-86823CC7841E.jpeg

Interesting!  I was quite interested in that game earlier this year when I was in a musou mood!  That'll be something I eventually buy if indeed it does come out.

On 11/20/2020 at 2:46 PM, GrandAlchemist said:

Well, I think I should clarify a bit. I love getting games on sale. Some of my regret stems from the lack of time I have to play them. My real concern with that particular 4-letter word is that it sends my significant other into a frenzy. 🤣 "Baby, look, this $50 conditioner is on sale for $38!"

Haha. Same boat, with both lack of time and the significant other going crazy over SALES

• Like 1

The Nintendo eshop Black Friday sales are live! Bought a game for a whopping $2 that’s been on my wishlist for quite a while now: Heavy Burger. It’s a mash up of Data East arcade games where you play as the character from Burger Time wielding a burger firing gun in a race to get the money to the bank in Bad Dudes. Every time you reach a goal, you jump to a new arcade machine. It’s as strange as it sounds but it’s actually really fun!

Here’s some gameplay of the game in action with up to 4 players.

• Like 2

Might have to check out that Heavy Burger, might be fun to play with my kids and and neighbor kids.

• Like 1

Speaking of Musou games and over buying. I caved it and bought Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition. I really didn't even got it on sale, but ended up getting a physical copy since they are coming pretty hard to come by. Another 200+ hour game that I bought and probably won't get around to playing. Ugh. I was so good about not doing this last year.

18 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

The first South Park game is on sale for $11 or $12. So tempted.

It’s a quick game. 12 hours and you can complete the game. It’s also a pretty easy RPG. I played on the hardest difficulty and I think I died only once?

Meanwhile, I bought Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist: Link Evolution. I love that you can do story mode duels using decks the characters played with, and that it also covers the entirety of the franchise up to the game’s release. I’m hyped. Might start it after Thanksgiving.

• Like 1

I’ve been playing through the story mode of Legacy of the Duelist. I plan on building a deck once I’ve gone through some of the GX story, but right now I’m enjoying playing the decks they used in the show. It was hella fun defeating Kaiba with Exodia. It’s cool because every deck from the show has cards in it designed to disrupt the specific opponent’s strategy, so being able to implement the same cards to do that the way it was done in the show is super satisfying. I even tried a reverse duel, which lets you play as the opponent instead. I loved playing Seeker’s incredibly illegal deck, which is just filled with cards meant to stall the opponent from attacking you while you keep drawing cards endlessly until you have all 5 pieces of Exodia. When I played that part of the story, Seeker defeated me in the first turn before I had a chance to do anything.

• Like 1
I’ve been playing through the story mode of Legacy of the Duelist. I plan on building a deck once I’ve gone through some of the GX story, but right now I’m enjoying playing the decks they used in the show. It was hella fun defeating Kaiba with Exodia. It’s cool because every deck from the show has cards in it designed to disrupt the specific opponent’s strategy, so being able to implement the same cards to do that the way it was done in the show is super satisfying. I even tried a reverse duel, which lets you play as the opponent instead. I loved playing Seeker’s incredibly illegal deck, which is just filled with cards meant to stall the opponent from attacking you while you keep drawing cards endlessly until you have all 5 pieces of Exodia. When I played that part of the story, Seeker defeated me in the first turn before I had a chance to do anything.
10,000+ cards. Wow, that blows my poor non-Yu-Gi-Oh mind.
1 hour ago, Plattym3 said:
23 hours ago, eal said:

Especially when you see the walls of text a card is capable of having:

4FFA82C8-ADB4-44C7-8204-E824048B51CC.jpeg.4e520e70f7520c4543fffabba57d279f.jpeg

• Like 1

There are a good 6-8 games on my Switch wishlist on sale right now. I'm going to be good and buy stick with my 1 and only 1 purchase.

Put in 90 minutes last night and while the localization seems far too formal like they handed it to some posh British dude. It's hilarious nonetheless! ec90b2ebc0962a7d9e175d80ffe8a893.jpg

4 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

There are a good 6-8 games on my Switch wishlist on sale right now. I'm going to be good and buy stick with my 1 and only 1 purchase.

Put in 90 minutes last night and while the localization seems far too formal like they handed it to some posh British dude. It's hilarious nonetheless! ec90b2ebc0962a7d9e175d80ffe8a893.jpg

It’s a sophisticated boobie game.

On 11/28/2020 at 12:35 PM, eal said:

On 11/29/2020 at 11:18 AM, Plattym3 said:
On 11/28/2020 at 12:35 PM, eal said:

On 11/29/2020 at 12:24 PM, eal said:

Especially when you see the walls of text a card is capable of having:

4FFA82C8-ADB4-44C7-8204-E824048B51CC.jpeg.4e520e70f7520c4543fffabba57d279f.jpeg

I've been keeping my eye on those Yu-Gi-Oh! games for a while now. I always try to expand the types of games I play, with my most recent dive being into Digimon. 

I very briefly played an collected the cards years ago and that's been about it. Never watched the Anime or got too deep into it. I was the same way with Digimon and I'm in love with Cybersleuth. 

How do you think the game would feel to a Yu-Gi-Oh! novice?