Switch RPGs...?

Had some troubles with an eshop card on Tuesday but after getting that straightened out thanks to Nintendo’s help desk I was able to use the card to get two games on the cheap right now.

First was Child of Light for $5. Heard enough good things about it hear and elsewhere that I decided to get it.

Second was Penny LeClue, which was $3 down from $25. I had my eye on it back when it came out a few months ago since it sounded like an interesting game, but the super sudden price drop made me go for it. Started it up yesterday and have really enjoyed it so far. The shifting perspectives between the author and his characters has had some nice touches so far.

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh, that’s nice. I’m glad Atlus is giving Persona’s spin-off series a little attention

Rewarded myself with a little something yesterday. Barely have played my Switch in 6 weeks as kids and wife have taken over the console. Got $150 in thank yous and such from work so invested wisely.

I’d believe it. Unfortunately I’m big enough of a Mario fan that I’ll gladly buy a copy of 3D All-Stars 🤣. I’ve played and enjoyed each multiple times so having them on the go for the Switch is cool.

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

First was Child of Light for $5. Heard enough good things about it hear and elsewhere that I decided to get it.

Child of light is a great game!!!!!! One of my favorites. :)

• Like 1

Child of light is a great game!!!!!! One of my favorites.
Definitely. There's a history to how it got made, and will never see a sequel. The battle system gets compared to Grandia a lot, but I don't see the 1:1 that much, although it's kidna similar. The way the story is written and the graphics are amazing. And I never say that about anything.

Doesn't it have that one character that messes up the easy rhyme every time? Like his dialogue goes like:

Hello to you sir.
How are you today?
That's a beautiful axe there,
I'd like to borrow it if I... might.

Ah, yes! The photo caption does this better than I ever could! b885dfb6ccc628837ca14f5b58c2ad6a.jpg

On purpose!
On purpose!

Rhyme verses with on purpose!

10 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

There's a history to how it got made, and will never see a sequel.

Did it not sell well enough?

Did it not sell well enough?
More of it was a side project made by some people at Ubisoft. They allowed people to work on passion projects at one point and that popped out. Something companies rarely do.

Made them a nice side chunk of money, but they're AAA company, not small JRPG company.
27 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

Doesn't it have that one character that messes up the easy rhyme every time? Like his dialogue goes like:

Hello to you sir.
How are you today?
That's a beautiful axe there,
I'd like to borrow it if I... might.

Ah, yes! The photo caption does this better than I ever could! b885dfb6ccc628837ca14f5b58c2ad6a.jpg

On purpose!
On purpose!

Rhyme verses with on purpose!

Leave Rubella alone! She's trying her best!

Give her some time to improve; you'll be more... appreciative.

• Like 1

Woo! There’s going to be a big update for Bug Fables on November 5th! It’s going to include new bosses, quests, guest party members, QoL changes, and by the looks of the end of the teaser, a battle with the most fearsome of all the bugs in the game! Can’t wait for it to hit next week!

Child of Light definitely felt like an extravagantly made proof of concept in that it had all the components for an RPG but didn’t go as far as it could. I remember the meager number of very simple side quests that made me question why they were in there at all.

Soundtrack was great though. I went out of my way to buy the CD.

• Like 1

Everyone’s favorite RPG producer, Kemco. Definitely worthy to add to your Switch RPG library.

• Like 1
Everyone’s favorite RPG producer, Kemco. Definitely worthy to add to your Switch RPG library.
I think it'd be hilarious one month, maybe some time in 2021 when some of us are without an exciting thing to play to each play a Kemco game and do a Sidequest on Kemco!

I think Pokémon Shield just blew out my Switch’s speakers? My Gigantimax Pokémon was knocked out and the combination of the rumble and the noises it makes when defeated suddenly caused the sound to cut out. I can’t get the sound to come back. It comes through fine in docked mode and when I put a set of headphones in.

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, eal said:

I think Pokémon Shield just blew out my Switch’s speakers? My Gigantimax Pokémon was knocked out and the combination of the rumble and the noises it makes when defeated suddenly caused the sound to cut out. I can’t get the sound to come back. It comes through fine in docked mode and when I put a set of headphones in.

Oh no! That bites! I wonder if that’s something Nintendo could fix if you sent in your console or if you’re going to have to get a new one.

1 hour ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Oh no! That bites! I wonder if that’s something Nintendo could fix if you sent in your console or if you’re going to have to get a new one.

I was able to get the sound back for a few minutes so the speakers definitely still function. I almost wonder if the rumble dislodged something. It’s not too big of a deal because there are still ways to get sound (I wasn’t even originally playing with the music on, I just turned it up so I could listen to the battle theme). For now, I’m gonna sit on it and see if the sound will come back permanently on its own. If not, I might pop it open and see if something popped out.

There are two good multiplayer games up for grabs on the eshop at a good sale price. Overcooked 1 is on sale for $5, and Overcooked 2 is $12.49 for the base game or $23 for it and all the DLC. First game is local co-op only, but the sequel has online play with up to 4 people. For $5, that’s a good deal on Overcooked 1.

I can’t remember if I said this in this topic, but Jenny LeClue is on sale for $3 right now until November 8th. Seriously, this game is REALLY WORTH IT for that price. I’ve been very surprised and impressed with it. If you have $3 floating on the eshop, get it.

There are two good multiplayer games up for grabs on the eshop at a good sale price. Overcooked 1 is on sale for $5, and Overcooked 2 is $12.49 for the base game or $23 for it and all the DLC. First game is local co-op only, but the sequel has online play with up to 4 people. For $5, that’s a good deal on Overcooked 1.
I can’t remember if I said this in this topic, but Jenny LeClue is on sale for $3 right now until November 8th. Seriously, this game is REALLY WORTH IT for that price. I’ve been very surprised and impressed with it. If you have $3 floating on the eshop, get it.
What even are these games?
9 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

What even are these games?

YouTube to the rescue since Platty didn’t look up gameplay. 🤪

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit
3 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

So... putting the question mark in the topic title? emoji848.pngemoji6.pngemoji8.png

Come on, you’ve been on the Den longer than most of us who use this topic. You should know by now we don’t actually stay ON topic.

Besides, where else are we going to share this kind of information on the Den? I’d rather we use topics like this to spread info on sales or upcoming games regardless of the genre.

• Like 1
Come on, you’ve been on the Den longer than most of us who use this topic. You should know by now we don’t actually stay ON topic.
Besides, where else are we going to share this kind of information on the Den? I’d rather we use topics like this to spread info on sales or upcoming games regardless of the genre.
That's why I put 2 winky faces. Winky faces make everything OK. https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/73392/winky-faces-make-your-texts-sarcastic-scientists-say
2 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

That's why I put 2 winky faces. Winky faces make everything OK. https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/73392/winky-faces-make-your-texts-sarcastic-scientists-say

More buns would have helped make that clear too.

Ooh.

B474313A-C1AC-4DB0-812C-4C16F0A6F49E.thumb.jpeg.d3edd39a3a2077d5edc443a4b6285fd1.jpeg
This might be one of those rare instances where I buy digital though because it likely wouldn’t come in by Christmas, then I’d want to wait until Christmas 2021 to play it.

• Like 1