Switch RPGs...?

6 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

I would totally get it if it wasn’t being handled by Limited Run Games. I really hate how they have to taken control of making physical copies for certain games and that you pretty much have to snipe a copy the instant they open up pre-orders. Pisses me off that SNK keeps going to them for physical versions of their fighters.

Sorry, don’t mean to complain to you Twinkie since you were just sharing the news. It just annoys me how Limited Run Games handles their business.

Do they do that? That sucks. I thought they were made on order. Its all good. No need to apologize.

I only bought one game from them. But it wasn't one of their "limited run" titles.

Edited by Twinkie
  • Like 1
  • Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dude you need like 5 more paragraphs before I'll believe that somebody hasn't hacked your account. Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I’d believe it. Unfortunately I’m big enough of a Mario fan that I’ll gladly buy a copy of 3D All-Stars 🤣. I’ve played and enjoyed each multiple times so having them on the go for the Switch is cool.

That’s the correct reaction to Episode 1 but not Pod Racing

Posted Images

Do they do that? That sucks. I thought they were made on order. Its all good. No need to apologize.

I only bought one game from them. But it wasn't one of their "limited run" titles.
Depends on the game. As time goes on, most are limited by time, not by number anymore.

Yeah it really doesn't seem like they sell out as quickly anymore.

They just take forever to actually get them out.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Plattym3 said:

Hey Twinsie, check out this twin pack coming next year. If you ever get around to finishing Nexus, more DRPG goodness is coming to Switch next.

@YangustheLegendaryBandit

45606d28310a7259370d2336408553f1.jpg

The first game, never heard of it, Strangers of Sword City Revisited, #$*! YEAH! I loved that game on the Vita.

36 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

It was a Vita title from July 2019, stayed Japan only. Another DRPG

https://www.siliconera.com/experiences-azure-winged-chevalier-being-localized-as-saviors-of-sapphire-wings/

That’s pretty sweet. I’ve been hoping for a dungeon crawler on Switch, and this new game + Strangers would fill that need. I’m leery to try and order from NIS America’s website, but I wouldn’t mind getting that limited edition.

Strangers was a really good game. It could be tough, but I loved it and how it handled the class system and character creation. It reminded me of a mix of SMT Strange Journey and a little Etrian.

• Like 1

Looking at Amazon you can get the games via pre-order now. I may just go for the standard physical copy, as thinking about it I don’t really need the bonus stuff. Plus I already have Stranger of Sword City’s soundtrack courtesy of iTunes.

https://www.amazon.com/Saviors-Sapphire-Wings-Stranger-Sword-Revisited/dp/B08FC4RDL1/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=stranger+of+sword+city&qid=1596928670&sr=8-1

• Like 1

NIS America is running a sale on the eshop until August 18th, and from it I picked up The Lost Child. It was 70% off, and I’ve been wanting a dungeon crawler for the Switch. It definitely seems inspired by Shin Megami Tensei, but from reviews I read the game does a lot to differentiate itself and is a solid game overall. The leveling up system for the monsters you can recruit sounds interesting, and I like the approach is has that angels, demons, and so forth live among humans in a Men in Black type of situation.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit
  • Like 1

@ealI need your anime/voice actor knowledge. When watching a few of the quick fire trailers for that Lost Child game, they have a few featuring one of the main characters Lua. Do you have any idea who her English VA is? She sounds kind of familiar but for the life of me I can’t place who it is.

[mention=5497]eal[/mention]I need your anime/voice actor knowledge. When watching a few of the quick fire trailers for that Lost Child game, they have a few featuring one of the main characters Lua. Do you have any idea who her English VA is? She sounds kind of familiar but for the life of me I can’t place who it is.

https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/Debi-Derryberry/#:~:text=Debi%20Derryberry%20(269%20Character%20Images)%20-%20Behind%20The%20Voice%20Actors

Thus says Google. But that web page won't pull up on my phone past 3 or 4 roles.

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/Debi-Derryberry/#:~:text=Debi%20Derryberry%20(269%20Character%20Images)%20-%20Behind%20The%20Voice%20Actors

Thus says Google. But that web page won't pull up on my phone past 3 or 4 roles.

Thus does not say Google. That’s the voice of Jimmy Neutron and she’s not listed for Lost Child. There doesn’t seem to be any info on the English voice cast. I skimmed through the credits of an LP and they don’t credit the English voice actors (even though they credit whoever made the game’s trailer?). Side note: Come All Ye Faithful is the end credits theme. Also, if you try to look up the Japanese voice actress for Lua on Behind the Voice Actors, The Lost Child isn’t listed, nor can you find the game itself on the website. There’s a wiki, but it doesn’t list English voices as far as I could tell. The title of the game also makes it difficult to find info on it.

Edited by eal
54 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

Yeah, I saw that, and that’s why I turned to eal for help. There’s no way in hell that that Lua character is voiced by Debi Derryberry. I’ve heard her in cartoons and games since I was a wee little Yangus and that’s definitely not her voice in The Lost Child! 🤣

35 minutes ago, eal said:

Thus does not say Google. That’s the voice of Jimmy Neutron and she’s not listed for Lost Child. There doesn’t seem to be any info on the English voice cast. I skimmed through the credits of an LP and they don’t credit the English voice actors (even though they credit whoever made the game’s trailer?). Side note: Come All Ye Faithful is the end credits theme. Also, if you try to look up the Japanese voice actress for Lua on Behind the Voice Actors, The Lost Child isn’t listed, nor can you find the game itself on the website. There’s a wiki, but it doesn’t list English voices as far as I could tell. The title of the game also makes it difficult to find info on it.

Alright, you searched everywhere I did too. Dang, I hate when games don’t credit the VAs. Well, thanks for trying to find an answer. Maybe once I start playing the game it will come to me who I think the VA might be.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Yeah, I saw that, and that’s why I turned to eal for help. There’s no way in hell that that Lua character is voiced by Debi Derryberry. I’ve heard her in cartoons and games since I was a wee little Yangus and that’s definitely not her voice in The Lost Child! 🤣

Alright, you searched everywhere I did too. Dang, I hate when games don’t credit the VAs. Well, thanks for trying to find an answer. Maybe once I start playing the game it will come to me who I think the VA might be.

To be honest, most anime game dubs, especially NIS America and Atlus ones, are farmed out to Bang Zoom! so there’s a 90% chance you’ve heard her voice in Etrian Odyssey.

9 minutes ago, eal said:

To be honest, most anime game dubs, especially NIS America and Atlus ones, are farmed out to Bang Zoom! so there’s a 90% chance you’ve heard her voice in Etrian Odyssey.

Did not know that. Unfortunately I probably wouldn’t recognize her from Etrian if she’s been in one of the games because I mute the VA in all the games that feature it. It’s one of those instances where the VA takes me out of the experience.

Some of the games do have a Theater mode where you can hear the fully voiced lines and grunts/short lines once you’ve beaten the games, so I’ll see if I hear her in one of those.

There were some interesting announcements with the Indie World Showcase this morning. I can’t remember the name of it, but the one game that really grabbed my attention was the 3D world exploring game that had graphics reminiscent of DS hardware. I’ll have to re-watch the presentation since I had miss some of it during my break, but there were some good looking Indie games that are launching today or down the road.

There were some interesting announcements with the Indie World Showcase this morning. I can’t remember the name of it, but the one game that really grabbed my attention was the 3D world exploring game that had graphics reminiscent of DS hardware. I’ll have to re-watch the presentation since I had miss some of it during my break, but there were some good looking Indie games that are launching today or down the road.

A Short Hike is what I believe you're talking about.
34 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:
57 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

A Short Hike is what I believe you're talking about.

Yep, that’s the one! That game looked really cool, as did Raji: An Ancient Epic. Gonna put those on my eshop wishlist for the future.

The quick showcase at the end had some cool looking games too. I’m going to wait and see more info on them, but Unrailed and She Dreams Elsewhere look like interesting games.

Someone in one of my discord servers said the game is pretty good. The game isn't very long, but its only like $7.

Spiritfarer looks really good as well.

But the game that caught my interest is Card Shark. Hoping it doesn't stay a console exclusive as long. Rather play indie games on my PC.

1 hour ago, Twinkie said:

Someone in one of my discord servers said the game is pretty good. The game isn't very long, but its only like $7.

Spiritfarer looks really good as well.

But the game that caught my interest is Card Shark. Hoping it doesn't stay a console exclusive as long. Rather play indie games on my PC.

I’m okay with the lower price point to be honest. Seems like my kind of game.

Spiritfarer looks cool. I’d like to see some more gameplay of it before it get it, but I’m really liking the artstyle. Card Shark seemed interesting too. Again, really liked the artstyle and am looking forward to hearing more about it.

There were some good announcements from today. My Vita was my Indie game machine but my Switch has slowly become my new one.

24 minutes ago, DragonQuest2IsGood said:

Which discord server?

If Twinkie wanted us to know which one he would have said.

Went ahead and bought A Short Hike after work today. I’m looking forward to starting it and might give it a go after work tomorrow.

Also lucked out with the Indie game sale and saw that Enter the Gungeon was at a good sale price. Went ahead and got that too as I’ve been wanting to play that game for a while now.