eal

Switch RPGs...?

1 hour ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

I played Civ 4 like 11 years ago at a friend’s house but that didn’t get very far since we had to get off the computer. This is the first time I’ve played a Civ game since then.

Yeah. I think I last played the one on 360. 

From what I remember, its slow to start but gets pretty addicting once you get into it. 

Well I was definitely glued to Civilization VI this evening. Continued my map at 9:30 this evening and didn’t even realize how late it was until just now. Oops.

I’m slowly figuring things out, and am having fun. I’m still not sure how some things work, so I may have to consult the Civilopedia and other sources, but it’s been a good time so far. Hopefully I won’t do too badly whenever this game ends haha!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Well I was definitely glued to Civilization VI this evening. Continued my map at 9:30 this evening and didn’t even realize how late it was until just now. Oops.

I’m slowly figuring things out, and am having fun. I’m still not sure how some things work, so I may have to consult the Civilopedia and other sources, but it’s been a good time so far. Hopefully I won’t do too badly whenever this game ends haha!

There ya go!

I've got a buddy who is way into Civ 6. That's his number one comment: loss of time. He says it feels like its been 20 minutes, then looks at the clock and realizes its been hours. 

Greece has become my enemy in Civ 6. It’s the neighboring empire to mine, and for whatever reason their leader (Gorgo) HATES me. Been like that for so many turns in the game and I’m not sure why since I allowed emissaries, trade and the like. Before I knew it several armed units were surrounding my capital city, Washington, and Greece declared war on me!

I think choosing a tiny map was a bad idea too. There’s not enough free space amongst the 4 empires (mine included) and things feel really cramped for what can be done. I’ll see this match through to the end, but I think on my next go I’m going to go for a larger world map size or look for recommendations so things don’t feel so cramped.

• Like 1

Finally got Greece to leave me the #$*! alone and make peace...which I’m glad they did because I ended up destroying two of their cities in the process and taking them for myself. Seems like that made Greece realize “Oh #$*!, Roosevelt means business,” after that.

Hopefully all this war nonsense won’t happen again in the game and I can just focus on keeping my empire growing bigger and better. I really cut it close with the war with Greece, as they had access to iron which made their attack units much stronger than mine. Thank god for catapults!

Got a new RPG yesterday that'd I'd wanted for a good 5 months now. Ring Fit Adventure came! Thanks to@Dakhil for the tip on the website/Discord of Stock Informer I snagged one within 36 hours of signing up.

My wife tried it out first today and did 40 minutes of workouts and set her preferences.

I tried the RPG mode. Damn, I literally do no exercises besides some stationary bike/elliptical and sometimes arm stuff with some weights and that kicked my thighs and abs something good. Lost to the first boss until I realized I could do more damage by paying more attention to my form and squatting lower and such. Good fun, glad I got it!

1 hour ago, Plattym3 said:

Got a new RPG yesterday that'd I'd wanted for a good 5 months now. Ring Fit Adventure came! Thanks to@Dakhil for the tip on the website/Discord of Stock Informer I snagged one within 36 hours of signing up.

My wife tried it out first today and did 40 minutes of workouts and set her preferences.

I tried the RPG mode. Damn, I literally do no exercises besides some stationary bike/elliptical and sometimes arm stuff with some weights and that kicked my thighs and abs something good. Lost to the first boss until I realized I could do more damage by paying more attention to my form and squatting lower and such. Good fun, glad I got it!

I’ve heard that this game is legit, both as an RPG and as a way to workout. It’s also very hard to find, which is uncommon for a game that comes with a peripheral. Pre-COVID i could still find Labo sets on store shelves.

• Like 1

I wrote the ring fit thing off as a gimmick. Is it seriously worth looking into?

I’ve heard that this game is legit, both as an RPG and as a way to workout. It’s also very hard to find, which is uncommon for a game that comes with a peripheral. Pre-COVID i could still find Labo sets on store shelves.

Apparently it was a 3-pronged reason for being hard to find.

1. Production went down due to shutdowns in China.
2. Demand went up because people were stuck at home.
3. Demand skyrocketed for the peripherals in China as the game got released there and you know... 1 billion people and all. I read articles about Australian companies taking all their copies and selling them for 2-3X the price back to China.

I wrote the ring fit thing off as a gimmick. Is it seriously worth looking into?

https://rpgamer.com/review/ring-fit-adventure-review/

Pascal doesn't heap praise on much. And he spent 6 months with it before writing the review.

If anyone on my Switch friend list that can see me pop up on their Switches playing a game are wondering wtf If My Heart Had Wings is and why I’m playing it, it’s a visual novel. I have a lot I haven’t gotten to so I’ve been playing through a bunch of them lately. It’s a standard VN but it’s got some money in it and a few uncommon elements to the story that make it a worthwhile read.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eal said:

If anyone on my Switch friend list that can see me pop up on their Switches playing a game are wondering wtf If My Heart Had Wings is and why I’m playing it, it’s a visual novel. I have a lot I haven’t gotten to so I’ve been playing through a bunch of them lately. It’s a standard VN but it’s got some money in it and a few uncommon elements to the story that make it a worthwhile read.

I got AI: The Somnium Files like 5 days ago and binged it all in 3 days. It was really fun and unique.

35 minutes ago, DragonQuest2IsGood said:

I got AI: The Somnium Files like 5 days ago and binged it all in 3 days. It was really fun and unique.

It’s on my list. I have a lot that I already own that I need to play. It’ll probably be on my Christmas list or something.

Ok, Ring Fit has kicked my ass. And my quads. Both are so sore today. I did 1 more mission yesterday than it kind of recommends. I think I literally did more squats yesterday than any other year of my life. I said that to my wife and she was totally WTF. Considering I don't ever remembering doing a squat ever in my life (I just have always done cardio and light weightlifting), doing 60+ yesterday was good. Got some new attacks/exercises that work as area of effect attacks. Pretty neat. Cleared out World 2. May need to take a break today and just go ride my bike or something lower impact.

• Like 1

Haha. DQB2 had that happen 2 years ago and yet when I tried to use that as "proof" to write it as my most anticipated 2019 RPG, my editor wouldn't let me. He told me those financials weren't proof enough. Bleh. It's always been coming. This is more evidence. Wonder what they're waiting on? A simultaneous release with P5 on Switch would be lovely.

12 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:
2 hours ago, eal said:

Haha. DQB2 had that happen 2 years ago and yet when I tried to use that as "proof" to write it as my most anticipated 2019 RPG, my editor wouldn't let me. He told me those financials weren't proof enough. Bleh. It's always been coming. This is more evidence. Wonder what they're waiting on? A simultaneous release with P5 on Switch would be lovely.

I watched an interesting video about how Catherine is often used by Atlus to test the waters for potential releases. It’s been stated that it was a test for the development of Persona 5 (presumably since it was the Atlus’s first HD game), Catherine Classic came to PC, where people have been begging to get Persona ports, just before Full Body came to PS4 (...and Vita), and now we have Catherine on Switch. So it’s safe to say that a Switch port of Persona 5 is in the cards.

• Like 1

I watched an interesting video about how Catherine is often used by Atlus to test the waters for potential releases. It’s been stated that it was a test for the development of Persona 5 (presumably since it was the Atlus’s first HD game), Catherine Classic came to PC, where people have been begging to get Persona ports, just before Full Body came to PS4 (...and Vita), and now we have Catherine on Switch. So it’s safe to say that a Switch port of Persona 5 is in the cards.
Yeah, I think the writing has been on the wall for ages. Likely a 1 year PS4 exclusive needs to pass for the update or something. It's only a matter of time. 34da60c22dc8322fc32d431478b87896.jpg

1 minute ago, Plattym3 said:

Yeah, I think the writing has been on the wall for ages. Likely a 1 year PS4 exclusive needs to pass for the update or something. It's only a matter of time. 34da60c22dc8322fc32d431478b87896.jpg

I would still sooner get Scramble first since P5 was great but I also played it and it was 100 hours long and Scramble is a sequel and it looks pretty good and not 100 hours long.

• Like 1

Anyone  going to pick up Moon: Remix RPG Adventure?  The game is finally going to have an English release on August 27th.

Not me. Battle systems are how I judge a game, and this has none. Sounds funny and a unique concept, but not for me.

I had the random inspiration to pop back into Puzzle Quest for an hour and took on that really tough Blood Mage boss that would cause the game to crash if we both had Soul Bond active. I somehow managed to defeat her without using Soul Bond at all. I don’t even know how, I just saw her health had tanked significantly and kept the momentum going. I’m guessing my Ultimate Troll Ring helped me recover more health then Soul Bond was costing me and I managed to take the advantage.

This is usually how it goes for me. Struggle with a boss for a long time and then defeat them smoothly in one go after not playing the game in forever.

• Like 1

Grandia HD collection is getting a physical release on Limited Run Games for anyone that is interested.

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Twinkie said:

Grandia HD collection is getting a physical release on Limited Run Games for anyone that is interested.

I would totally get it if it wasn’t being handled by Limited Run Games. I really hate how they have to taken control of making physical copies for certain games and that you pretty much have to snipe a copy the instant they open up pre-orders. Pisses me off that SNK keeps going to them for physical versions of their fighters.

Sorry, don’t mean to complain to you Twinkie since you were just sharing the news. It just annoys me how Limited Run Games handles their business.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

I mean, I would totally get it if it wasn’t being handled by Limited Run Games. I really hate how they have to taken control of making physical copies for certain games and that you pretty much have to snipe a copy the instant they open up pre-orders. Pisses me off that SNK keeps going to them for physical versions of their fighters.

Maybe that's what they did with SNK, but that's not the case with Grandia and most of their other stuff. More often than not they're going to open pre-orders. Grandia is for sale for weeks.

3 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

I would totally get it if it wasn’t being handled by Limited Run Games. I really hate how they have to taken control of making physical copies for certain games and that you pretty much have to snipe a copy the instant they open up pre-orders. Pisses me off that SNK keeps going to them for physical versions of their fighters.

Sorry, don’t mean to complain to you Twinkie since you were just sharing the news. It just annoys me how Limited Run Games handles their business.

For basically all Switch games, it’s open pre-order for two weeks. Some high demand games like Grandia are four weeks. And if you miss that period there’s a small stock at most Best Buy a few months later. It’s PS4 and PS Vita that get limited batches, but I think by now most PS4 games are open pre-orders.