eal

Switch RPGs...?

On 6/23/2020 at 9:20 AM, Plattym3 said:

I'm far enough behind I can wait on Switch ports of Cold Steel. Tempted to preorder. I'll wait and see if Walmart makes Amazon drop the price.

You think they'll ever do the three games in a multi-pack?

You think they'll ever do the three games in a multi-pack?

Nah, they're too big. You still can't buy the 3 Trails in the Sky games as a combo anywhere.

4 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

Nah, they're too big. You still can't buy the 3 Trails in the Sky games as a combo anywhere.

I guess I'm back to trying to decide which platform to get em on. I've got Cold Steel II for PS4 sitting on my shelf because I snagged it at a good price from an auction site, so I'm trying to decide whether or not to stick with the platform. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cprmauldin said:

I guess I'm back to trying to decide which platform to get em on. I've got Cold Steel II for PS4 sitting on my shelf because I snagged it at a good price from an auction site, so I'm trying to decide whether or not to stick with the platform. 

I would say go for PS4 since that’s the system Falcom developed the games for. Not sure how the Switch versions are/how well they play.

I don’t know if we’ll see Trails of Cold Steel 1 and 2 on the Switch. They were published by XSeed, while NIS America handled publishing Cold Steel 3 and the upcoming 4. Pretty sure it’s because of NIS that Ys 8 (and eventually 9) and Cold Steel 3 and 4 have Switch versions.

14 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

I would say go for PS4 since that’s the system Falcom developed the games for. Not sure how the Switch versions are/how well they play.

I don’t know if we’ll see Trails of Cold Steel 1 and 2 on the Switch. They were published by XSeed, while NIS America handled publishing Cold Steel 3 and the upcoming 4. Pretty sure it’s because of NIS that Ys 8 (and eventually 9) and Cold Steel 3 and 4 have Switch versions.

Sounds good to me. 

I'll go see what Amazon has em priced at these days. 

• Like 1

I've been at an impass the past few days. Honestly Golf Story was my favorite new game I've played since probably SteamWorld Quest last year. I beat Puzzle Quest and was looking forward to finishing off another game on vacation, but after a few days just spent reading Dai & playing DQ Rivals, I realized I don't have a burning desire to play anything right now.

So I bought a game I've wanted to play the past 2 summers.

2 years ago I saw it was coming out and got excited. Then it was only on PC and in August and reviews were mixed and I let it go.

1 year ago I saw it coming to Switch! Finally thought I'd get it, but it was a late July release and by that time DQB2 was out and I was 70 hours deep in that and then something else and something else...

But, I threw out a Tweet today asking for good pixel RPGs for Switch. Got decent turn-based answers but wasn't too excited about them. Looked for sales and what is on sale?

GRAVEYARD KEEPER COLLECTORS EDITION!!! Complete with 2 DLCs that sound like good additions.

Since Square Enix said that they're planning to announce games meant for E3 2020 on around July and August, what games do you hope Square Enix will announce? I think The World Ends with You sequel is one definite announcement. 

I played Graveyard Keeper for 5 straight hours last night. It's still got some small bugs like a misspelling, text overflow issues, and some misplaced pixels. But my goodness, I love it. The best part is it's the PERFECT chill game to play while I watch 40+ hours of Netflix Arrowverse shows I need to catch up on.

Since Square Enix said that they're planning to announce games meant for E3 2020 on around July and August, what games do you hope Square Enix will announce? I think The World Ends with You sequel is one definite announcement. 
Bravely Default II would be nice.

On 6/26/2020 at 8:03 AM, Dakhil said:

I said this elsewhere, but I wouldn't mind replaying some DQ games on the Switch. 

I'd really love to get into a monsters game again also. Most recent one I played was Joker. I still need to play Joker 2, but I'd gladly skip that to play something on the Switch. 

• Like 1

Seems that's a roll playing game.

I'll allow it.
You were asking about 16 bit Switch RPGs recently right? I can't believe I didnt think to recommend Evoland 2. Although not entirely 16 bit I enjoyed it.
  • Like 1

You were asking about 16 bit Switch RPGs recently right? I can't believe I didnt think to recommend Evoland 2. Although not entirely 16 bit I enjoyed it.
Someone discussed that on a mega podcast I was on once. Need to bookmark it, sounds good! Thanks!

Posted (edited)
On 6/16/2020 at 8:25 PM, eal said:

I’m also looking forward to this but I might actually wait to get it if/when Limited Run Games does a physical release (they have been doing the physical copies of Star Wars re-releases). I have fond memories of playing it, but it was always someone else’s copy, not mine. I didn’t have an N64 or anything else that ran it. So it would be nice to have a physical copy all my own.

Apparently it was already a thing a while ago and it's already sold out.

https://limitedrungames.com/collections/games/products/star-wars-racer-revenge-classic-edition-ps4

I'm a fool. Nevermind.

Edited by AustNerevar

2 hours ago, AustNerevar said:

Apparently it was already a thing a while ago and it's already sold out.

https://limitedrungames.com/collections/games/products/star-wars-racer-revenge-classic-edition-ps4

I'm a fool. Nevermind.

I mean, it is weird that the sequel got a re-release well before the original, more popular game.

I mean, it is weird that the sequel got a re-release well before the original, more popular game.
Like you, I wanted to wait for a LRG release but I caved last week and bought it. My son loves watching me play any kind of fast moving action game so I wanted to see if it would entrance him like other racing games do.

He cries and points at the remote everytime I put it on :/

24 minutes ago, AustNerevar said:

Like you, I wanted to wait for a LRG release but I caved last week and bought it. My son loves watching me play any kind of fast moving action game so I wanted to see if it would entrance him like other racing games do.

He cries and points at the remote everytime I put it on 😕

That’s the correct reaction to Episode 1 but not Pod Racing :(

• Like 2

So I've managed to find a new copy of Trials of Mana for the Nintendo Switch for $28.99 plus $4.98 for shipping on Amazon from a third party seller with a 98% rating. So I guess I'm getting Trials of Mana.

• Like 1

The Drum Game is getting a free update! Apparently it’s sold 1 million copies total, so to celebrate Namco is releasing 10 free music tracks from different Namco properties and they will add in a new online mode.

Guess it’s a good thing I bought a copy during the summer sale. I’m happy for some more music for the game since it’s been a pretty fun title to relax with.

https://www.siliconera.com/taiko-no-tatsujin-switch-free-dlc-to-celebrate-one-million-copies/

• Like 1

On 6/29/2020 at 7:45 PM, AustNerevar said:

He cries and points at the remote everytime I put it on 😕

It’s coming this week!

It’s coming this week!
And they have one that comes in an N64 box. This is what I get for being impatient.