Switch RPGs...?

Dang. Well that explains why it suddenly disappeared. Weird it’s game page just wasn’t left up and the date changed to “TBA 2020,” or something.
That IS weird. I mean last year the Grandia page sat there forever, just patiently waiting.
  • Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finally, finally, finally completed Stick of Truth. Every quest and collectible. I feel like I played 40 hours of content but my playtime says just 12. Combined with my other two attempts it’s closer

I got Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition and Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen for Christmas. I’m also expecting the Grandia HD Collection some time tomorrow. Very hyped to play some long RPGs in the n

@Plattym3and @eal, your dreams are finally coming true. Persona 5 Strikers is coming out February 23rd next year. The announcement video was leaked to YouTube a short while ago but was removed. Seems

Posted Images

Early opinions on Mega Mix: it’s a good mix of songs, but I think a fatal issue is that, despite being more than 90% old content, they didn’t try their best to even the ratio between Hatsune Miku songs and songs featuring the other Vocaloids. My favorite Vocaloid from these games is MEIKO and they totally skipped over one of her songs from Project DIVA f, which is also one of my favorites. Of the 140+ songs available, only 4 are songs that features just her, and isn’t a duet or guest appearance. To be fair, the other Vocaloids have significantly more songs that features just themselves (I think Luka had 11?). But anyways, the songs that are here are pretty good. There’s a fair mix of the songs I liked from previous games. It’s only missing two songs I’d have really like to have seen on the roster.

As for the whole package, I like the expansion on customization. You can buy hair separate from the costumes, so you can mix and match a bit more. The menus look more sleek than previous games. Project DIVA f is one of my favorite games on the Vita, but the menus were substandard and it made navigating the game outside of the rhythm game portion unenjoyable. I do miss the old loading screens though. One thing I liked about f was it used fanart for the loading screen and there was a gallery where you could collect and look at it. In Mega Mix it’s just bland CG models on generic backgrounds.

One feature I really dislike that I remember being present at least in Future Tone is the #$*!ing awful multi-button prompt note that will pop up at least once in every song. You have so little time to process which buttons to press and oftentimes there will be notes right before or right after, so I almost always screw it up. For example you might need to press the Up and Left directional and A and B at the same time, but by the time you’ve processed this, you’ve made some sort of mistake trying to do it and the song is already moving on. It’s #$*!ing obnoxious.

But it’s overall hella fun and I’m enjoying going through the song list. I’ve played every song from A-D so far and I’ve played a bunch of random ones I’m familiar with and like.

45 minutes ago, eal said:

Early opinions on Mega Mix: it’s a good mix of songs, but I think a fatal issue is that, despite being more than 90% old content, they didn’t try their best to even the ratio between Hatsune Miku songs and songs featuring the other Vocaloids. My favorite Vocaloid from these games is MEIKO and they totally skipped over one of her songs from Project DIVA f, which is also one of my favorites. Of the 140+ songs available, only 4 are songs that features just her, and isn’t a duet or guest appearance. To be fair, the other Vocaloids have significantly more songs that features just themselves (I think Luka had 11?). But anyways, the songs that are here are pretty good. There’s a fair mix of the songs I liked from previous games. It’s only missing two songs I’d have really like to have seen on the roster.

As for the whole package, I like the expansion on customization. You can buy hair separate from the costumes, so you can mix and match a bit more. The menus look more sleek than previous games. Project DIVA f is one of my favorite games on the Vita, but the menus were substandard and it made navigating the game outside of the rhythm game portion unenjoyable. I do miss the old loading screens though. One thing I liked about f was it used fanart for the loading screen and there was a gallery where you could collect and look at it. In Mega Mix it’s just bland CG models on generic backgrounds.

One feature I really dislike that I remember being present at least in Future Tone is the #$*!ing awful multi-button prompt note that will pop up at least once in every song. You have so little time to process which buttons to press and oftentimes there will be notes right before or right after, so I almost always screw it up. For example you might need to press the Up and Left directional and A and B at the same time, but by the time you’ve processed this, you’ve made some sort of mistake trying to do it and the song is already moving on. It’s #$*!ing obnoxious.

But it’s overall hella fun and I’m enjoying going through the song list. I’ve played every song from A-D so far and I’ve played a bunch of random ones I’m familiar with and like.

Did you buy the version that came with all the DLC songs? I saw the game up on the eshop last night and was confused that for just the game itself it was $39.39. Not $39.99, but $39.39. Wonder what magic was worked to make it $.60 cents cheaper than what the expected price.

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Did you buy the version that came with all the DLC songs? I saw the game up on the eshop last night and was confused that for just the game itself it was $39.39. Not $39.99, but $39.39. Wonder what magic was worked to make it $.60 cents cheaper than what the expected price.

There were two versions of the game: the $40 version is the base game with about 101 songs I think, and the $60 version is the base game with all the DLC song packs included. I let it slide for now because $60 is the expected price for a new game, but I don’t support this practice. There were 6 song packs for $6 each, so it made more sense as a value proposition to get it those packs for an extra 20. The fact that there were a few songs I really liked spread out among all of them made it easier to justify getting them all. Adding insult to injury is the fact that Future Tone was $60 when you bought the two DLC packs separately (and about $54 if bought together), but the song total was over 200.

15 minutes ago, eal said:

There were two versions of the game: the $40 version is the base game with about 101 songs I think, and the $60 version is the base game with all the DLC song packs included. I let it slide for now because $60 is the expected price for a new game, but I don’t support this practice. There were 6 song packs for $6 each, so it made more sense as a value proposition to get it those packs for an extra 20. The fact that there were a few songs I really liked spread out among all of them made it easier to justify getting them all. Adding insult to injury is the fact that Future Tone was $60 when you bought the two DLC packs separately (and about $54 if bought together), but the song total was over 200.

The standard version was the one priced at $39.39. I couldn’t figure out why is was $.60 cheaper than $39.99, but 🤷‍♂️. I just thought it was funny.

spacer.png

Maybe they’ll add more songs as DLC like the ones you were hoping for.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit
18 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

The standard version was the one priced at $39.39. I couldn’t figure out why is was $.60 cheaper than $39.99, but 🤷‍♂️. I just thought it was funny.

spacer.png

Maybe they’ll add more songs as DLC like the ones you were hoping for.

Mega Mix is basically an arcade game so it would be wise for more songs to be added, but I don’t think they will. I don’t believe they ever did that with Future Tone either.

My guess for why it was on sale was so it will show up in the Great Deals section on the eShop. Basically anything on sale, no matter how much, will end up there.

3 minutes ago, eal said:

Mega Mix is basically an arcade game so it would be wise for more songs to be added, but I don’t think they will. I don’t believe they ever did that with Future Tone either.

My guess for why it was on sale was so it will show up in the Great Deals section on the eShop. Basically anything on sale, no matter how much, will end up there.

eal, it’s not on sale. It’s not in the Great Deals section, it doesn’t show any % discount anywhere you look. It’s just straight up $39.39 for the regular version of the game on the eshop! 🤣

Look at the games next to it in the picture and note that there’s no % discount!

spacer.png

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

eal, it’s not on sale. It’s not in the Great Deals section, it doesn’t show any % discount anywhere you look. It’s just straight up $39.39 for the regular version of the game on the eshop! 🤣

Look at the games next to it in the picture and note that there’s no % discount!

spacer.png

Okay, so that’s extra weird because I distinctly remember it being $39.99 a few days ago lol.

• Like 1

This video from Nintendo made me all the more happy to get Clubhouse Games. I’m REALLY happy they confirmed you can check the rules whenever you want to, and being able to play the game on multiple systems with only one copy of the game is excellent. My buddies and I took advantage of that with games like Mario Party DS back in highschool since I was the only one who owned the game. Always good to see this kind of feature for a multiplayer game.

Also, I love all the Mario designs on the various playing card games that you can use. Love the artstyle they used for the characters.

This game is surprisingly one of my most anticipated games of the year. Can’t wait for June 5th. 😃

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit
  • Like 1

You know what was a good game on DS? Puzzle Quest. You know what’s a a good game on Switch? Puzzle Quest.

• Like 1
You know what was a good game on DS? Puzzle Quest. You know what’s a a good game on Switch? Puzzle Quest.

Ditto! I think I'm halfway through it on my Switch now. It's been a good exercise game.

Coincidently I used to do that on my old DS too. The ex-wife spent far too much money on a treadmill. I couldn't play much while walking on that, but an untimed puzzle game works. Now I do it on the recumbent bike.

1 hour ago, Plattym3 said:

Ditto! I think I'm halfway through it on my Switch now. It's been a good exercise game.

Coincidently I used to do that on my old DS too. The ex-wife spent far too much money on a treadmill. I couldn't play much while walking on that, but an untimed puzzle game works. Now I do it on the recumbent bike.

I’ve played the DS version to completion so many times I decided to challenge myself by playing as a Blood Mage, which is classified as Very Hard mode. It’s mostly manageable except for one side quest involving an enemy that has a skill that lets them heal as much as they want for an incredibly small amount of mana.

• Like 1

I’m making a lot of progress in Puzzle Quest, especially ever since I equipped the Ultimate Troll Ring. Seriously, gather up enough blue mana and you get +3 health regeneration every turn. It finally gave a use to blue mana since Blood Mages don’t seem to utilize it much. It was instrumental to defeating golems, making it basically a war of attrition whereas it was impossible to bring their health down due to their healing abilities. The Nullify skill is also incredibly damaging when laying siege to a Citadel and the Ultimate Troll Ring helps bounce back from the hit to your health for using it.

23 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

Dude, you have absolutely no need to boost your trolling level!

Just call me Trode.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, eal said:

Just call me Trode.

That would explain why you like mentioning (horse) Medea every now and then. 🤔

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

That would explain why you like mentioning (horse) Medea every now and then. 🤔

Neigh.

Bug Fables launched today!

Been playing it this morning and have reached the beginning of Chapter 2. So far I’m really liking the game. It’s definitely inspired by Paper Mario, but it has a number of elements of its own. The party banter between the main characters (Vi, Kabbu, and Leif) is pretty good and can be very funny, the game has a real cozy, relaxing feel to it, and it battles have been fun. There seems to be a lot of backstory for the game as well, going off of Leif’s reactions to the environments and comments on certain NPCs so far.

The world design is cool too. I always like seeing games where you play as something tiny and see how regular objects like old cardboard boxes or tin cans and the like are used in different ways. The first Inn you can visit is made up of a cardboard box with crayon drawings on the outside as decoration, which while maybe a minor thing, I like it. The world setting reminds me of the Pikmin games in a way.

While I’m early on, I’m glad I pre-purchased it. Seems like it will be a fun (and funny) game from start to finish.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Bug Fables launched today!

Been playing it this morning and have reached the beginning of Chapter 2. So far I’m really liking the game. It’s definitely inspired by Paper Mario, but it has a number of elements of its own. The party banter between the main characters (Vi, Kabbu, and Leif) is pretty good and can be very funny, the game has a real cozy, relaxing feel to it, and it battles have been fun. There seems to be a lot of backstory for the game as well, going off of Leif’s reactions to the environments and comments on certain NPCs so far.

The world design is cool too. I always like seeing games where you play as something tiny and see how regular objects like old cardboard boxes or tin cans and the like are used in different ways. The first Inn you can visit is made up of a cardboard box with crayon drawings on the outside as decoration, which while maybe a minor thing, I like it. The world setting reminds me of the Pikmin games in a way.

While I’m early on, I’m glad I pre-purchased it. Seems like it will be a fun (and funny) game from start to finish.

Looks charming as hell!

• Like 1

So Bug Fables is pretty damn good. I spent a lot of time playing it today, and have reached the start of Chapter 3. I haven’t actually gone to where I’m supposed to in order to continue the story, as I’ve been working on side quests.

Man. This game actually had a lot of content to it! Plenty of side quests open up as you progress, and you can complete them at any time or will make a little progress here and there on them as you go about playing. There are bounty side quests that require killing a rare version of a monster or an optional boss entirely (one of which I came across way before the quest appeared for it!) and by fighting different enemies and spying on them, you can actually use them in an card game. The card game is easy to learn thanks to the tutorial for it, and it’s actually really fun.

There’s more than just gameplay content though. The party can comment about any area or NPC you want at the push of the minus button, and there is a lot of text! It’s all been interesting though, and the banter between the party is well done. NPCs usually have new lines as chapters progress, and you’ll find familiar faces as you make your way around the land. The Gourmet who always shows up wherever food is served can help clue you in on recipes to make better items, and one exploring group will let you know about particular monster areas if you need to find a rare one.

There’s a lot I’m liking about the game. Some things could be ironed out, but overall I’m really enjoy myself. Looking forward to what awaits in chapter 3!

Has anyone given Dandy Dungeon a go? The DQ-logoed game?

If been hearing a Podcaster I listen to talk about it for weeks, finally took the plunge. a0a2536febb81e194ff41d1bf4476100.jpg

Still plugging away at Puzzle Quest. My Blood Mage is basically unkillable. My enemies don’t do enough damage to leave a dent, I’m constantly healing at the start of my turn, and I can hit for double what they can do.

I’m bouncing back and forth on Bioshock. To be quite honest, I’m disappointed the retail version only has 1/3 of each game. Yeah. Not even all of the first game and download codes to unlock the other two. I’ve already played through Infinite so I might as well download the other two, but then I’d only be saving $10 and it would take up more space. I dunno if I’d rather just get it on PS4 where I have more space and it’s cheaper now, or wait for sales on the first two games and get them digitally.

On 5/29/2020 at 5:22 AM, Plattym3 said:

Has anyone given Dandy Dungeon a go? The DQ-logoed game?

If been hearing a Podcaster I listen to talk about it for weeks, finally took the plunge. a0a2536febb81e194ff41d1bf4476100.jpg

More than just the Logo looks familiar. I see Dracky and Bubble-slime look-alikes as well!!!

• Like 1