eal

Switch RPGs...?

^ only thing on my wishlist that’s on sale is The Missing, and I have the physical coming in (eventually), otherwise I would have jumped on it.

Golf Story is on sale for 50% off.  Trying to be responsible and not buy it.

Posted (edited)

Went back to Let’s Go Eevee to finish it up. “But eal you just said you were gonna play Stick of Truth!!” I’m don’t wanna talk about that trauma!

I’m in Fuchsia and could probably bang out the last four badges and the Elite Four tomorrow if I dedicate the afternoon to it. I got to see the Pokémon Go connectivity firsthand and transferring my Pokémon over was simple enough but catching them was actually annoying. If your presentation is just gonna be them standing in a cluster in the middle of big open field then at least not make me actually have to try to catch them. I spent like five minutes trying to get Zapdos in a Pokeball. They can run away, for goodness sake, and you have to try again!

Edited by eal
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, eal said:

I got to see the Pokémon Go connectivity firsthand and transferring my Pokémon over was simple enough but catching them was actually annoying. 

Pokemon Go was the only way I was able to complete my Let's Go Pokedex.

I’m debating which RPG to pick up again now that I’ve finished Okami HD. It’s between Dragon Quest XI S and Fire Emblem Three Houses. After playing Okami HD for some time I feel like I should still be playing it even though I beat the game!

Guess I’ll try starting one or the other and see what grabs me.

8 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

I’m debating which RPG to pick up again now that I’ve finished Okami HD. It’s between Dragon Quest XI S and Fire Emblem Three Houses. After playing Okami HD for some time I feel like I should still be playing it even though I beat the game!

Guess I’ll try starting one or the other and see what grabs me.

DQ XI: S 

Duh!!

4 minutes ago, cprmauldin said:

DQ XI: S 

Duh!!

That’s probably what I’ll go for...but every time I say I will it never happens. I really like DQ11 too, so I don’t know why I have a hard time sticking with the Switch version. I just haven’t been in the mood for a big DQ game. I think that’s why I’ve been sticking to DQ1-3: simple, no need to focus on story, quick to pick up and play DQ games.

3 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

That’s probably what I’ll go for...but every time I say I will it never happens. I really like DQ11 too, so I don’t know why I have a hard time sticking with the Switch version. I just haven’t been in the mood for a big DQ game. I think that’s why I’ve been sticking to DQ1-3: simple, no need to focus on story, quick to pick up and play DQ games.

Maybe playing it in 2D mode will help with that. It's still the same game but it might put you in the mindset like with the other ones where it's 2D and cutscenes are quicker.

1 hour ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

Maybe playing it in 2D mode will help with that. It's still the same game but it might put you in the mindset like with the other ones where it's 2D and cutscenes are quicker.

This was what I was planning on doing if I ever bit the bullet and bought XI for Switch.

3 hours ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

See, I would try that, but I’m 130 hours into my first file of the Switch version and I’m not even halfway through Act 2 of the game. I did play the file again some earlier tonight and am trying to save Jade from Octogonia now.

I probably would have played more, but I’ve actually been playing on my Genesis Mini on a random whim and trying some of the different games on it. I tried out Gunstar Heroes and that game is #$*!ing good. Loved it and definitely want to play it again soon with the other character. I can see how this game helped influence Cuphead’s gameplay.

I think what I need to do is make a list of games I need to finish off. Do a repeat of what I did a few years ago during the summer of 2015 and mainly focus on completing games I’ve left in limbo. Guess I know I can start the list off with Dragon Quest XI S and Fire Emblem Three Houses!

14 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

I probably would have played more, but I’ve actually been playing on my Genesis Mini on a random whim and trying some of the different games on it.

Speaking of Genesis games, the collection is on sale for $12 on Switch right now. I'm guessing there's some overlap in the two libraries of the Mini and the collection, do you think the collection is worth it?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

Speaking of Genesis games, the collection is on sale for $12 on Switch right now. I'm guessing there's some overlap in the two libraries of the Mini and the collection, do you think the collection is worth it?

For $12? Hell yes. That’s a good price for the 50 games. I had just put that collection on my wishlist yesterday and had gone out to buy an eshop card while getting some groceries, and when I got home I was surprised to see it was on sale. I was going to use the card for something else, but changed that plan! Haha

There are quite a few games in the collection that aren’t on the Genesis Mini, and vice versa. $12 for the collection is also a pretty good deal, and that’s coming from someone who didn’t grow up with the console/games.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

Ok, the Genesis Collection gets some major bonus points for having games like Ristar (not on the Genesis Mini surprisingly) and Alien Soldier (also no on the G.M.), the latter being a game I’ve wanted to try and play for years. So good to see some Treasure game love on this collection, as Gunstar Heroes is also available to play.

Totally just bought this too today. I never had a Genesis. I honestly don't ever remember playing Sonic before.

Beat the Elite Four and now I’m level grinding in Cerulean Cave to take on some of the Master Trainers. We’ll see how many I beat before I give in.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

Totally just bought this too today. I never had a Genesis. I honestly don't ever remember playing Sonic before.

I never grew up playing Sonic, and for a long time I didn’t play one. I had always heard how Nintendo/Mario kids didn’t like Sega/Sonic, but I’ve never disliked Sonic so I was never sure where that was coming from from some folks. I was excited to see Sonic was being added in Smash Bros Brawl, and it was cool to see Mario and Sonic would be in an official game together.

I’ve only played a small handful of Sonic games, but truthfully I don’t mind that. There’s a lot of....odd official Sonic games, so I’ve mainly stuck to the older Sonic games. Only newer one genuinely want to get is Sonic Mania and, if I ever get the chance, Sonic Generations. Both of those seem like well made titles, and in Sonic Mania’s case it was made by folks who do all kinds of mods for the Genesis Sonic games.

Sounds like getting the Genisis Collection is worth getting. Thanks guys. I have some gold points so I can get it for $10.

• Like 1

In case anyone else is interested in the Sega Genesis Classics Collection, it will be on sale for $12 until April 13th.

Posted (edited)

I decided to get the 2.0 content pack for Blazblue Cross Tag Battle since it’s on sale right now. 9 new characters, new songs and a new stage, and a new story mode. I haven’t played the game in several months, so it took a bit to get used to the game again, but I forgot how fun the game could be. It’s an easy game to learn but there is plenty you can do with how the combo system works.

8 of the new characters are fun to play as, but the 9th one....the mother#$*!ing Blitztank...I love this thing. I think I finally found my character for this game aside from Ragna. Blitztank was such a bizarre announcement back when the 2.0 update was first made, but damn, it’s fun to play as. Definitely controls differently from the other characters, but it has the same potential as the other characters combo wise. It sucks it has no special character interactions though, but (tank noises) makes up for it.

spacer.png

And look at what I can make with this tank!
E9CFDF9D-223B-46B5-A1B6-098812C95123.jpeg.f1648f53c15fe6db28806b544a12bf8f.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

spacer.png

That’s a very phallic tank.

29 minutes ago, eal said:

That’s a very phallic tank.

Don’t diss the tank.
spacer.png

Seriously though, the “neck,” for the skull face is pretty ridiculous. I think it’s a character no one is meant to take seriously at all, but that’s what makes the “character,” fun. It’s a literal tank in a fighting game and I love it.
Some of the character reactions in the text quotes after a battle are pretty funny to, particularly this one I got while playing earlier. I was dying laughing because IT’S A TANK! How did she learn anything about it personality wise?!?! 🤣

spacer.png

Everyone is thrilled about fighting the tank.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 1

On 4/5/2020 at 4:00 PM, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Yeah. And XI is a big one. 

How far into the Switch version have you gotten?

1 hour ago, cprmauldin said:

Yeah. And XI is a big one. 

How far into the Switch version have you gotten?

Just finished Octogonia in Act 2 and recruited Jade.

Posted (edited)
On 4/10/2020 at 1:42 PM, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Just finished Octogonia in Act 2 and recruited Jade.

Oh that's a decent chunk. 

Did you do most of the extra content on the PS4 version?

Edited by cprmauldin