eal

Switch RPGs...?

On 2/17/2020 at 10:10 AM, cprmauldin said:

Oh right on. 

With my new attitude toward gaming (allowing myself leeway to goof around and jump around with my games), maybe I'll just fire it up right when I get it!!

And that's what I did. 

Put in 45 minutes last night before bed. 

• Like 1

And that's what I did. 

Put in 45 minutes last night before bed. 

I rolled the 2nd set of credits, beating the main game. There was a huge issue getting the post game to start on the 3DS apparently (I don't recall), but the event triggered within 2-3 game days for me. About to enter the first post game dungeon.

Wahoo! Mary Skelter 1+2 and Moreo Chronicles have finally shipped from Limited Run Games!

They both should arrive Wednesday, just in time for me to set them aside for months to a year.

10 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

I rolled the 2nd set of credits, beating the main game. There was a huge issue getting the post game to start on the 3DS apparently (I don't recall), but the event triggered within 2-3 game days for me. About to enter the first post game dungeon.

So you're on the complete opposite end of the game from me!! Haha. 

My playtime was low this weekend so I could wrap some other things up, but it should increase this week. Dialogue and Partial-Voice-Acting is charming thus far. 

There’s a game on sale for a whopping $.05 on the eshop right now. It’s called Mad Age and This Guy, and it seems to be a block pushing/Bomberman style of game. Doesn’t seem like a bad game, and a nickel just to buy it isn’t that bad either.

48 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

There’s a game on sale for a whopping $.05 on the eshop right now. It’s called Mad Age and This Guy, and it seems to be a block pushing/Bomberman style of game. Doesn’t seem like a bad game, and a nickel just to buy it isn’t that bad either.

Games like that I just use gold points towards. I got the Bird King game and Xeodrifter for just gold points. I've yet to play Xeodrifter but Bird King was pretty okay.

19 minutes ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

Games like that I just use gold points towards. I got the Bird King game and Xeodrifter for just gold points. I've yet to play Xeodrifter but Bird King was pretty okay.

I only have 2 cents on my eshop gift card credit. If I had 3 more cents I’d buy it. I save my gold points for Smash Bros Ultimate DLC Mii costumes.

If you would like to help Yangus buy this $.05 game, please send 3 pennies in a sealed envelope to Pickham, DQ8 world. House number whatever comes between 4 and 6.

I ended up spending a lot of my gold points for Doom 1 and 2. The sale they had for those games was too good to pass on. Especially when Doom (1993) got support for the new episode!

I was pleasantly surprised Ghost of a Tale was briefly announced during the Indie World 2020 presentation. 

And Baldo looks intriguing so far. (I know the trailer's from 2019, but I couldn't find official footage of Baldo from the Indie World 2020 presentation.)

Posted (edited)

Baldo’s graphics and character design looks like rip-off Studio Ghibli. Definitely seems like the developers took a little too much inspiration from Ni No Kuni in particular.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit
  • Like 1

Some sales this week. db04366cb90ba8203ac3ee36f52b7dfc.jpg

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

Some sales this week. db04366cb90ba8203ac3ee36f52b7dfc.jpg

I like that Square decides to put all their games on sale while I'm nowhere near done Fire Emblem. The bastards.

6 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Baldo’s graphics and character design looks like rip-off Studio Ghibli. Definitely seems like the developers took a little too much inspiration from Ni No Kuni in particular.

Works for me. If the gameplay is good I'm there day one.

Edited by DrippySlimeStar

5 minutes ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

I like that Square decides to put all their games on sale while I'm nowhere near done Fire Emblem. The bastards.

Works for me. If the gameplay is good I'm there day one.

Didn’t you dislike NNK when you replayed it recently? I remember you saying it didn’t live up to the expectations in your head that you recalled.

Didn’t you dislike NNK when you replayed it recently? I remember you saying it didn’t live up to the expectations in your head that you recalled.

Thus his comment "if the gameplay is good!"

Beacuse it's not in NNK

4 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

Thus his comment "if the gameplay is good!"

Beacuse it's not in NNK

Maybe. We need more drips of info from the Slimestar.

55 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Maybe. We need more drips of info from the Slimestar.

Yeah it was more backtrack-y than I remembered but the world carries the game in my opinion. When I originally saw Baldo the art style was what made me interested. 

Not because I’m playing it at the moment, but Okami HD is part of the Capcom sale going on over at the eshop right now. If you like Zelda/adventure games, it’s a good one to play.

I'm into chapter 18 of Fire Emblem and that last battle was emotional. I know I'm coming towards the end and I don't think this story is going to have a happy ending. I don't think I'll replay it to experience the other house's stories but I might look up plot details. I'm not prepared to dump another 40 hours for each with a class I didn't care for to begin with.

DUUUUUUUDE! I can’t wait to download the demo for Bravely Default II later! I’m so looking forward to that game! 😀

• Like 1

Heads up to people interested in Panzer Dragoon: if you want a physical copy of it for Switch, it looks like it’s Limited Run Games are the ones releasing it, and the pre-order period starts tomorrow. I’m gonna do my patriotic duty and stimulate the economy tomorrow.

Posted (edited)

That Good Job! game they showed off in the Direct today looked pretty good. Might pick that one up down the road. I’m always down for a puzzle solving game where you can do pretty much whatever to solve the problem.

I’m also considering that Clubhouse Games: 51 Worldwide Classics too. I could easily take that to my family get togethers and we could get have a good time with that. Most of my family aren’t into gaming like I am, but I think the Clubhouse Game Collection would be an easy way to play a number of games with them and would be easy enough for my relatives to pick up and play.

• Like 1

I’m absolutely loving the Bravely Default II demo. There are some things that need fixed for Quality of Life sake, but visually and mechanically the game is MMMMMMMM MMMMMMMM GOOD! Absolutely loving the music too. It’s so wonderful to have Revo back as the music composer after how lackluster Bravely Second’s soundtrack was.

My one wish with BDII is that it’s a much more compelling game than Bravely Second was. Second just felt off with how it tried to slap humor into almost every scene for one thing, and while there were times where the game had the same vibe going for it that Default had, they felt like they were buried in rather than being a natural part of the gaming experience.

20 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

Damn, what caused THOSE prices? Didn’t see that coming. I was expecting at most $15-20 more than it sold for originally.

Finished a nice enough but short game called The World Next Door. I had fun for the four or five hours it took to play it but the ending was very anticlimactic, there were a lot of unanswered questions (I assume I would have gotten them if I picked the second ending), and most of the limited number of Quests were simple. Also, I hate YouTuber cameos and this game had one by an anime YouTuber (because Viz Media published it) and her voice acting was obnoxious. Definitely felt like this was Viz testing the waters in game publishing, the whole thing felt incomplete.

Now I’m back to South Park: The Stick of Truth. I’ve gotten far enough away from my last attempt so I’m starting over again to try to complete the game in one go. I have a full list of missable content on my phone I can reference lol. I can mute it and listen to my backlog of podcasts while I try to catch up.

These inconsistent days off that work gave us has given me a good amount of time to catch up to my backlog a bit.

• Like 1

Lots of games are on sale on the eshop, especially Indie Games. These were a few that caught my eye:

Darkest Dungeon is on sale in the eshop for $15. That’s a good deal for the game.

Also, Bastion and Transistor are on sale for $3 and $4 each. Never played the latter, but I really like Bastion, so I’d really recommend that one if you’ve never played it before.

Crypt of the Necrodancer is on sale too, and that’s one rhythm game fans should check out. It’s REALLY good, and was probably my most played game on my Vita! The Switch version is an excellent edition of the game.

Another good sale is Blazblue Cross Tag. The 2.0 content bundle is finally on sale and while it’s not by much, I might have to go ahead and get it since it’s been on my wishlist for a while. I’ve been wanting to play as Blitztank too. 💀