eal

Switch RPGs...?

16 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

Still waiting on Mary Skelter 2 & Omega Labyrinth. Geeze, didn't I order them like a decade ago?

Like 9/10 times when it comes to LRG they haven’t even gone into manufacturing yet by the end of the pre-order period, and they almost never have them immediately in-hand. It usually takes maybe a month or two. The Missing won’t be shipped out until 2-4 months after the pre-order date, according to their website, for example. It’s best to just forget about them until you get the email saying they’ve shipped.

Edited by eal
  • Like 1

On 1/23/2020 at 10:53 AM, Plattym3 said:

Wahoo! Very excited for this. Could be my only day #1 purchase of the year. And definitely my only special edition purchase... In years? Ever?

Yeah me too. This will be my first entry in the series so I'm excited about that as well. 

I think I'll hop on over to Amazon and just get the preorder put in. 

Yeah me too. This will be my first entry in the series so I'm excited about that as well. 

Have you ever played Harvest Moon or Fantasy Life or Stardew Valley?

4 hours ago, Plattym3 said:
On 1/29/2020 at 6:05 PM, cprmauldin said:

Have you ever played Harvest Moon or Fantasy Life or Stardew Valley?

Harvest Moon, over 12 years ago. Neither of the others. 

• Like 1

I can surprisingly get behind the silliness of this game. It does actually look pretty good, and I love the artstyle for it.

35 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

I can surprisingly get behind the silliness of this game. It does actually look pretty good, and I love the artstyle for it.

I added it to my Steam wishlist a couple months ago after it was discussed in a Red Bard video on good, short visual novels. Guess I’m getting it for Switch instead lol.

1 hour ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Love the concept but I know I'd never actually get it. I'm not a fan of narrative heavy games and ones that require me to think even just a little bit. 

• Like 1

Only saw this today, but Darkest Dungeon and all of its DLC is one sale for 40% until the end of tomorrow, February 6th. It’s a tough RPG but if you enjoy rougelike games, turn based RPGs and/or gothic horror it’s well worth checking out.

• Like 1

On 1/25/2020 at 12:55 PM, eal said:

Finally, Limited Run Games is publishing a Switch game I’ve been excited to play for months. Now they just need to get around to publishing Forgotton Anne like they announced last year.

F9600D5E-077A-4486-AB2D-AD2459FA04A5.thumb.jpeg.2a0e27c84662009fc4091195c8192c42.jpeg

lol I went on their website to order The Missing today and this is what I see:

C38F5C35-CDA1-4599-8E74-19E8E59E962E.thumb.jpeg.ee6f4d1dc82d5f3d4387490a580b0c80.jpeg

Who's Anne? I must have forgotten.

Fun fact: it was originally published by Square Enix digitally.

I’ve been calling it ForgottAnne since I’ve heard about it.

• Like 1

The Crash Bandicoot and Spyro remake trilogies are 50% off on the eshop right now, so you can get either game for $20. I don’t know how the Switch versions of both are, but those were fun games to play. I didn’t grow up owning either series (though I did get to play Spyro every now and then) and I got a lot of enjoyment out of the remake trilogies.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Plattym3 said:

So I lucked out by getting the Rune Factory 4 Special review code.  Been playing for a week.

https://rpgamer.com/2020/02/rune-factory-4-special-impression/

I'll save you a click: it's great, it looks nice, it sounds nice, it's basically the 3DS game on Switch.

Nice, glad you were able to get a code since you've been looking forward to it since it was announced.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

So I lucked out by getting the Rune Factory 4 Special review code.  Been playing for a week.

https://rpgamer.com/2020/02/rune-factory-4-special-impression/

I'll save you a click: it's great, it looks nice, it sounds nice, it's basically the 3DS game on Switch.

Good!

I can't wait to get it!!!

• Like 1

Nice, glad you were able to get a code since you've been looking forward to it since it was announced.
I think it may have been my incessantly mentioning the game on RPGamer's Discord and on articles I've written in January, plus likely no one else really wanting to commit to a game that long to play for review. Haha, either way, I'm excited to have been able to revisit this game. I have to set alarms to make me turn it off at night.

Capcom and Ubisoft are running sales on the eshop right now. Mario + Rabbids is $15, Rayman Legends if $10 (which is REALLY tempting to get, not gonna lie), and the Phoenix Wright HD Trilogy is $15, just to name some highlights.

The one I would recommend if you want something from the sale? Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate. It’s $20, which is a hell of a deal considering all the content that’s jammed into the game. If I didn’t have my physical copy of the game I would totally snag it up at that price point.

10 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Capcom and Ubisoft are running sales on the eshop right now. Mario + Rabbids is $15, Rayman Legends if $10 (which is REALLY tempting to get, not gonna lie), and the Phoenix Wright HD Trilogy is $15, just to name some highlights.

The one I would recommend if you want something from the sale? Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate. It’s $20, which is a hell of a deal considering all the content that’s jammed into the game. If I didn’t have my physical copy of the game I would totally snag it up at that price point.

I want the Assassin's Creed collection but would prefer Black Flag on PS4 for the trophies...even though it has those stupid online trophies. Rayman sounds like a good deal, I'm on the last level of Yoshi's Island and can always enjoy a colorful platformer. 

On 2/12/2020 at 11:03 PM, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Well. Thanks to you. I guess I am back into Monster Hunter again.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Twinkie said:

Well. Thanks to you. I guess I am back into Monster Hunter again.

You’re welcome I think?

Hey, now we can play the game together online. That was fun doing that with Bururian when we were playing Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate.

2 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

You’re welcome I think?

Hey, now we can play the game together online. That was fun doing that with Bururian when we were playing Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate.

It is a good thing!

I got in contact with one of my old friends and he managed to get a copy of it as well. So I am going to be playing it sometime this week. It will take a while to derust since I haven't played since Tri Ultimate. Once I get my footing with the game, just let me know and we can do some hunts.

1 hour ago, Twinkie said:

It is a good thing!

I got in contact with one of my old friends and he managed to get a copy of it as well. So I am going to be playing it sometime this week. It will take a while to derust since I haven't played since Tri Ultimate. Once I get my footing with the game, just let me know and we can do some hunts.

Haha, ok. Not gonna lie, the way I read it sounded like you begrudgingly were thanking me! 🤣

And now worries. Just let me know when you’re feeling confident about jumping online. I haven’t played a Monster Hunter game in a while, but I’m all for playing with others and going on some hunts.

I’m not going to have a character named Yangus though. Every Monster Hunter game I go with a different DQ character and name them/base them after that. In 4 Ultimate I was Ragnar with my Palico being Healie, and in World I was Sir Mervyn with my Palico being Gabo.

On 2/14/2020 at 1:35 PM, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Haha, ok. Not gonna lie, the way I read it sounded like you begrudgingly were thanking me! 🤣

And now worries. Just let me know when you’re feeling confident about jumping online. I haven’t played a Monster Hunter game in a while, but I’m all for playing with others and going on some hunts.

I’m not going to have a character named Yangus though. Every Monster Hunter game I go with a different DQ character and name them/base them after that. In 4 Ultimate I was Ragnar with my Palico being Healie, and in World I was Sir Mervyn with my Palico being Gabo.

That's how I read it too!

I guess sarcasm is the standard around here XD

Anyway, since I am here, I'll mention Amazon emailed me to update me that I'll be receiving Rune Factory 4 on the day of it's release.

I hope to begin the game that day, but after realizing how much there is to do, "post-game," on DQ XI: S, who knows if I'll be ready to throw another game into the mix. 

• Like 2

That's how I read it too!

I guess sarcasm is the standard around here XD

Anyway, since I am here, I'll mention Amazon emailed me to update me that I'll be receiving Rune Factory 4 on the day of it's release.

I hope to begin the game that day, but after realizing how much there is to do, "post-game," on DQ XI: S, who knows if I'll be ready to throw another game into the mix. 
And Rune Factory 4 is similar to DQXI S in that you roll credits. And then another story arc begins. And then you roll credits. And then another story arc begins. It's a good, long game!

Just hit 25 hours and about to get the 2nd story arc going.

2 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

And Rune Factory 4 is similar to DQXI S in that you roll credits. And then another story arc begins. And then you roll credits. And then another story arc begins. It's a good, long game!

Just hit 25 hours and about to get the 2nd story arc going.

Oh right on. 

With my new attitude toward gaming (allowing myself leeway to goof around and jump around with my games), maybe I'll just fire it up right when I get it!!